Away Match Day Thread 12/09/20 L1 - Lincoln City v OUFC

To be fair it's a mixture of reasoned and well thought out responses to a poor performance but also some out and out doomsday merchants after one loss!
Perhaps somewhat - but I think we could *all* have identified who those panic merchants might be before kickoff today!

Yep, a very bad day.

Maybe it’s a good thing... shock us into a huge reaction after the 1st game.

They say you learn by your mistakes so we should be well educated after today’s horror show.

I‘ll reserve judgement, keep the panic button in the locker and see if we have learned anything after 5 games.

Keep some faith and perspective.

I remember seeing similar as we lost week after week at the beginning of last season!
And that turned out ok in the end didn't it ?
No point in the 'doomed, we are all doomed 'after a defeat at a Appleton inspired Lincoln...going to be a tough place to go for most teams .

Everyone talking about bringing in new players How about using the one's we have. We were crying out for some pace and we had two forwards on the bench that could have provided it. KR waits until the game is as good as lost before he brings one of them on.:devilish:

after today it’s obvious we need pace We have Agyei but thats about it for pace.

Sykes is ok on the right, he just can’t play left wing.

Henry has been out of form on the wing since the playoffs...
When he was playing in his best position, on the right of a front three, he was awesome, then for some bizarre reason, Robbo started playing him on the right of the midfield three, and if I recall correctly, even playing him for one game as the central holding midfielder, and has also played him on the left of a front three in pre season.

It's no coincidence that his form has dropped since being shuffled around in various positions.

Play him in his best position, and he'll play his best football.

Not enough intensity. Tried to play it like a pre season friendly.

We have started slow last couple of years its not the end of the world but lack of pace is a massive issue at any level.

An awful start, undoubtedly. But I do think any team that comes away from Lincoln this season with a point will consider it a job well done.

A few thoughts:
Bit surprised an Appleton team set up like that at home, but perhaps having no fans influenced that, and in fairness it was very effective
Did Wycombe, and a few others before that, provide a blueprint for how to beat us? It seems so and we don't really have an effective answer
There have been too many games where certain players, particularly in midfield, fail to impose themselves onto the game
The need for pace out wide is abundantly clear, as is the need for cover at left back and possibly CB if Nico Jones is to be loaned out and Mous slowly shifting to coaching
The performance wasn't atrocious despite being subpar, however this has largely been the case now since football restarted
A win against Sunderland would go along way to addressing some people's concerns!!

Back
Top Bottom