Away Match Day Thread 12/09/20 L1 - Lincoln City v OUFC

Of cause not , we were dire but don’t get carried away with pre season form
I don’t I never do, it maybe first game nerves but tbf there a few not at the races today and we have to improve before next Saturday. Unfortunate don’t think Sam Winnall will play next week but o would hope Robbo changes things as today didn’t work.

Let's not start throwing insults at each other ffs

One s**t start to the season doesn't mean we all have to start turning into babies. Yes most people agree Bazzer has over-reacted (also is known to), but we shouldn't descend into this just because you disagree

Am I the only one who has overreacted on today’s performance saying we were crap? ?

If we’re going to stick with this formation the team needs to be more like:

Eastwood
Clare Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly
Brannigan McGuane
Sykes/Agyei Taylor Cooper​

Get some more pace in the side

Poor result, who is going to play in the centre now that Atkinson is suspended?
Nico Jones or Mous for next Saturday?

I don't think Kelly does enough. Not effective in any way defensively and just sort slows the ball down going forward. A lot of 'I'm playing the fulcrum' football going on.

McGuane is going to be really good, no doubt about that. He and Bran just need to work out their shape and have Gorrin sitting behind.

Like the look of Cooper too.

Am I the only one who has overreacted on today’s performance saying we were crap? ?

We were shite, relegation standard. Thankfully its only match day 1 so plenty of time to sort it out.

And this just looked like every game we have played badly in and lost under Robinson- nothing new to worry about!

Lots of bed wetting on here, embarrassing. We go again. COYY!
That's not true, in the majority, and a little rude.

I think identifying that weaknesses we saw in the Wycombe play off final and the Wimbledon games have not been addressed is perfectly fair.

Of course, writing off the season or any player right now would be ridiculous - but there are certainly concerns.

Bazzer you must be bored or something calm down man first game give the boys time.

That's not true, in the majority, and a little rude.

I think identifying that weaknesses we saw in the Wycombe play off final and the Wimbledon games have not been addressed is perfectly fair.

Of course, writing off the season or any player right now would be ridiculous - but there are certainly concerns.
To be fair it's a mixture of reasoned and well thought out responses to a poor performance but also some out and out doomsday merchants after one loss!

I didn't think it was awful. It was the classic poor performance that we throw out every so often. MK Dons away last season springs to mind straight away. The usual factors were the issues - no plan B to deal with a team who setup like that, lack of proper width/pace, little cutting edge. All thrown together with a couple of defensive frailties.
Lincoln had no interest in taking the game to us, much like Doncaster on New Year's Day last season. The plan was to nullify us and take any opportunities that came their way. I'm not convinced Eastwood touched the ball much more than one save, and getting it out of the net twice. Poor from a lot of the back four for the first goal, poor positioning combined with a misplaced pass. The cross for the second goal was only going to one area and we still couldn't defend it.

No reason to panic, the weaknesses we already knew about throughout pre-season highlighted, even more so, with the Ruffels injury and incoming Atkinson suspension.

Back
Top Bottom