Away Match Day Thread 13/03/2021 L1 Hull City v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Once more into the breach dear friends. A big test this time against a strong, football playing team. Not going to be easy to get anything today. If Jack and the rest of the defence are up to it a 0-0 draw would make me happy.

In a moment of unbridled optimism Im going for 1-3. I am worried we will miss Cams intensity in midfield, hopefully Hanson can continue his improvement. I would think Karl will start with Dan upfront maybe being fed by Lee. I hope noone will be rushed in only half fit this is not a must win game and wont derail the season as long as we dont pick up any more injuries or suspensions.

Usually optimistic, but the cards are stacked against us. Fear for our wing backs today.
2-0 Hull, sadly.

United’s last win in Kingston upon Hull came on April 4th 1989 when goals from John Durnin
and Robbie Mustoe gave Brian Horton’s U’s a 2-1 win over Eddie Gray’s Tigers at Boothferry Park.

U’s : Hucker - Smart Greenall Briggs J.Phillips - Mustoe Shelton Lewis Hill - Foyle Durnin

Att: 6,260

Efr7eyqXsAU-4DW

Hull were my pick before the season to win the league, and despite a couple of blips along the way I stand by that. Although we got a creditable draw in December, on reflection we were pretty lucky to get anything out of that - after a brilliant opening half hour, no doubt spurred on by an actual real life home crowd, we hung on a bit for a good hour. Hull looked physical, organised and effective, and in Honeyman have maybe the division's player of the year. We are a different proposition this time around, and 12 positions higher up the table, but they're on a superb run of form, winning their last 4 on the bounce, and I suspect will have too much for us.

We're organised and compact enough to not get beaten badly (we haven't lost by more than one goal in the league in nearly four months), but I don't think our forward line is quite back to its best either. A draw would be an excellent result, but there would be no shame in a loss. I'm going to say 2-0 Hull, which we'll take on the chin and move on. COYY

• React
Reactions: MJB
I'm more optimistic. A back to the wall 0-1 with Lee scoring. Fingers crossed. Looking forward to an heroic performance by the back 6 !

Would love to come away with a point but Hull are very strong and don’t forget they have Gavin Whyte on loan and we all know what he can do.
Unfortunately 3 0 defeat

I'm watching us play Hull City in a league match. Last time I did this it was like 2003.

Times are good. Don't mind the impending battering we are about to take.
Made the trip up to that game in 2003, which I think was on this weekend in march if memory serves.
Many hundreds of miles on the UK motorway network for an unspectacular 0-0 draw and halftime entertainment from Ricky Martin...😕

Going to be a tough one today but I think we'll take the game to them. Playing for a 0-0 isn't Robinson's style. Agyei should start today, hopefully Lee can have an impact with 20 mins left. The defence will need to be on top form against the leagues top scorers.

Anything other than a defeat would be a positive today. They’re a very good side on a neat run of form. I think if we had a full quota of players to call upon it could be a closer game.

I'm glad some of you lot are not doing the team talk. It's Hull City, not Man City! They're a League One team, just like us, and not some invincible mega force, where we should meekly turn up to take a beating!

We might win, we might lose, but FFS let's go there with a bit of pride and fire in our bellies. We're Oxford United and we've just beaten the scum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom