Current Player #16 Tyler Burey

I just cant buy it. Was it @Leysboy who said it? He's usually got good intel but that said I cant believe any player who has a history in the game (and I would say Bodin, McGuane and I cant remember the other one do have that) would down tools no matter what their perception of the coach. Rumours get around and it is so damaging to their career if that gets out (which it has). If I was a manager I would never want a sniff of bad attitude near my team. I cant believe they would be so unprofessional, damage their own careers and incur the utter disregard of all the other players. Tyler B is maybe a different example as he is still young and I dont think has really settled anyway.

I agree with most of this, it sort of beggars belief that any professional footballer just chucks in the towel. I'm not convinced Leysboy has the right information, although he seems steadfast in his view - no smoke without fire? Look at the thread post match v Bolton, there seemed virtually a whole forum buying in to this 'downing of tools'. It's subsided a bit after the Port Vale game and with nothing to chew on since then people seemed to have changed their view and questioning it's worthiness.

I agree with most of this, it sort of beggars belief that any professional footballer just chucks in the towel. I'm not convinced Leysboy has the right information, although he seems steadfast in his view - no smoke without fire? Look at the thread post match v Bolton, there seemed virtually a whole forum buying in to this 'downing of tools'. It's subsided a bit after the Port Vale game and with nothing to chew on since then people seemed to have changed their view and questioning it's worthiness.

Welcome to YF

But then Portsmouth away the team were so committed. I dont say I understand the inconsistency but the downing tools thing just doesnt seem right to me

Leysboy has been very quiet on the ‘3 that don’t try’ since they were named and there was a lot of anger towards them from people on this forum (myself included).
Sometimes people get things wrong but to suggest 3 players are doing the worst thing you can you do as a footballer can have a very negative backlash on those players.

What ever is going on with Bruery, if he isn’t making the squad on a match day then he clearly isn’t doing something right.

You can have all the talent in the world but these days, coaches and managers like to create a good culture within a club and if a player isn’t buying into that then off they go.

A high profile example of this is Arteta getting rid of Aubameyang who was the captain at the time.

Leysboy has been very quiet on the ‘3 that don’t try’ since they were named and there was a lot of anger towards them from people on this forum (myself included).
Sometimes people get things wrong but to suggest 3 players are doing the worst thing you can you do as a footballer can have a very negative backlash on those players.

What ever is going on with Bruery, if he isn’t making the squad on a match day then he clearly isn’t doing something right.

You can have all the talent in the world but these days, coaches and managers like to create a good culture within a club and if a player isn’t buying into that then off they go.

A high profile example of this is Arteta getting rid of Aubameyang who was the captain at the time.

I have no problem with that. My gripe - and it is a big assumption that there's any credibility in what Leysboy says - is how three players that have given up on the manager are still making the matchday 18 yet Burey can't - maybe there's a 4th that's chucked it in! . Nothing adds up.

I have no problem with that. My gripe - and it is a big assumption that there's any credibility in what Leysboy says - is how three players that have given up on the manager are still making the matchday 18 yet Burey can't - maybe there's a 4th that's chucked it in! . Nothing adds up.

So just to be clear: your gripe is with something that you don't believe anyway?

That’s because Leysboy was talking absolute B*****s.

Tyler Smith, Max Woltmann, Sonny Perkins, Tyler Burey, Matete.

There are far too many of these types of signings that we have made in very recent times, where the player disappears after a short time at the club, never to be properly seen or heard from again. It’s not good for the club, our reputation, or for the players themselves.

Whilst we make some good signings, there are too many instances of these mistakes occurring time and time again, that are proving very costly, both financially and also denying us players in the squad who can actually contribute.
By tbf Max Woltman is one for the future so wasn’t expected to be in the running to start.

By tbf Max Woltman is one for the future so wasn’t expected to be in the running to start.
Woltman is only 2 weeks younger than Goodrham, he'll be turning 21 in the first couple of weeks of next season. Not that he's past it but he's hardly some 17/18 year old just making his way in the game, there's probably 50 odd players his age or younger who have played a decent amount of games in League 1 this season. I think he's made the bench once in the league all season, he's miles off it and didn't want to go out on loan to get some game time in January either. I hope he comes good but considering we paid a fee for him seems like a real miss from the recruitment team/Manning.

Regarding Burey, his attitude is crap and I don't think he's even particularly good, he's lightening quick but not a lot else. It'll be interesting to see how his career goes. Having that sort of pace is always an asset and if he were to get his head down he could have a decent career but I'm quite content with him not being in the squad as things stand.

Burey was a perplexing situation a few weeks ago when we barely had any fit wingers, and a bench full of defenders and (comparatively) old men.

Now Dale & Murphy are flying, we have Goodrham & Browne and maybe even Edwards soon as bench options - Burey is not getting close to the squad on merit from this point on.

Time to forget about him - he was a bad signing, but it was a short term thing.
Waste of money, yes, but hell - we're already losing millions of Bakrie's money every season, and needing to spend nine figures of someone's money for the new stadium. One more bad loan signing kind of gets lost in the noise financially compared to all that.......

If you take the names of the three who have downed tools and rearrange the letters then you can spell out the sentence "Get Des out. Leysboy is right" (with a whole bunch of other letters left over). Coincidence? I'll let you decide.

If you take the names of the three who have downed tools and rearrange the letters then you can spell out the sentence "Get Des out. Leysboy is right"
None of said players have a ‘t’ in their name, so you’ve lost my trust, as well as my respect.

Been busy today and thought I’d jump on the forum to exclaim my pleasure at the club pushing sales for Shrewsbury (kudos!).

Unfortunately, when jumping onto this thread, it appears that it’s another that has been hijacked by opinions that are once again, linked back to the manager.

It’s completely tiresome and largely unwarranted. 7 games to go. Get behind the team for Christ sake.

Been busy today and thought I’d jump on the forum to exclaim my pleasure at the club pushing sales for Shrewsbury (kudos!).

Unfortunately, when jumping onto this thread, it appears that it’s another that has been hijacked by opinions that are once again, linked back to the manager.

It’s completely tiresome and largely unwarranted. 7 games to go. Get behind the team for Christ sake.
Completely agree with this. I'm feeling excited and slightly sick at the prospect

I was including their middle names. Bodin's middle name is Tiberius

Would love it if that was the case, but given that his Dad is a six-fingered dullard......I believe it's lacking in any such grandeur or imagination, and is actually Paul.

Back
Top Bottom