Votes: 39 79.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Burton

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe anyone could have seen Oxford play over the last 5-10 games and would think that Seddon should be starting the next game as a left back.

3-1 win, back to winning ways but another classic goal conceded. Team selection assuming fitness isn't an issue is easy for me:

Stevens
McNally Long Brown
Sykes Brannagan Kane Williams
Whyte
Taylor Baldock

Sykes for me was the big miss against Pompey. The man just has endless energy and tenacity. If he's not fit enough to start I'd go Forde as RWB and keep Williams as LWB rather than bring Seddon back in.

Will be fascinated to see how we start to line up when Browne, Henry and Bodin are all fit as that CAM spot will have utterly ridiculous options. As much as he's one of my favourite OUFC players, I struggle to see how Henry gets back in the side which shows how insane our depth in attack is because Henry is brilliant and walks into most L1 teams.

I don't care what the score is tomorrow as long as we win if all players are fit except Moore id choose the team that beat Charlton just replace Moore with brown

With no more Tuesday night fixtures we can go back to playing our strongest 11 every week bar injuries. What's the latest on Sykes?

3-1 win, back to winning ways but another classic goal conceded. Team selection assuming fitness isn't an issue is easy for me:

Stevens
McNally Long Brown
Sykes Brannagan Kane Williams
Whyte
Taylor Baldock

Sykes for me was the big miss against Pompey. The man just has endless energy and tenacity. If he's not fit enough to start I'd go Forde as RWB and keep Williams as LWB rather than bring Seddon back in.

Will be fascinated to see how we start to line up when Browne, Henry and Bodin are all fit as that CAM spot will have utterly ridiculous options. As much as he's one of my favourite OUFC players, I struggle to see how Henry gets back in the side which shows how insane our depth in attack is because Henry is brilliant and walks into most L1 teams.

I definitely see how Henry gets back in. We’ve just lost, we lost a couple of weeks ago at home too, we’re conceding loads of goals, we scraped past the team propping up the table and we are 35 games in with some players looking a bit jaded. Henry is hardly an untried kid, he‘s probably our most experienced player and one of our most prominent goal scorers in the past 5 years - and a scorer of big goals too.

I definitely see how Henry gets back in. We’ve just lost, we lost a couple of weeks ago at home too, we’re conceding loads of goals, we scraped past the team propping up the table and we are 35 games in with some players looking a bit jaded. Henry is hardly an untried kid, he‘s probably our most experienced player and one of our most prominent goal scorers in the past 5 years - and a scorer of big goals too.
I’m not sure how Henry will stop us conceding goals… I think he could be excellent in the number ten position but the problem is we have quite a few who can play there.

I’m not sure how Henry will stop us conceding goals… I think he could be excellent in the number ten position but the problem is we have quite a few who can play there.

Given that the back aren't responsible for the desperately poor defending as the "wing-backs"and the midfield, and that we haven't a single full-back worth mentioning as a result of the ongoing botched recruitment, plus the unfortunate truth that playing 2 up front and a luxury winger reduces the effectiveness of the midfield enormously (c.f. Po'smuff), I believe we need to continue with 3 at the back and let the defensive coach show us what he's made of. So:

Stevens
Sykes, Brown, Long, MacInally, Williams
Whyte, Brannagan, Kane, McGuane
Baldock

Browne would be emergency sub, and some others, mostly Forde.

Given that the back aren't responsible for the desperately poor defending as the "wing-backs"and the midfield, and that we haven't a single full-back worth mentioning as a result of the ongoing botched recruitment
Woah woah woah you’re not gonna disrespect Sam Long like that?!

Nervous about this one, I'm worried about Burton's midfield completely overrunning ours, we shouldn't tailor our formation to defend against it of course, but would like KR to be wary of a potential bus being parked.

Heart says 3-1
Head saying 2-2

Stevens

Long
Mcnally
Brown
Forde

Williams
Kane
Brannagan
Mcguane
Holland

Baldock

Subs: Eastwood, Seddon, Whyte, Browne, Sykes, Henry, Taylor

Sam Long better than Elliott Moore or Luke McNally as a centre-back? Not sure about that, e.g. Portsmouth's goals on Tuesday.

Given that the back aren't responsible for the desperately poor defending as the "wing-backs"and the midfield, and that we haven't a single full-back worth mentioning as a result of the ongoing botched recruitment, plus the unfortunate truth that playing 2 up front and a luxury winger reduces the effectiveness of the midfield enormously (c.f. Po'smuff), I believe we need to continue with 3 at the back and let the defensive coach show us what he's made of. So:

Stevens
Sykes, Brown, Long, MacInally, Williams
Whyte, Brannagan, Kane, McGuane
Baldock

Browne would be emergency sub, and some others, mostly Forde.
Our biggest miss this season has been a midfield enforcer though a better left back would certainly be desirable. I think all the luxury wingers have come in and been matchwinners at one point or another. McGuane can certainly become a great player but there's a case for saying that he's contributed less than anyone else in the squad this year - even Hanson had a heroic stint in the Covid games.

Stevens
Long, McNally, Browne
Sykes, McGuane, Kane, Brannigan,Williams
Taylor, Baldock

For me if they are all fit.

3-2. I'm not going to predict which way, god knows. Whoever scores first will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom