Away Match Day Thread 13/03/2021 L1 Hull City v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t actually have a lot of deadwood. Hopefully we can keep most of the team together , send back the loan wingers and get better ones

I dont think this is a case of getting better ones, the problem with Shodipo and Barker is that one joined after the season started
and the other half way through, ideally for us to have a decent start to a season we need these players from pretty much day 1 of the
transfer window being open so they have some time to get used to KR`s style of play, Browne and White took a while to win over
the fans, Shodipo had a very poor start but has improved, trying to bed Barker in and deal with an injury crisis at the same time has
seen performances drop, tbf though i can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, the last few games have seen better performances
and we might be just a rub of the green away from things clicking, got a good feeling about tuesday, if the football gods are smiling
on us a win could set us up very nicely for the run in.

I dont think this is a case of getting better ones, the problem with Shodipo and Barker is that one joined after the season started
and the other half way through, ideally for us to have a decent start to a season we need these players from pretty much day 1 of the
transfer window being open so they have some time to get used to KR`s style of play, Browne and White took a while to win over
the fans, Shodipo had a very poor start but has improved, trying to bed Barker in and deal with an injury crisis at the same time has
seen performances drop, tbf though i can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, the last few games have seen better performances
and we might be just a rub of the green away from things clicking, got a good feeling about tuesday, if the football gods are smiling
on us a win could set us up very nicely for the run in.
Yes, true about the squad not being together in good time for the seasons start, it’s our perennial problem of too much turnover. When fit and in form Henry, Taylor, Brannagan, Lee and Mcguane are as good as any players in this league. If we can get injured players back we still have a chance of a late run, and if not let’s hope we can keep the majority of the squad together.

Here we fucking go.

The U's head coach said: “For 60 minutes we were arguably the better team and we have to take our chances.

Well, the first 30 perhaps, by when we were 1 down.

Nothing about the second half surrender.

No change.

I think we might as well go for it ,change the tactics were not going down . Move Cam forwards the defence are generally brilliant take a few more risks it's to safe if we know what's going to happen it's not difficult for the pros . Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack 😃😃

First half good performance unlucky to be behind. Playing the ball quickly out of the back winning midfield battles Agyei looking threatening every time he got the ball. Second half same old slow build up with predictable result. Lee is obviously a good player but he needs to provide the ammo for the forwards it doesnt happen enough. At least Sykes has the pace and energy and some surprising skills unfortunately only occasionally,we lost a bit when he was taken off. Poor game by Robbo.

You are right defensively we are as good as anyone on our day . Has an attacking midfield and forward line we are a bottom half team hence in the middle and haven't beat a top 6 team . Will that change tuesday and Friday ?
I agree with your analysis. Whether that will change in the next 2 games depends on 2 things. First, the injury situation, second, whether KR is flexible enough to adapt how we play. At present he seems to have no idea how to set up to get the ball in the back of the net.

Now that Mcguane has gone back to his club are we allowed a replacement loan, or do we have to find somebody out of contract?
Has McGuane gone back to his club for treatment or has his loan been ended? If the latter, is that because his injury is such that he's finished for the season? I think losing him at this time will be the difference between mid table and play offs. I hope we can get him back next season once he's fully recovered. Him and a few more like him and we'll walk League 1 next year.

I agree with your analysis. Whether that will change in the next 2 games depends on 2 things. First, the injury situation, second, whether KR is flexible enough to adapt how we play. At present he seems to have no idea how to set up to get the ball in the back of the net.
Bit harsh given we likely had more chances first 20 minutes and indeed looked very much like we would find the back of the net, fine margins and all that

On paper we are not even a top 10 side, the team last year with fosu and baptiste was better then the current one
That has absolutely confused me.
We are in reality and 'on paper,' absolutely a Top 10 side.
The great thing is that we have league tables. That to me proves we are a top 10 side (and each team is pretty much where they deserve to be)

Anyone would think Hull are absolutely s**t and not easily the best squad in this league by miles.

Has McGuane gone back to his club for treatment or has his loan been ended? If the latter, is that because his injury is such that he's finished for the season? I think losing him at this time will be the difference between mid table and play offs. I hope we can get him back next season once he's fully recovered. Him and a few more like him and we'll walk League 1 next year.
McGuane will not feature again this season which is a shame

Having just listened to the KR post match interview on i follow at no stage does he claim we were the better team. He claims we were good for 60 mins ( I would not disagree to be fair, though after 30 I would say quite good) and then says we lost our way and power in the last 30 ( again a fair assessment). Sykes was decent but was injured, hence his withdrawal. Cam observed that he felt Hullwere not that great but caught us on the counter (true) and he felt we have to be more clinical in the last third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom