Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/02/2019 OUFC v Peterborough United Matchday Thread +++

I thought it was very lacklustre in the first half then second half we should have got a goal in the early part.
Not going to mention the ref as it would be a waste of time lol
On to the next one

I think one of my most hated of phrases in football is 'there's plenty of time left'
Agreed. And my own pet hate phrase is "we are too good to go down". The road to relegation is paved with those words.
Some of the comments on here are complacent versions of "we are too good to go down". Raising our game for the top teams is meaningless if that is not backed up with wins against the lesser lights.

Very poor today never worked hard enough from the first whistle, and to give a player like Ivan Toney that much room in the box from a free kick was criminal.
We certainly need to break our duck away from home in the next two games or the table will look disastrous this time next week.

COYY

Really bizarre. Graham was decent, but seemed to want to beat his man 5 times.

An additional worry is KR working on getting the ball wide and crossing. Oh yeah? Who will be getting on the end of these crosses. We should be working on cut backs...we don’t have the forward players for aerial challenges. Crossing is inefficient

We did well in that area I thought.
Not sure what more Whyte has to do, twice he set up brannigan and Henry to score and they didn’t execute

I can't be bothered to comment on today's game - if we paid money for Hanson then whoever was responsible needs shooting - no, the news that my group discovered today is that our practice ground is about to have its grass-cutting equipment repossessed. Er, I thought our absentee Chairman had "sorted" the money situation? This club of ours is completely toxic at the moment & a real fans revolt is needed PDQ . What the hell is really going on?
Scotchegg - I really do admire your rose tinted view of things; one of the previous posts classified you as .."fiddling while Rome burns" - very good description.

Let's face it, for whatever reason, the team did not play well enough to win. Henry could have been pulled much earlier, off day, whatever. The defense doesn't appear to communicate and switched off altogether for the goal. Hanson couldn't pass at all.

Shocking that KR can come out and blame the team for not entertaining the fans. It's your team pal, sort it or b****r off.

As for talk about the training ground grass cutters being repossessed, I'm speechless. What does our absentee owner do with his money? Does he have any? Does anyone at the club really not know?
It all sounds as though the club has not paid Stadco again with the inevitable petty responses but, having agreed to end the arbitration, why?
Is anyone at the club going to come out and admit there is an issue?

Ivan Toney today was just the worst kind of asshole today. with his back to goal, he had his elbows flying behind him, armfuls of our defenders shirt at all times.
He lay down under any challenge feigning injury, But he was not the only one, they were all like him. Ugly players playing the ugly game. That baldy bastard should have been sent off for some of his total shithousery. Toney got his dark reward today as we gifted him the freedom of Grenoble rd to score. We were far too slack on him.

They got the result, fair enough by Stifling the s**t out of football, but really, they were just godawful to watch... as were we.
We need to wise up and wise up fast, we cannot afford to be bullied by shite teams like them.

One more thing before I kick next doors cat, Jordan Graham was beauty amongst the beasts today. Class!
Goodnight☹️

I'm interested to see why some fans are losing the plot after today - it wasn't great, but not a reason to blindly panic either. Plenty of time left in the season and games where we can really make an impact on the league table. The fans like a collective panic at this season time of the season don't we? Calm the eff down.

As for the game, not sure why it wasn't a penalty at the end of the game, but by that time, the Ref had completely lost the plot - a shame as he had had a largely good game. I'm interested to know how it wasn't a foul on Sinclair but it was on their player at the end...

We did ok today, huffed and puffed but the lack of touch in the box was the difference between the teams. Graham was excellent, so was Whyte (he needs to learn to dive, sadly) and much to panickers consternations, Dickie was good too.

Two big games in the next, so COYY and stop being whiny bitches!

As for their players, what a bunch of pusses. You'd think they had been clattered by the Leeds team from the 70s today for all the time they spent rolling around in abject agony, only to then get up and run around. Not sure how Maddison stayed on the pitch. One word for both... Cheats

2 wins in 13, a performance like that today, sitting in the relegation zone for most of the season, and a blinkered manager who seems to think we play better than the opposition most games even today.
With a handful of games to go, please can you let the rest of us know when we can panic.

2 wins in 13, a performance like that today, sitting in the relegation zone for most of the season, and a blinkered manager who seems to think we play better than the opposition most games even today.
With a handful of games to go, please can you let the rest of us know when we can panic.
Add a few blinkered fans too!

I really think this club are broke financial wise, if the mowers are being repossessed then that says it all, Tiger and the Italian mafia man are full of s**t, yes I know were being held to ransom by the owner and we need to do something about it but these two tossers are not the ones to help, or for that matter the scouse git manager.

It would not surprise me to see us in administration come the end of the season and take a points hit next year.

Can’t remember a worse time as a supporter, not even Leyton Orient at home with that twerp Hearn as there chairman jumping up and down,

the news that my group discovered today is that our practice ground is about to have its grass-cutting equipment repossessed.

Can you provide any evidence for that? If it's true, it's beyond embarrassing.

Er, I thought our absentee Chairman had "sorted" the money situation? This club of ours is completely toxic at the moment & a real fans revolt is needed PDQ .

Yep. This has gone on long enough.

What a load of cr@p they should be paying us to watch that dross. Why does Eastwood keep kicking the ball towards the moon? We don't have any players there nor do we have any 40 foot tall players even Jake Wright could never get to those.:giggle:

Undeniably the recent performances against the top teams have been better (although interspersed with fairly poor shows at 10 man Burton and L2 Bury) - but today was terrible. Where was the energy? The hunger? The battling nature we need to get out of the s**t? Just not there. We've got a few decent players and quite a lot of pretty mediocre ones - and somehow you could tell in the first five minutes that the majority of them just weren't up for it. There was a lot of avoiding responsibility by passing the ball sideways to someone/anyone else rather than shooting/making a forward movement/playing a 'difficult' pass. And if we have a midfield that can't or won't challenge then change the midfield! We are OK against teams that take the game to us, and bloody awful if they don't. I'm thinking of getting a season ticket next year for the 'Oxfordshire Watching Paint Dry' Competition, it might be more exciting than the rubbish I watched today.

After the last few games I was quite optimistic that we could survive in this division. After today, I really am not so confident.

Where was the energy? The hunger? The battling nature we need to get out of the s**t? Just not there.

I don't know. I thought we put on a hell of a lot of pressure, especially in the first 30 minutes of the second half, but somehow when it came to actually scoring we either bottled it or fluffed it. In my view is wasn't the (8 pints of Guinness + vinadaloo) s**t lapse of defense that lost us the match: all teams do that from time-to-time, it was the fact that we weren't two or three to the good when we embarrassed ourselves.

Undeniably the recent performances against the top teams have been better (although interspersed with fairly poor shows at 10 man Burton and L2 Bury) - but today was terrible. Where was the energy? The hunger? The battling nature we need to get out of the s**t? Just not there. We've got a few decent players and quite a lot of pretty mediocre ones - and somehow you could tell in the first five minutes that the majority of them just weren't up for it. There was a lot of avoiding responsibility by passing the ball sideways to someone/anyone else rather than shooting/making a forward movement/playing a 'difficult' pass. And if we have a midfield that can't or won't challenge then change the midfield! We are OK against teams that take the game to us, and bloody awful if they don't. I'm thinking of getting a season ticket next year for the 'Oxfordshire Watching Paint Dry' Competition, it might be more exciting than the rubbish I watched today.

After the last few games I was quite optimistic that we could survive in this division. After today, I really am not so confident.

Think you were at a different game to me and we played well at Burton just couldn’t break down a 10 man defence not leaving their own half.

Think you were at a different game to me and we played well at Burton just couldn’t break down a 10 man defence not leaving their own half.
That's fine - we all have different opinions. I'd like to know (to help the discussion flow!) which bits you disagree with. If I had to use one word for today's performance it would be 'lethargic'. (Peterborough did also hit the post and Toney made a terrible hash of a free header he should have buried)

Re Burton: it's the very fact that we couldn't break down 10 men for 80 minutes that makes it a disappointing performance for me. - although bits of it were easy on the eye. And it's what worries me if we are about to come up against teams who are determined (at all costs) not to lose and also put ten men in their own half, because we've got to do better than a series of draws or losing by a single goal when our defence has its customary lapse of concentration.

That's fine - we all have different opinions. I'd like to know (to help the discussion flow!) which bits you disagree with. If I had to use one word for today's performance it would be 'lethargic'. (Peterborough did also hit the post and Toney made a terrible hash of a free header he should have buried)

Re Burton: it's the very fact that we couldn't break down 10 men for 80 minutes that makes it a disappointing performance for me. - although bits of it were easy on the eye. And it's what worries me if we are about to come up against teams who are determined (at all costs) not to lose and also put ten men in their own half, because we've got to do better than a series of draws or losing by a single goal when our defence has its customary lapse of concentration.

Just don’t think our performance was terrible. We were as good as Posh imo and they’re 6th/7th? In no way did we deserve to lose today.
I know it’s all ifs and buts but we should have beat Barnsley & Sunderland and Burton really and a point today. Small margins in my eyes between looking at play offs and looking at relegation.
I just hope we can play as well against the next teams at home. Still think we will be ok

Back
Top Bottom