Current Player #16 Tyler Burey

Would you be happy if your manager just turned a blind eye to someone you worked with, who didn’t bother turning up for work all week or when they did just sat around doing nothing but on Friday’s, when it is an early finish they make sure they turn up on time and actually put a shift in as they know it’s a shorter day?
But that’s not a good comparison is it.
A better comparison is that my colleague has been in an intensive training course with us all week, appears not to be understanding all the content and working hard enough whilst we all cracking on, but on the day of the exam, passes, whilst several of us fail miserably before lecturing him on standards in the class room.

But that’s not a good comparison is it.
A better comparison is that my colleague has been in an intensive training course with us all week, appears not to be understanding all the content and working hard enough whilst we all cracking on, but on the day of the exam, passes, whilst several of us fail miserably before lecturing him on standards in the class room.
Absolute rot . Bloke has a stinking attitude. If Des got walked all over by him it would basically unsettle all the dressing room . You just have to set standards .
The squad needs to be 100% together not letting standards drop.

This boils my P**s this does. Burey was playing fairly well in proper games, but the reason he’s not playing was that he wasn’t putting it in at training, where multiple members of our fantastic squad and management team, who are performing so fabulously well right now had the f*****g audacity to call him out!!!!?
Fu@k me, I’ve heard it all. Cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians!
Blimey

Yes can't see him playing again for us ,shame but we need to move on. Players come and they go.

Agreed. Sounds as if he has issues and needs some help. If so, I hope the club are providing it. Not everybody in any walk of life is fully self sufficient and never struggles to cope.
Or he could just be a f*****g t**t, with a bad attitude and a big gob, who doesn’t deserve any help, certainly not from us, seeing as we’d already given him a chance by taking him on loan in the first place.

Sounds like he’s had enough chances in his career already, and has thrown every single one back in the faces of those who gave them to him.

B*****s to him, he’s an A*****e, and he ain’t our problem, send him back.

No idea. I thought you might have some inside info!
No , just a manager under tremendous pressure to get results , who plays wingers and has injuries meaning that he is probably the best option and he doesn't even make the bench ,added to the fact that he has a iffy past then it must be attitude .

My Charlton supporting friend has mentioned Nathan Jones hasn’t been afraid of dropping players out of his squad. Maybe Des is showing steel which many think he doesn’t have.

Whether he's arsed in training or not is irrelevant in the position we're in. We need to win games, and he's looked fairly promising when he has played and plays in a position we need backup. It's lunacy to leave him out of the squad completely.

Whether he's arsed in training or not is irrelevant in the position we're in. We need to win games, and he's looked fairly promising when he has played and plays in a position we need backup. It's lunacy to leave him out of the squad completely.
I am sure that there are reasons why he isn't in the squad.
Des would want him on the bench with his pace.
The club don't throw players under a bus, so quite rightly we don't know the exact reason. I would assune that it isn't lunacy to leave him out.

The club don't throw players under a bus, so quite rightly we don't know the exact reason. I would assune that it isn't lunacy to leave him out.

Unless he has been completely unbearable maybe we should try and make use of him while we have need of him for the short time he is here though? Even if its just while Goodrham is injured, else its another January signing which is a waste of time and money.

The only justifiable reason to leave him out is if he's injured or just unavailable to play for some other reason (personal reasons etc). He clearly has something to contribute and plays in a position we need. Not selecting him if he's available for selection is most definitely lunacy, and actually potentially harming our play-off chances.

The only justifiable reason to leave him out is if he's injured or just unavailable to play for some other reason (personal reasons etc).
No, being a disruptive influence or causing disharmony amongst the rest of the squad would also be justifiable reasons to leave him out. Not saying that is what is happening, but if it was something like that couldn't we simply terminate his loan agreement?

No, being a disruptive influence or causing disharmony amongst the rest of the squad would also be justifiable reasons to leave him out. Not saying that is what is happening, but if it was something like that couldn't we simply terminate his loan agreement?
That's what I don't understand. If all that's being suggested about his disrupted behaviour is correct, why haven't we got rid of him?

Looks like there's a disconnect between Des and the recruitment team. It's clear Burey was on our radar pre Des and this signing looks like it wasn't one DB wanted. You wonder whether he wanted Matete too. You also wonder how the hell Goodwin cannot get a start in this team. Burey has what no other player appears to possess in our team - rapid pace over a short distance and an ability to whip the balls in early and quickly - he doesn't look like a jinking sort of winger who has any desire to reach the by line and pull it back, it's all about the first 5-10 yards, putting it in to a dangerous area and leaving for the attackers to do the rest. Burey and Goodwin amongst a front three, not the worst shout.

Back
Top Bottom