Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/04/2019 Shrewsbury v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Completely agree. Haven't seen any indication of the lack of enthusiasm (he was one of the players that ran from the subs bench to celebrate the third goal and Walsall and did the same for Mackie's winner against Bradford). I think he's out of form/confidence, which I can understand. He started brightly after joining in January but was replaced by Garbutt in the starting line up and hasn't really had a look in since.

I still maintain that he's a good player at this level and would certainly have him back next season if we can agree favourable terms with Wolves.
Wasn’t he played on the right when he was first here? On the left he has to check back to use his right foot, and often has to beat his man again

D4xbd-gXoAMCOb_

Kashi on Campbell.

Gavin Whyte will go for some serious money at some point. We have a hell of a player on our hands!

Agree. He was brilliant today and won’t be here for long with performances like that.

I do however, think Sykes is an even better prospect. The boy floats across the ground and glides past players. Not as quick as Whyte, but technically better and more balanced on the ball.

He was brilliant on debut at Accrington, and has been very good every game since.

Really excited to see how he develops, considering he has only been in pro football 3/4 months!

Agree. He was brilliant today and won’t be here for long with performances like that.

I do however, think Sykes is an even better prospect. The boy floats across the ground and glides past players. Not as quick as Whyte, but technically better and more balanced on the ball.

He was brilliant on debut at Accrington, and has been very good every game since.

Really excited to see how he develops, considering he has only been in pro football 3/4 months!

Northern Ireland has been a happy hunting ground recruitment wise of late, it'll be interesting to see if we dip into the market again this summer.

It's sad!
No, Scotchers, what’s sad is you following me around like a shadow. What’s sad is you overlooking anything positive I ever say, of which there were PLENTY on this thread alone, and only ever choosing to break out your ‘drunk lad spoiling for a ruck’ routine. What’s sad is you claiming people only ever say negative things when not only is it categorically not true, you are seemingly so lacking in self-awareness that you can’t see the only broken record with a vendetta around here is you. You’re so desperate for an outlet for some sort of deep-rooted frustration that you so clearly hold, that all you ever do is pick fights and needle strangers on the internet, even in times of joy. Your first instinct is to try to celebrate in the face of others, because you’re so thick that you seem to think people who spend a fortune, and travel thousands of miles every year watching this club, will somehow be disappointed that their money hasn’t been wasted, and that their days have in turn been made. How absolutely tragic that your primary goal seems to be chasing people around the internet, acting like some sort of creepy, unhinged voyeur, rather than enjoying life.

No, old friend, the only thing sad around here is you. I pity the way that you seem to live your life, spending what must be hours wondering what I’m doing or might be thinking, or about to say. I pity that you have never met me, yet I am on your mind almost constantly. I pity that without Charlie around to harass anymore, you feel that your existence is somehow lessened, and that you require some sort of alternative nemesis to place all of your anger on to, because you’re clearly incapable of facing your various issues in a healthy and constructive way. Like I said to you before, fella, you’re just that sad little man down the local trying to initiate a scrap with a stranger. Nobody thinks that guy is clever or funny, they simply think he’s an idiot. And they feel really, really sorry for him. I really hope you exorcise your demons one day, because they’re running riot at the moment.

I really enjoyed watching an exciting game of football go my team’s way today, along with 900 others who travelled hundreds of miles there and back to do so. I’m just sorry that you don’t seem to enjoy anything more than trying to dig out people who, although you may rarely agree with, love the same club you do and spend huge amounts of time and money supporting it, regardless of their opinion on how it’s run at various levels. People like you are more of a problem than people like me could ever be.

I will never engage with you again, so fill your boots and in turn prove my point that even when I’m standing in silence with my hands behind my back, you still can’t resist throwing punches. Only one of us will look stupid.

One of their oil tankers, Luke Waterfall, had a trial with us in 2009 when we were in the Conference. He was deemed not good enough back then, although to be fair he was only 19. Shrewsbury fans don't think he's good enough now.

No, Scotchers, what’s sad is you following me around like a shadow. What’s sad is you overlooking anything positive I ever say, of which there were PLENTY on this thread alone, and only ever choosing to break out your ‘drunk lad spoiling for a ruck’ routine. What’s sad is you claiming people only ever say negative things when not only is it categorically not true, you are seemingly so lacking in self-awareness that you can’t see the only broken record with a vendetta around here is you. You’re so desperate for an outlet for some sort of deep-rooted frustration that you so clearly hold, that all you ever do is pick fights and needle strangers on the internet, even in times of joy. Your first instinct is to try to celebrate in the face of others, because you’re so thick that you seem to think people who spend a fortune, and travel thousands of miles every year watching this club, will somehow be disappointed that their money hasn’t been wasted, and that their days have in turn been made. How absolutely tragic that your primary goal seems to be chasing people around the internet, acting like some sort of creepy, unhinged voyeur, rather than enjoying life.

No, old friend, the only thing sad around here is you. I pity the way that you seem to live your life, spending what must be hours wondering what I’m doing or might be thinking, or about to say. I pity that you have never met me, yet I am on your mind almost constantly. I pity that without Charlie around to harass anymore, you feel that your existence is somehow lessened, and that you require some sort of alternative nemesis to place all of your anger on to, because you’re clearly incapable of facing your various issues in a healthy and constructive way. Like I said to you before, fella, you’re just that sad little man down the local trying to initiate a scrap with a stranger. Nobody thinks that guy is clever or funny, they simply think he’s an idiot. And they feel really, really sorry for him. I really hope you exorcise your demons one day, because they’re running riot at the moment.

I really enjoyed watching an exciting game of football go my team’s way today, along with 900 others who travelled hundreds of miles there and back to do so. I’m just sorry that you don’t seem to enjoy anything more than trying to dig out people who, although you may rarely agree with, love the same club you do and spend huge amounts of time and money supporting it, regardless of their opinion on how it’s run at various levels. People like you are more of a problem than people like me could ever be.

I will never engage with you again, so fill your boots and in turn prove my point that even when I’m standing in silence with my hands behind my back, you still can’t resist throwing punches. Only one of us will look stupid.

What is sad is that you feel the need to write an essay to counter what I say, despite apparently not caring!!!

A totally unbalanced view of Robinson didn't help you.

Opinion and fact are different you know.But you always revert to the "its my opinion"remark when proved to be wrong.

Get with it, Oxford84! Don't you know by now that opinion IS fact? Of course, the opinion that I'm currently living in Trump land might have swayed my fact slightly.

Can’t help wondering if we’ve seen the last of Kashi, Carruthers and Graham in an Oxford shirt today.

Opinion and fact are different you know.But you always revert to the "its my opinion"remark when proved to be wrong.
The fact that he stated, that from a central position the guy "shaves the post" shows how ridiculous it was to blame Stevens. Mr Tickle wouldn't reach that far across!!!

The fact that he stated, that from a central position the guy "shaves the post" shows how ridiculous it was to blame Stevens. Mr Tickle wouldn't reach that far across!!!
With a couple of players in front of him he might also have not had a clear sight of the ball initially.

I don’t think he (JG) has any lack of enthusiasm for OUFC. I think it’s a run of poor form and, perhaps, a realisation that the footballer he once was is a thing of the past.

Not exactly last-chance saloon for Jordan Graham, but with failed loan spells at Ipswich and Fulham in living memory, Oxford United is absolutely the best he is going to do for his next permanent contract. He should be working his nuts off to be best player on the park, week in, week out.

He was beaten at his near post with a clear site of the ball, as well as missing a couple of crosses that came in, one in particular should have been buried, but landed on the roof of the net.

Yes, there were def other areas he was a bit suspect... his kicking also wasn’t that great.
Don’t think he could have done much about the goal imo

Shame, because I think Kashi looks a really good player, but seems to let his emotions get the better of him. Today’s tackle was rash, but I like someone in the middle of the park that doesn’t shy from a tackle. Like Ledson, and of course Mickey Lewis.

I think I’d try and keep him, as long as KR can control him.
Ryan Ledson got sent off today for Preston. ????

Back
Top Bottom