Current Player #16 Tyler Burey

Getting our revenge for him rejecting us in summer.

If people want him on the bench, I'm not sure who he's meant to replace out of Eastwood/Thorniley/Matete/McEachran/Goodrham/Dale/Goodwin - and that's without Moore/Stevens/McGuane too. I think its quite nice to have some depth and competition for places for a change.

Don’t think we need Matete & McEachran on the bench. So he’d replace McEachran for me.

They both came on in the last game though?

And were both awful.

Seriously, bringing both on was entirely unnecessary. Neither successfully contributed to our attacking ability and (more importantly) they were both involved in our flaky defending too.

Also telling that we made 5 subs in the game - and the other 3 (all attacking) positively impacted the game individually.

McEachran is now on a par with Thorniley for me - in that he should only be involved in the matchday squad if he's the only available option in his position to cover the bench.

And were both awful.

Seriously, bringing both on was entirely unnecessary. Neither successfully contributed to our attacking ability and (more importantly) they were both involved in our flaky defending too.

Also telling that we made 5 subs in the game - and the other 3 (all attacking) positively impacted the game individually.

McEachran is now on a par with Thorniley for me - in that he should only be involved in the matchday squad if he's the only available option in his position to cover the bench.

McEachran was involved in the build up to the second goal though?

What was the point of signing him, not even to make the squad....
We might as well got another striker, or defender...
You would be certainly, well p***d off ,going out on loan to , basically not play.
On the pitch ,I thought he was quite good ..

Forget the bench. Why didn’t he start instead of playing a LB on the left wing?
Did you watch the game? Leigh was a good outlet, a wide target man and it was effective. Especially when we were playing 2 10s as 8s and a LB who hasn't played in a while, it's perfectly understandable to have a bit of extra defensive cover. If Goodwin was playing, playing Leigh there would be questionable. Burey should be getting on the bench, though.

And were both awful.

I thought McEachran played okay, some great cross field balls.

I thought McEachran played okay, some great cross field balls.
He did play a couple of great balls. The issue is that he has the mobility of an 85yr old. Having said that, I do actually think we played better when CB went off.

Because someone is bored and wants to foster another conspiracy theory to boost their 'likes' count

What’s the conspiracy theory here?

I’d be surprised if he plays again for us.

Not in squad. Behind the likes of McEachran, Henry, Smyth & Thorniley who aren’t involved.

Browne & Edwards back in training in 4 weeks.

What’s the conspiracy theory here?

I’d be surprised if he plays again for us.

Not in squad. Behind the likes of McEachran, Henry, Smyth & Thorniley who aren’t involved.

Browne & Edwards back in training in 4 weeks.
But why does it have to be something sinister that means he'll never play for us again?

Is it really so inconceivable that it might just be 19 into 18 don't go, and on this occasion he's missed out and on another it might be someone else - you know, horses for courses, rotating the squad, etc..

..or is that too mundane and boring to get outraged about?

But why does it have to be something sinister that means he'll never play for us again?

Is it really so inconceivable that it might just be 19 into 18 don't go, and on this occasion he's missed out and on another it might be someone else - you know, horses for courses, rotating the squad, etc..

..or is that too mundane and boring to get outraged about?

Think that answers my queries. Is he really not good enough for the 18 that were chosen today?

would’ve brought something to the game today. Had the same thought every time he’s been absent.

Des is promoting individualism. There’s no defined patterns or collaborative play and Burey strikes me as the type who is quite happy with the task of carrying the ball 40-50 yards on his own.

It’s the most Oxford United thing I’ve seen in a while for him to have disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom