Home Match Build Up 16/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Plymouth Argyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
There did seem to be some on here who were angry and frustrated .
Most supporters didn't really care as you suggest though.
I don't care for the competition but I do care about winning football matches that we should be winning!!
Anyway onto the next match.
Tough game coming up. Plymouth seem to have built a team that's clicked. They play a 3-5-2 home or away so the midfield will be tight, we'll have to find ways of playing between the CB's. Two strikers would cause problems but KR won't do that so it's important that Taylor has support from Henry or Brannagan in the final third.

I`ll be pleased with a draw, ecstatic with a win and "meh" with a defeat in October.

Bases covered.

We get it. You don’t like the FL Trophy.
Some care about the competition, some don’t, I care about that game because as a squad they had the opportunity to build a winning run but essentially didn’t bother. I wouldn’t miss the trophy games but when I make the effort to go the game and we don’t ‘turn up’, yep, I’m frustrated, but you can’t claim that ‘most supporters’ don’t care based on the views of members of this forum.
Back to the Plymouth game please.
I didn't bring this up. I agreed with the poster.
I can claim that most supporters don't care about the Trophy.
It was free to ST holders and most still couldn't be bothered to go.

It will be a really interesting game.
They have beaten Wimbledon and Shrewsbury away drawn at Lincoln and Pompey and lost to Rotherham.

If we were to win we would go within two points of them with a game in hand.

Hopefully our support will be big and vocal as theirs definitely will be.

I didn't bring this up. I agreed with the poster.
I can claim that most supporters don't care about the Trophy.
It was free to ST holders and most still couldn't be bothered to go.
Couldn’t be bothered or had other commitments which may or may not have been a greater priority than that game, we’ll never know.
Either way we can be sure that before each FL Trophy game we’ll still have the same repetitive ‘tin pot trophy’ jibes and negative views on the tie and / or opposition from forum members; gets a bit tedious but I guess that’s the beauty of a public forum.

Tough game against a team that hasn't lost since the opening day. Should be a great occasion... cue a tedious 0-0!
a certain shower down the wrong end of the A420 went and beat the league leaders ( league 2 that is) , - in their 'current'/ L2 local derby - last Saturday. No reason the mighty U's cant do the same ( beat the league leaders) albeit at a higher level this Saturday, ( especially if Kane is fit to start) ....reckon it will be a close game, ....also reckon we'll nick it late on

Last edited:
Looks good.
I would play Sykes instead of Forde and it would depend on how Plymouth play whether Gorrin should be in the team.
I did toy with the idea of Sykes or Whyte instead of Forde, and having Gorrin in the middle, but Plymouth are gonna be tough to stop, and Kane has done so well in that role when he’s played in the middle, but he gets us moving forward as well, which Gorrin tends not to do.

It worked well against Sheffield Wednesday having Forde out wide, as he will add a bit more defensive stability on the right than Sykes or Whyte will, and his delivery into the box is excellent as well.

Although to be honest I couldn’t care less who plays, as long as we win!

We’ll win. We’re on the start of a roll.

I’d start Gorrin and Sykes, we’re going to need to keep back door shut.

Couldn’t be bothered or had other commitments which may or may not have been a greater priority than that game, we’ll never know.
Either way we can be sure that before each FL Trophy game we’ll still have the same repetitive ‘tin pot trophy’ jibes and negative views on the tie and / or opposition from forum members; gets a bit tedious but I guess that’s the beauty of a public forum.
Imagine how tedious this place will get when we are drawn in the same FLT group as Wycombe - some posters won't be able to handle the trauma of not being able to decide which they don't care about more!!!!!

Imagine how tedious this place will get when we are drawn in the same FLT group as Wycombe - some posters won't be able to handle the trauma of not being able to decide which they don't care about more!!!!!
I’m going 50:50 there both pointless is that ok

3-1 yellows, they have a good manager and KR knows him well, just think we are better.

Debate on Twitter about the dismal home ticket sales..................... and the club are doing what to promote the game and/or fill those seats?

Even @Manorlounger got a plug in for the SP. :)

2 adults, 2 kids pretty much £55 quid on tickets and that is without transport, some grub etc. Then it's getting towards £75+ ..... there is your starting problem.

I think attendances are fine. There is financial impact, plus those still wary about Covid. If I was in the UK, I still wouldnt be going back to Stadia yet.

Wait and see how the flu season is, any impact along with Covid.

From afar, people are still looking at England as the guinea pig, seeing what works, any impacts before making their move.

Debate on Twitter about the dismal home ticket sales..................... and the club are doing what to promote the game and/or fill those seats?

Even @Manorlounger got a plug in for the SP. :)

2 adults, 2 kids pretty much £55 quid on tickets and that is without transport, some grub etc. Then it's getting towards £75+ ..... there is your starting problem.
That doesn't make any sense, it's more expensive for travelling supporters! That's what football and live events in general cost. Look back at our gates against Plymouth, we're where you'd expect. We don't quite have the momentum of wins needed to get excitement going, and as said before a lot of people don't like the ground.
Edit: I agree that while the overall attendance is what you'd expect the home end looks sparse and lacks energy - the reasons have been discussed here at length.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom