Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/02/2019 OUFC v Peterborough United Matchday Thread +++

We knew that January and February had some tough games, but we're largely through them now and have plenty of games left to get the points we need to stay up.

Would you back us to beat the rubbish all around us such as Walsall, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, even Wimbledon just now..? Cos I think every single one of those will bully us like Posh and I’m not sure we can cope when that happens.

That was a really poor game. Limp first half from both sides. Second half we gifted to posh who didn't have to do much more than press on the halfway line and shithouse. Frustrating because when we needed aggression we went with pace and vice versa. A very favourable run of games coming up and if we're not a few points clear of danger by the end of march we probably deserve the drop. Jordan Graham is sonne player though right? Even in the gloom today his skill and touch were a pleasure to watch. Coyy

Would you back us to beat the rubbish all around us such as Walsall, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, even Wimbledon just now..? Cos I think every single one of those will bully us like Posh and I’m not sure we can cope when that happens.

Good question and we all know the answer whether we want to admit it or not

Yes.

It’ll be the measure of the team and KR. The evidence suggests that we aren’t the sort of side that excels in that sort of battle.

We need to see a reaction in the next two matches. Another set of also rans with one who could be sucked into the relegation battle. Something that raises the pulses in a good way and is a proper reaction to today’s disappointment and we can push forward again.

That was a really poor game. Limp first half from both sides. Second half we gifted to posh who didn't have to do much more than press on the halfway line and shithouse. Frustrating because when we needed aggression we went with pace and vice versa. A very favourable run of games coming up and if we're not a few points clear of danger by the end of march we probably deserve the drop. Jordan Graham is sonne player though right? Even in the gloom today his skill and touch were a pleasure to watch. Coyy
And yet Robinson singled Graham out for criticism because he didn’t get crosses into the box early enough.

For gods sake Jerome, there’s no use getting uptight about the stadium situation and the lack of any resolution. The stadium is owned by a Mr Kassam, you have to accept the crappy situation I’m afraid..

Graham is very skilful, but needs to deliver the ball into the box quicker.

We needed to start with Mackie and bring Sinclair on and go two up top.

Posh were there for the taking, but so were Burton, Sunderland and Barnsley and we only got 2 points out of those games.

I’d rather we lost some and won others rather than keep drawing.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see why some fans are losing the plot after today - it wasn't great, but not a reason to blindly panic either. Plenty of time left in the season and games where we can really make an impact on the league table. The fans like a collective panic at this season time of the season don't we? Calm the eff down.

As for the game, not sure why it wasn't a penalty at the end of the game, but by that time, the Ref had completely lost the plot - a shame as he had had a largely good game. I'm interested to know how it wasn't a foul on Sinclair but it was on their player at the end...

We did ok today, huffed and puffed but the lack of touch in the box was the difference between the teams. Graham was excellent, so was Whyte (he needs to learn to dive, sadly) and much to panickers consternations, Dickie was good too.

Two big games in the next, so COYY and stop being whiny bitches!

As for their players, what a bunch of pusses. You'd think they had been clattered by the Leeds team from the 70s today for all the time they spent rolling around in abject agony, only to then get up and run around. Not sure how Maddison stayed on the pitch. One word for both... Cheats

And yet Robinson singled Graham out for criticism because he didn’t get crosses into the box early enough.
Grrrr. Ridiculous comment from Robinson. Every time JG looked up in that second half he had nothing to aim at. Most times he'd then skin half their team waiting for brannagan to come forward and give him an option because everyone else running in predictable straight lines. Ffs

I'm interested to see why some fans are losing the plot after today - it wasn't great, but not a reason to blindly panic either. Plenty of time left in the season and games where we can really make an impact on the league table. The fans like a collective panic at this season time of the season don't we? Calm the eff down.

Is it just after today? We've been fed a pile of s**t from the club the whole season, I think fans rightly have a reason to be angry. Today, especially considering the stuff surrounding the Ultras, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't think it's a blind panic. We've been staring relegation in the face all season, and there is very little that's positive coming from the club.

I think one of my most hated of phrases in football is 'there's plenty of time left'. I crease every time Rosie says that on commentary with 20 minutes to go. There is time left, but most of the time has already gone, and if we've not shown that we're good enough to put ourselves in a safe position in the league, when will we do that?

Is it just after today? We've been fed a pile of s**t from the club the whole season, I think fans rightly have a reason to be angry. Today, especially considering the stuff surrounding the Ultras, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't think it's a blind panic. We've been staring relegation in the face all season, and there is very little that's positive coming from the club.

I think one of my most hated of phrases in football is 'there's plenty of time left'. I crease every time Rosie says that on commentary with 20 minutes to go. There is time left, but most of the time has already gone, and if we've not shown that we're good enough to put ourselves in a safe position in the league, when will we do that?

Let’s not forget last season was pretty similar. Fighting relegation with horror performances.

My concern today...dead atmosphere, uninspiring football, and bizarrely some arrogance from the players that they didn’t need to really turn up. We are in relegation battle, we are running out of games, show some aggression (legally) make things happen and do what you can to get fans on side.

If we go down, today was a window in to what we have to look forward to on and off the pitch.

2 seasons of dross, it won’t come harder than Accrington away midweek...the intensity we’ve had against the big teams needs to be replicated for the remainder of the season

Every week its the same old story:

"played well"
"didn't take chances"
"worked hard"
"deserved something"
"ref cost us"

These phrases are the hallmark of a team who aren't good enough.

Its the kind of stuff you see from teams at the bottom of the Hellenic League who haven't got a point all season who are clearly not good enough.

If

As for the game, not sure why it wasn't a penalty at the end of the game, but by that time, the Ref had completely lost the plot - a shame as he had had a largely good game. I'm interested to know how it wasn't a foul on Sinclair but it was on their player at the end...

We did ok today, huffed and puffed but the lack of touch in the box was the difference between the teams. Graham was excellent, so was Whyte (he needs to learn to dive, sadly) and much to panickers consternations, Dickie was good too.

Two big games in the next, so COYY and stop being whiny bitches!

As for their players, what a bunch of pusses. You'd think they had been clattered by the Leeds team from the 70s today for all the time they spent rolling around in abject agony, only to then get up and run around. Not sure how Maddison stayed on the pitch. One word for both... Cheats

If cheating is what’s needed to win away from home, then we need to cheat more. Or is it called gamesmanship or is it called game management?. Whatever it is, I’d like to see us do it better.

Let’s not forget last season was pretty similar. Fighting relegation with horror performances.

My concern today...dead atmosphere, uninspiring football, and bizarrely some arrogance from the players that they didn’t need to really turn up. We are in relegation battle, we are running out of games, show some aggression (legally) make things happen and do what you can to get fans on side.

If we go down, today was a window in to what we have to look forward to on and off the pitch.

2 seasons of dross, it won’t come harder than Accrington away midweek...the intensity we’ve had against the big teams needs to be replicated for the remainder of the season

This ^ There was an (unearned) arrogance on show today that's much more worrying than the result. Got to dig in at accy now.

This ^ There was an (unearned) arrogance on show today that's much more worrying than the result. Got to dig in at accy now.

Really bizarre. Graham was decent, but seemed to want to beat his man 5 times.

An additional worry is KR working on getting the ball wide and crossing. Oh yeah? Who will be getting on the end of these crosses. We should be working on cut backs...we don’t have the forward players for aerial challenges. Crossing is inefficient

If

If cheating is what’s needed to win away from home, then we need to cheat more. Or is it called gamesmanship or is it called game management?. Whatever it is, I’d like to see us do it better.

Peterborough seemed to have learnt...this after their Doncaster defeat. We had the opportunity to do the same against them. Instead we did as we always do and roll over

Back
Top Bottom