Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Hull City

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would definitely take a point . We are missing some key players and you tend to need them in the bigger matches however I have every confidence in a good performance and a surprise on the cards COYY

Apart from Gavin Whyte, the Hull team at Peterboro’ had former U’s Daniel Crowley and George Long on the bench

Has to be said, it's a bit scary when Tom Eaves - the guy who scored 20+ League One goals a season for Gillingham just a couple of years ago - can't get a game, and is roughly their sixth best forward (maybe vying with Crowley for the #5 spot)!

It's the classic scenario when we come up against one of these bigger clubs that has just come down from the Championship and is spending like they're still there. We can match them in terms of Best XI vs. Best XI, but their depth is crazy compared to ours.

The feeling is more and more the same for the latest matches. Loss not unexpected. Draw more than acceptable. A win near miraculous.
As I have said before I just hope there are a few miracles floating around right now.

Cam and Obido, it sys are doubtful with knocks so may feature, with Winnall also close.
Henry, Long and who else is still out?

I don’t think I have seen us once do that while KR has been our manager..
The only time I can remember was at Wigan (the year they scored 7 at our place).
Canice Carroll ran miles in that game and we were slightly unfortunate to lose.
Other than that I am.not sure that we have parked the bus under KR.
We will sit back and hope yo catch them.on the break. Our set pieces need to be spot on and we need to be very careful against their wingers.
But you never know

Part of me wants to try Taylor on the right instead of Sykes, just to see how Agyei & Taylor play together for sixty minutes.....plus, Matty's build up play was excellent on Tuesday, just not his finishing.....but I doubt it will hahappen.
Interested in this Tony because I think we often see similar things on the pitch but I could not be more against this.

Taylor does not strike me as a particularly gifted sprinter, crosser or dribbler. He's not a slouch and he carries the ball perfectly well for a #9 but that's very different to asking him to beat a man on the outside.

I don't like the thought of asking him to track back and help out an RB that doesn't have a lot of experience in the position, especially against a team with good wingers.

His best attributes are being in the right place, getting a shot away and finishing well. When he's been out of form, some of those things haven't been going well for him, but that hasn't made his crossing etc any better.

I would tear my hair out if KR learned the Agyei lesson and then shoved Taylor to the wing. When he is in form, he's one of the best strikers in L1 and that is the player we need.

In my opinion, the best way to get that back (besides patience and rotation with Agyei) would be to get more people around him. Have Brannagan (or someone else in his absence) really bombing forwards to join attacks through the middle and give the centre backs a decision to make. Barker is very attacking and can be encouraged to drive right to the byline. Players like Lee, Henry and Sykes can drift back and forth to stop us getting overwhelmed in the midfield when the CM attacks, whilst still offering plenty in their own right.

Interested in this Tony because I think we often see similar things on the pitch but I could not be more against this.

Taylor does not strike me as a particularly gifted sprinter, crosser or dribbler. He's not a slouch and he carries the ball perfectly well for a #9 but that's very different to asking him to beat a man on the outside.

I don't like the thought of asking him to track back and help out an RB that doesn't have a lot of experience in the position, especially against a team with good wingers.

His best attributes are being in the right place, getting a shot away and finishing well. When he's been out of form, some of those things haven't been going well for him, but that hasn't made his crossing etc any better.

I would tear my hair out if KR learned the Agyei lesson and then shoved Taylor to the wing. When he is in form, he's one of the best strikers in L1 and that is the player we need.

In my opinion, the best way to get that back (besides patience and rotation with Agyei) would be to get more people around him. Have Brannagan (or someone else in his absence) really bombing forwards to join attacks through the middle and give the centre backs a decision to make. Barker is very attacking and can be encouraged to drive right to the byline. Players like Lee, Henry and Sykes can drift back and forth to stop us getting overwhelmed in the midfield when the CM attacks, whilst still offering plenty in their own right.
I agree with that.
I know that some suggest that Agyei can only play in the middle and us incapable of playing in other positions. I actually think that Agyei is far better placed to play wide than Taylor is. Matt Taylor is an out and out scorer who does the best of his work in and around the area (sure his hold up play can be good, but his strength is putting the ball in the net)
KR needs to try and get Taylor back scoring and use Agyei's strengths as well. Tomorrow will need whoever plays upfront to hold the ball up, bring the wide men in and if they get chance take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom