Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/05/2019 Luton Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Turning point in second half was Brownes strike where he went near post. Fire that far post and it could've been followed in if it didn't go in.

WTF, how does, maybe get to a game yourself sound, fcuking idiot. jones gives away a freekick, shot taken, goal! we have a mountain to climb after 3 minutes. Last week it was an own goal.
He is a raw talent, who in a few years may well make a damn good player. Mous should have played today in the centre, for this game.
Simply my opinion, don't like it then jump off a cliff, like a lemming would.
Very simple - either (i) you are a troll; (ii) you have some sort of pathalogical hatred of anyone connected to our youth development system or (iii) you do not understand the idea that putting a youngster into a handful of end of season games against decent first team opposition and where we have little or nothing to lose is an important part of their process - whether they are astoundingly brilliant or make the odd mistake here or there (or even have a stinker) they will still be the better for the experience for when they are next used.
Ignoring the abuse in your first and third line, your second line in which you comment on his potential but then state that a seasoned pro should play indicates that (iii) is true; your incessant attacks on Malachi Napa (and to a lesser extent others) over the last 12-15 months, despite repeated corrections by many forum members indicates that (ii) is also the case; and as for (i) then the fact that the speed and consistency at which you take any opportunity to post negatives about youth players, in full knowledge that most on this forum do not agree with you and many have endeavoured to explain where your opinions fall down, does suggest that you do take a certain delight in drawing responses from those same people through repetition of your flawed views....

I read this last night and was at that game. I’d started to doubt myself.

Funny how time plays tricks on us. I was at that game too. Jandy Mutchcur did that stupid fingers in the air jive in front of the away terrace.

I believe there was trouble outside the away end afterwards too with outrageous rumors about players being involved circulating the London road club coaches.

Anyway I’m glad to see Luton go up at the expense of either or both of Sunderland and Portsmouth who see league 1 as below their status. Luton I see as a similar club to our own , slightly bigger crowds and a similar lower league history . Also impressed that they’ve managed to go from championship to conference and back quite so quickly. Not on billionaire owners either. And a caretaker manager for the last several games.

For his career and for us, Jones playing the last 3 games has been a massive bonus for us on a mediocre season. While the mistakes can be annoying, you can't develop young talent and attract it to your club, without doing it. We've seen players come on loan from higher clubs and look out of their depth at 18, 19, 20. etc.

Jones surprised me with how comfortable he looked in comparison. He has a lot of hard work ahead of him as all of our young players do, but anyone with a clear mind would see the lad is as talented as the coaching staff have said he is. I can't be the only one excited seeing the club are finally reaping the benefits of the work the Lenagan family, among others, started all those years ago.

Very simple - either (i) you are a troll; (ii) you have some sort of pathalogical hatred of anyone connected to our youth development system or (iii) you do not understand the idea that putting a youngster into a handful of end of season games against decent first team opposition and where we have little or nothing to lose is an important part of their process - whether they are astoundingly brilliant or make the odd mistake here or there (or even have a stinker) they will still be the better for the experience for when they are next used.
Ignoring the abuse in your first and third line, your second line in which you comment on his potential but then state that a seasoned pro should play indicates that (iii) is true; your incessant attacks on Malachi Napa (and to a lesser extent others) over the last 12-15 months, despite repeated corrections by many forum members indicates that (ii) is also the case; and as for (i) then the fact that the speed and consistency at which you take any opportunity to post negatives about youth players, in full knowledge that most on this forum do not agree with you and many have endeavoured to explain where your opinions fall down, does suggest that you do take a certain delight in drawing responses from those same people through repetition of your flawed views....

Funny isn't it, the first post that seems to be controversial, and the usual suspects come out, with the usual vitriol, or another way to put it rubbish, for their own agenda. For the last countless months, as long as anyone including Greatunclekip, post what people want to see, seemingly tow the line as 95% of our posts have been then all is fine in the garden.

Then come the attacks of the troll, when something is said that is different, then here we go.

Let me say what I wrote, without the classic one sided spin from mooro, though no doubt he wont like it.

I have been impressed with the way we have played the back end of this season, having travelled hundreds of miles to support the team...oops there goes the troll theory out the window, sorry moooro….Bury as one of the 100, Rochdale midweek, 1000 miles return journies alone, from where I live.
No way does that make me a better supporter than you, but therefore a troll.:ROFLMAO:
What I have been privilege to have seen is the change in the team, I thought could go onto win promotion if the season went on for a few more weeks.

Jones made a simple mistake under pressure last week, and I said he should not be played in such a cauldron as yesterday. I said he would be a great player in a couple of years, he's only 17 (keeping up mooro?). I said a tackle led to the free kick that gifted Luton a goal, after 3 mins, leaving us a mountain to climb.

Napa, I simply questioned as to why he was on the bench, when he had not even featured for Macclesfield and was sent back at Christmas. I said a youngster would have been preferable, or in hindsight an U23. Where is Jonte Smith even?

So put that with the support I have given the club on here and why can you not be more constructive in your replies rather than confrontational?
Yep I admit my earlier reply to someone was childish.
Christ, unity should be the message now at this point in the season. Reply if you wish but you will be doing so to a mirror.

COYY.

Agree Mooro.
To me playing Jones instead of Mous was absolutely the right thing to do. Jones is obviously rated very highly and giving him experience against Marquis and Collins ,when for us it doesn't matter ,is fantastic experience for Jones and could benefit us next season. And the season afterwards.
I saw him at Shrewsbury and v Doncaster and overall was very impressed (sure his positioning and other parts of his game need to and will improve)
One of KRs real posirltives is his desire to develop and bring through younger players.
The only slight disagreement I would have had is that I reckon Lofthouse could have got some game time (and maybe Napa)

For his career and for us, Jones playing the last 3 games has been a massive bonus for us on a mediocre season. While the mistakes can be annoying, you can't develop young talent and attract it to your club, without doing it. We've seen players come on loan from higher clubs and look out of their depth at 18, 19, 20. etc.

Jones surprised me with how comfortable he looked in comparison. He has a lot of hard work ahead of him as all of our young players do, but anyone with a clear mind would see the lad is as talented as the coaching staff have said he is. I can't be the only one excited seeing the club are finally reaping the benefits of the work the Lenagan family, among others, started all those years ago.

Where does that leave us though with the U23 situation? A few of the ones brought in have been released. I'd be interested to know how many of the U23 squad there are, or is more a case of combining players from the youth and younger first team players to play in the U23's.

WTF, how does, maybe get to a game yourself sound, fcuking idiot. jones gives away a freekick, shot taken, goal! we have a mountain to climb after 3 minutes. Last week it was an own goal.
He is a raw talent, who in a few years may well make a damn good player. Mous should have played today in the centre, for this game.

You’ve got to be kidding pal.
The lad has given away a free kick on the edge of the box...even the best CBs do that and it wasn’t reckless in any way. It was a routine basic tackle
Then you have go about the own goal, well if u think he was to blame for that then this outs you as being a dick. Anyone who knows football understands all this.
Jones is class and will be premier league in a few years.

Where does that leave us though with the U23 situation? A few of the ones brought in have been released. I'd be interested to know how many of the U23 squad there are, or is more a case of combining players from the youth and younger first team players to play in the U23's.
My reading of the situation is that the U23s released were not rated as good enough (except for Little who happened to be in a position where we have Baptiste, Sykes, Henry ahead of him)
Stevens and Heap are 2 who are in the U23s.
I guess that as Jones, Elechi, Spasov. Lopes, Lofthouse, James all seem to be rated highly and will play for the U23s ( and hopefully a couple will make it into the first team)

And you think Mous would have been a better choice?!?...utter nonsense.
Mous makes more mistakes at CB than anyone. Jones is there for the experience, again something that any straight thinking person understands.

I did hear him after at least two of the games you mentioned above. You forget to mention the games he called into after we have won.
Oh and he has called since Gillingham. I know by simply listening.

Isn’t he right saying Jones will be a great player in a couple of years?
Saying he shouldn’t be relied on as backup?

Saying how we could challenge next year keeping the squad together, how fans and club are now more unified following the last few weeks?
Isn’t that positive?
I could go on, but my toast is going cold.

“I did hear him after at least two of the games...”

Of course you did - you are Paul !

Why are you making posts about yourself you donut ?

Last edited:
I gotta defend @Mellowyellow here, as much as I've disagreed with some of his posts in the past.

a) I also thought we would have a stronger defensive lineup yesterday, after hearing how KR wanted to be respectful to the title race. I'm glad Nico got an opportunity to learn against a strong attacking lineup, but it was a silly freekick to give away in the 2nd minute, and therefore a mistake.

b) I also don't think Napa should have been in the squad against Luton. We already had Hall and Whyte on the bench, I don't think Napa was ever going to be seriously considered as a sub to be brought on.

c) I swear I've also heard this Paul caller more than once on the radio after the match since the Gillingham game. And he has given some platitudes to Karl whenever it was he called (either Donny or Charlton for sure)

d) Disagreements and counter arguments are what forums are built for. Don't see the point in insulting each others intelligence (unless it's regarding Sarge's arithmetic in regards to the promotion battle last week ?)

e) Mellow has been on the forum for years. He skews to pessimism most of the time, but at least he cares about the club. Trolls generally don't last long around these parts.

“I did hear him after at least two of the games...”

Of course you did - you are Paul !

Why are you making posts about yourself you donut ?
i dont want to give away personal info (which i believe is against forum rules) but they are 2 very different people, I see both at Oxford games

And you think Mous would have been a better choice?!?...utter nonsense.
Mous makes more mistakes at CB than anyone. Jones is there for the experience, again something that any straight thinking person understands.
the point is that if we were trying to play our best team (and therefore not give Jones a game to gain experience), some of us think Mous would be a better choice. can people on this forum please stop insulting each other just because we disagree, we're all OUFC fans for gods sake

the point is that if we were trying to play our best team (and therefore not give Jones a game to gain experience), some of us think Mous would be a better choice. can people on this forum please stop insulting each other just because we disagree, we're all OUFC fans for gods sake
I think that the point is that we were not looking to play our best team.
Quite rightly in my view, KR was trying things for next season and giving Jones experience can only have been a good thing.

I think that the point is that we were not looking to play our best team.
Quite rightly in my view, KR was trying things for next season and giving Jones experience can only have been a good thing.

Except Karl had initially said that we wouldn't be playing Jones, as we wanted to field our strongest team. I think he was in by default after Dickie was continued to be ruled out by illness.

All the talk about the game, from players and fans, was about wanting go there and spoil the party, not just turn up and gain experience.

As far as I am concerned that's the season over, done and dusted. Programmes filed and records finished and filed away.

That's over and the speculation about this and that for next season may now begin.

Back
Top Bottom