Current Player #16 Tyler Burey

Just for clarification, I'm not saying TB is causing a massive disruption, I don't know what is happening behind the scenes. It was a response to the suggestion that what you do on the pitch is the most important thing. It is important, but then so is fitting into the team without causing a lot of issues.
People will disagree but picking a squad based on how likable they are within a group rather than what they may bring to the team/increase your chances of winning in a competitive match situation is ultimately counterproductive, considering the aim of football as a sport is to win matches!

If the rest of the team are going to sulk if he gets picked then that doesn't say much positive about them as a group. That's childlike behaviour.

But this is fine, isnt it. We sign him on loan. If it doesnt work out he goes back at the end of the season. It was worth a risk but sometimes these things dont work out.
Don't agree, it was poor recruitment. Don't opt to loan a player who will bring questionable attitude and application if you're going to drop him the moment he shows exactly that. We undoubtedly spent money on that loan, and it prevented us signing an alternative who could have contributed to the rest of the season.

Don't agree, it was poor recruitment. Don't opt to loan a player who will bring questionable attitude and application if you're going to drop him the moment he shows exactly that. We undoubtedly spent money on that loan, and it prevented us signing an alternative who could have contributed to the rest of the season.
That's what I can't understand about it.

He was on our radar for months. We must've known exactly the type of player he is, both on and off the pitch.

Why sign a player you can't manage?

People will disagree but picking a squad based on how likable they are within a group rather than what they may bring to the team/increase your chances of winning in a competitive match situation is ultimately counterproductive, considering the aim of football as a sport is to win matches!

If the rest of the team are going to sulk if he gets picked then that doesn't say much positive about them as a group. That's childlike behaviour.

You're right.

People will disagree. I do.

I dont disagree with you. It depends if it was a calculated risk that - at the moment - isn't paying off. It isnt essential because we have strong players there at the moment with Murphy and Dale and Browne to come back soon.

For me skill is only part of the equation when it comes to performance. Application, commitment and character are vital for the individual and for the good of the team. Burey has bags of the former but question marks over the latter. That said, I am basing that on total speculation and if I am wrong then Tyler B I apologise.

Last edited:
I dont disagree with you. It depends if it was a calculated risk that - at the moment - isn't paying off. It isnt essential because we have strong players there at the moment with Murphy and Dale and Browne to come back soon.
Edwards too?

If Robinson hadn’t been in the dug out for games then, yes, I’d have wanted to know what’s the problem. If I’d been told he had personal issues going on, then fine, I don’t need to know the ins and outs. Burey is clearly a talent and we’ve looked pretty useless during his time here hence why I think it would be good to get some clarity as to why he’s not making the squad. Henry in the squad instead of him makes no sense - one has to pace to burn, the other none at all. Burey is an outlet that we don’t have too many like. If we are told Burey has personal issues going on, fine, but when you look at how toothless we’ve been you have to wonder. I think the last game he played in was the one where he tracked back about 50 yards and made a brilliant saving tackle towards our own box, that one moment alone doesn’t suggest to me there’s a lack of willingness or effort on his part.
Comparing the role of Burey and Henry in the squad only goes to show how little you appear to know about team dynamics. Do you really think Henry’s game is built around his “pace”? Is that how you compare their usefulness? Your comments really are very odd sometimes.

So rumours, basically?

And this is the bit I was referring to 'And I'd say that not causing massive disruption with the rest of the squad is as important as what you bring to the pitch'
Yeah if you wanna call it rumours then why not.

I suppose the question then is 'are all rumours from all posters to be treated equally?'

For me skill is only part of the equation when it comes to performance. Application, commitment and character are vital for the individual and for the good of the team. Burey has bags of the former but question marks over the latter. That said, I am basing that on total speculation and if I am wrong than Tyler B I apologise.

What do you say about the 'downing tools 3' then ? Given up on Des apparently but still getting selected.

For me skill is only part of the equation when it comes to performance. Application, commitment and character are vital for the individual and for the good of the team.
I believe a Dr Shinoda already ascertained that the perfect split in order to achieve peak performance is:

10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain

What do you say about the 'downing tools 3' then ? Given up on Des apparently but still getting selected.
I just cant buy it. Was it @Leysboy who said it? He's usually got good intel but that said I cant believe any player who has a history in the game (and I would say Bodin, McGuane and I cant remember the other one do have that) would down tools no matter what their perception of the coach. Rumours get around and it is so damaging to their career if that gets out (which it has). If I was a manager I would never want a sniff of bad attitude near my team. I cant believe they would be so unprofessional, damage their own careers and incur the utter disregard of all the other players. Tyler B is maybe a different example as he is still young and I dont think has really settled anyway.

I believe a Dr Shinoda already ascertained that the perfect split in order to achieve peak performance is:

10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain
Yeah but he also said:

'One thing I don't know why, it doesn't even matter how hard you try'

So I don't know if you could trust him.

I suppose it doesn't matter. Unless he was our interim Head Of Performance after Harry Routledge left.

Yeah but he also said:

'One thing I don't know why, it doesn't even matter how hard you try'

So I don't know if you could trust him.

I suppose it doesn't matter. Unless he was our interim Head Of Performance after Harry Routledge left.
Listen to yourself. It’s like you’re paranoid, looking over your back; like a whirlwind inside of your head.

Back
Top Bottom