Home Match Day Thread 16/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Plymouth Argyle

Malc

Staff member
I think this will be our toughest test yet. Argyle are flying at the moment.
As befits a club at the top they have scored more, let in less and only lost 1 (so far).
If we can win this, be it only by one goal, then I will buy Kip a seat on the positive bus!

REF WATCH :

James Bell is the man with the whistle for today’s clash with Plymouth Argyle.
Bell, from Oughtibridge, Sheffield - a self confessed Sheffield Wednesday fanatic - is in his second season
officiating in the EFL .

In 2020-21 he took charge of 31 matches issuing 85 yellow cards and 9 reds.

Bell is referring an Oxford Utd game for the second time today after being the man in the middle in early February
when the U’s lost 3-2 at Doncaster,

E_cNYa0XsAQH-8r

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

CXGf9G1WkAA-KVd

Includes Deane Smalley, Curtis Nelson, Ryan Taylor, Alex MacDonald, Colin Clarke, Nick Banger, Chris Hargreaves,
Andy Thomas, Darren Purse and Steve Maclean.

REF WATCH :

James Bell is the man with the whistle for today’s clash with Plymouth Argyle.
Bell, from Oughtibridge, Sheffield - a self confessed Sheffield Wednesday fanatic - is in his second season
officiating in the EFL .

In 2020-21 he took charge of 31 matches issuing 85 yellow cards and 9 reds.

Bell is referring an Oxford Utd game for the second time today after being the man in the middle in early February
when the U’s lost 3-2 at Doncaster,

E_cNYa0XsAQH-8r
I don't see how they can allow "self confessed" fans of teams ref in the same league.

Surely any doubt of favouritism is enough to not allow this?

He might have bad blood from our amazing win a few weeks ago!

Hopefully the fact that Argyle actually play football will be to our advantage today. To be honest I expect and would be happy with a draw.
COYY!

I think this will be our toughest test yet. Argyle are flying at the moment.
As befits a club at the top they have scored more, let in less and only lost 1 (so far).
If we can win this, be it only by one goal, then I will buy Kip a seat on the positive bus!
Scored more than who Malc?
Morecombe, Ipswich, Bolton and MK have scored more than Plymouth and a couple have conceded fewer.
They are clearly a decent team and are playing well though.

Tough game today but really looking forward to it.

Expect us to concede a couple but hopefully it will be a decent display of quality football where we continue to create lots of opportunities and bang in a couple ourselves.

2-2 (Taylor brace)

7,754 crowd

Should be a good atmosphere today. We can push on from here,Let’s hope we really get at them without letting our trousers down.😂

Really excited for this one, two teams that will turn up to entertain. Pilgrims will make a lot of noise so we need to match them if we can.

As for the points, we know we can beat teams that play a similar style to us. But they will say the same thing. It is all down to who wants it more.

Think Stevens may need to be a hero again today...

Plymouth are playing good football, but so are we and our home record is very good. I think we will win and it will be an important marker after last season where we struggled against teams above us.

2 - 1 Taylor and Kane

Scored more than who Malc?
Morecombe, Ipswich, Bolton and MK have scored more than Plymouth and a couple have conceded fewer.
They are clearly a decent team and are playing well though.
OUFC

If this game becomes end to end both teams more interested in attacking than defending it could be 4-4 but I think it will be cagey both teams trying to stop the other scoring so I’m going 1-0 with a late goal … I’m excited for it either way should be a decent game

Sort of game we hopefully can win. There stats are very impressive they have a lot of shots on goal in most games. Do we have a defensive style with our set up or go for it our wingers will have a bit to do at both ends I feel. They could be the answer to what should be a good game of football going 2-1 to us 🤞

Argyle flying at the moment but you suspect they probably won’t be troubling the top 6 come April. Not an ideal time to play them - although it feels to me like KR has Lowe’s number. The game at the their place last season their shape caused us loads of problems, but we adapted and ultimately won fairly comfortably.

I think this will all depend on how we come out of the blocks after two weeks off. Will we be rested and refreshed or a step off the pace having lost momentum? With KR sides, the trend has generally seemed to be towards the latter unfortunately, so I think we’ll be less fluid than we were in that superb first half at Hillsborough. I think given the circumstances a win will be tricky, but we should have enough to not lose. Wouldn’t be too disappointed with a draw - keep the unbeaten home record going and the points tally ticking over ahead of what looks, on paper, like a favourable run of fixtures over the next few weeks.

1-1, Henry, both goals scored first half.

I think we'll win 2-1, all goals in the last 20 minutes.

Also earlier in the thread i got reminded of deane smalley and now need to go shudder for a bit

Back
Top Bottom