Away Match Build Up 12/09/20 L1 - Lincoln City v OUFC - Match Build up

I think its a good time to play Lincoln so expect Oxford to get the win.

It'll be interesting to see how we do. I can't say the pre-season games and cup games have given me much of a steer really. We did fine against the smaller teams, held our own against teams higher up (although if either of them had had their shooting boots on it might have been a different story) and then failed to impress much against Wimbledon and the Chelsea kids, creating very few chances in either game. And in the Wimbledon game we had the strongest team KR could pick really, so that's a bit of a concern.
Either the slightly sluggish, non-chance creating team is what will turn up on Saturday, or the fact that it's a 'proper' game will galvanise the players and team into action. Fingers crossed.

It'll be interesting to see how we do. I can't say the pre-season games and cup games have given me much of a steer really. We did fine against the smaller teams, held our own against teams higher up (although if either of them had had their shooting boots on it might have been a different story) and then failed to impress much against Wimbledon and the Chelsea kids, creating very few chances in either game. And in the Wimbledon game we had the strongest team KR could pick really, so that's a bit of a concern.
Either the slightly sluggish, non-chance creating team is what will turn up on Saturday, or the fact that it's a 'proper' game will galvanise the players and team into action. Fingers crossed.

I'd only say we were unbalanced against Wimbledon with no natural left sided attacker so hopefully Joel Cooper will give us that balance assuming he starts.

Notice Gorrin wasn’t mentioned in that.

If true what I was told, he is 100% out tomorrow with Kelly replacing him..

1-2 Taylor and Sykes in a very tough match but we score two late goals ?⚽

Hope Appleton stubs his little toe really hard, on the way into the ground.

3-0 Oxford win with Atkinson, Brannagan and Osei getting the goals.

My starting 11 is as follows:

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly Brannagan
Sykes McGuane Henry
Taylor

Subs: Agyei, Osei, Clare, Forde, Cooper, Asangonyi, Stevens.

Last edited:
Hope Appleton stubs his little toe really hard, on the way into the ground.

3-0 Oxford win with Atkinson, Brannagan and Osei getting the goals.

My starting 11 is as follows:

Eastwood
Long Moore Dickie Ruffels
Kelly Brannagan
Sykes McGuane Henry
Taylor

Subs: Agyei, Osei, Clare, Forde, Cooper, Asangonyi, Stevens.
Dickie?

I’d be going with
Eastwood
Clare Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly
Brannagan McGuane
Sykes Taylor Forde

Henry hasn’t looked sharp in pre season and I wonder if he’s still thinking about his golden chance in the play off final. I’d start Forde simply for his set piece threat. Reading what Lincoln fans are saying they had the exact same problem we had as an Appleton side, defending set pieces. Atkinson is the best centre back we’ve had at the club in terms of set pieces in some time.

0-2
Taylor McGuane

I’d be going with
Eastwood
Clare Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly
Brannagan McGuane
Sykes Taylor Forde

Henry hasn’t looked sharp in pre season and I wonder if he’s still thinking about his golden chance in the play off final. I’d start Forde simply for his set piece threat. Reading what Lincoln fans are saying they had the exact same problem we had as an Appleton side, defending set pieces. Atkinson is the best centre back we’ve had at the club in terms of set pieces in some time.

0-2
Taylor McGuane

Is Cooper injured?

I think Mapp will have got Lincoln in the right frame of mind for this match (after last seasons drubbing), it will be a really tough game for United and I will be extremely happy with a point.

Back
Top Bottom