Home Match Day Thread 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Today is the big test. Are we good enoungh to go up this year, or invest in quite a few new players for next years challenge?
Sunderland are back in form so we will have to be at our absolute best to get 3 points.
Fingers, toes, and ears crossed that we can do it.

MOTM vote opens at FT: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/09-04-22-oufc-v-sunderland.7802/

COYY

Last edited by a moderator:
The sun is out the stadium will be full (dunno if it will be rocking) depends if people sing 😝 I dunno if I'm confident but I fancy a win today and if we do a message to KR let the players celebrate let's the players have music on were f*****g Oxford United and we do what we want let's stop being a soft touch
COYFY 💛💙⚽⚽⚽

I don't think we're bad enough to lose three on the bounce.... Surely...

I'm going into this one optimistic but with a thinly veiled anger. Only Oxford United could make the playoffs on the two years when fan attendance was restricted, and then f**k it up when fans are allowed back. It's just too Oxford.

Head says 1-1, heart says we'll blow them away.

I don't see a win, personally. Purely for the reason that we will definitely concede. Draw that helps neither of us for me.
Anyway, as the inventor of the contraceptive coil once said, hope springs internal.

COYY!

Sadly we can't keep a clean sheet . We've just got to score more than them hopefully. Lose and I can't see us making the play offs . So it's got to be Win Win Win

Going to one of my grandsons birthday party this afternoon. So will not be on iFollow but wil go to the wc frequently and quickly check the score.

3-2 win it has to be surely, season defining game this one lose and we’re definitely not going in to the playoffs imo, treat it like a final.

I let my frustration and anger out on Tuesday, now I go into this game with 'whatever happens happens'. I love this club and I'm looking forward to the first full house since the Newcastle game. Let's get behind the team today. Promotion or not I'll be back next year with the same optimism. COYY

Head says 2-2….heart says 3-2.

A much overly used term…but it’s a ‘must win’. Draw or Lose and the season is over. Sunderland might be content with a draw as they have the extra game on us. That might help us.

Should be a great atmosphere and no matter what happens, it’s been another very enjoyable season.

Enjoy Brannigan in these last few games. He’ll be gone in the Summer. We have really missed him in the last 2 games.

I don't think we're bad enough to lose three on the bounce.... Surely...

I'm going into this one optimistic but with a thinly veiled anger. Only Oxford United could make the playoffs on the two years when fan attendance was restricted, and then f**k it up when fans are allowed back. It's just too Oxford.

Head says 1-1, heart says we'll blow them away.
Maybe our fans are too loud and scare the players?

REF WATCH

FJI3OhQWUAAkPw8

Lancashire official Ben Toner, 36 is the man in the middle for today’s clash with Sunderland.
Toner was promoted to the EFL in 2014. This season he has refereed 26 matches issuing 74
yellow cards and three reds. Toner’s last appearance at Grenoble Road was last October where the
U’s were defeated 1-2 by Stevenage.

His last Sunderland fixture was the Black Cats 5-0 home victory over Sheffield Weds at the end of December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom