Home Match Day Thread 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being told years ago you get out of league one with strong ,powerful players. Our midfield is not that Sykes skillful but not powerful ,Kane small skillful not powerful. Holland a poor season at least we know Browne if we can keep him injury a powerful player. Whyte just hasn't done it. Please don't sign Henry. We need a powerful striker alongside Taylor . Mobile one who would cause problems just to change it. I said the other week how many players could go that should now happen . I like Karl but he's got to produce next year we've always looked slightly on the backdoor. But please next year sort out that defence . We know you work hard Karl but please note power through the team.
those powerful teams always come back down the next season.the way we play should set us up to stay there when we go up.

Last edited:
Probably can’t add anything to the points already made about the game or season perspective.

But…did anyone actually like that dreadful KR cut out thing before the game?

Personally, I thought it was horrendous. It was most bizarre considering the bloke has achieved 0 promotions with OUFC and it was unveiled on a day where we’d already dropped out the play offs.

Who funds those things?

In fact, I thought it looked tin pot.

I was trying to read it while holding it up. Bit odd, certainly.

When people say we missed loads of chances yesterday, apart from the long range shot first half and Brown’s header what other good chances did we have or their keeper having to make saves?
stats wise it says we had 20 shots on goal with 6 on target, thats 40 shots on goal in 2 games and only 2 goals scored.

One point from the last twelve on offer tells us everything, we aren’t good enough to get into the play offs, we could and should have won all three of the last three game but got no points, who gets the blame?
I don’t know who one of the pundits on WATG was yesterday but I’m glad he wasn’t in the car with us while I was spitting nails, he said he was happy being where we are, I don’t go to game happy with a loss or as also rans and nor do the ten blokes I go up there with, his attitude stank , I’m still Fuckin seething this morning.
no one is to blame in the last 3 games, things just happen that in all probability shouldnt have done.

Fwit I thought Oxford were better team apart from our young goalie, who was motm. Second goal was good, mind, but on another day Oxford could easily have won.
i have to say i thought that was the worst Sunderland team ive seen us play in the last few years and we shouldve won the game easily. Cant see you going up unless you had alot of senior players missing.

• React
Reactions: ljs
Like what?
well we shouldve got a point from plymouth maybe 7 or 8 times out of 10, would beat morecambe 9 times out of 10, and beaten sunderland 7 times out of 10 with the performances and stats from those games.
players make mistakes which can lead to goals against or goals being missed but instead of having to put the blame on someone cant we just accept that these things can happen. Trying to get managers sacked and calling our own players s**t after a defeat especially when we shouldve won in most cases does my head in.

well we shouldve got a point from plymouth maybe 7 or 8 times out of 10, would beat morecambe 9 times out of 10, and beaten sunderland 7 times out of 10 with the performances and stats from those games.
players make mistakes which can lead to goals against or goals being missed but instead of having to put the blame on someone cant we just accept that these things can happen. Trying to get managers sacked and calling our own players s**t after a defeat especially when we shouldve won in most cases does my head in.

We coulda, shoulda and woulda. Fact is, we didn’t, did we?

I’ve not called our players s**t, not once and if you look back I’m saying give KR the summer. In fact, I don’t really know what your point is?

I suspect we’ll see each other next season! Which won’t be so bad
I agree, while it's a damn shame we won't be going up and having a crack at the championship next season, there's a lot of big clubs and very good teams in League one, and it's not a bad league to be plying our trade in.

We should all be grateful that we're looking up towards the top end of league one and beyond, and not over our shoulder, worrying about slipping back down to league 2 and beyond!!

Whatever happens over the summer, we're in good shape moving forwards, and I'm already looking forward to next season.

Our time will come...

We coulda, shoulda and woulda. Fact is, we didn’t, did we?

I’ve not called our players s**t, not once and if you look back I’m saying give KR the summer. In fact, I don’t really know what your point is?
you obviously didnt apply to the whole post.

When people say we missed loads of chances yesterday, apart from the long range shot first half and Brown’s header what other good chances did we have or their keeper having to make saves?
The biggest misses were both from them, the open goal McNally cleared off the line early on and the one on one Stevens saved from Brannagan's assist. This has always been the issue with us, at a glance we looked like we controlled the game but they had 4 of the 5 best chances, teams don't have to work very hard to break us down

The biggest misses were both from them, the open goal McNally cleared off the line early on and the one on one Stevens saved from Brannagan's assist. This has always been the issue with us, at a glance we looked like we controlled the game but they had 4 of the 5 best chances, teams don't have to work very hard to break us down
What about the Ciaron Brown header in the second half, or the shot tipped over in the first couple of minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom