Home Match Build Up 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Kane , Whyte and Stevens instead of Henry and McGuane or Sykes for me ..

Kane and Whyte haven't done enough in the 2 previous games to warrant a start. A big problem this season is players being picked for the team automatically and knowing they will regardless of their performance.

Kane and Whyte haven't done enough in the 2 previous games to warrant a start. A big problem this season is players being picked for the team automatically and knowing they will regardless of their performance.
I disagree with Whyte , yes he has missed chances but was extremely unfortunate against Plymouth and is a real danger .His assists this season are impressive and we look slow without him around the front line ( Taylor , Bodin , Henry )
Kane is quality but has been a bit below par but could still pull the strings .

Any spare or unwanted adult and child tkt for North Stand I'll gladly take off of anyones hands , not for me and my boy ( season tkts) but a school friend and Dad ...they left it too late as missus wasn't sure then she says yes but tkts gone 🙈

I think Brown is more likely to have a good game at left back than Seddon is…
Seddon was excellent to begin with, but was overused due to some idiotic recruitment in the summer, so ended up burnt out, but he's had a long rest now, and it might be worth throwing him back in, and seeing how he gets on

Can't stand that about Karl where he says a certain player will do a job there due to the fact he isn't good enough to make the team in his natural position. Forde signing a new contract and been sat on the bench for the last 2 games that we've lost is a prime example of why the f**k give him a new contract then. Just sign players for every position that are the best we can get Karl , stop trying to be clever !
That is the classic poor decision making that will be prevalent if kr is allowed to continue next season.

I can remember in the 70s we played Sunderland at the manor and I’m pretty sure we were losing 1-0 at half time. We ended up winning 5-1 in the end with a Hugh Curran hat trick. A similar score Saturday please !!!
Yes, remember it well. David Sloan and Nigel Cassidy got the other goals all in the second half at the Cuckoo Lane end. I think Hughie scored the perfect hat trick.
Sunderland went on to beat Leeds in the FA Cup final later that season!!

GK Stevens, shades Eastwood for me.

RB Long, CB Moore, CB McNally LB Brown, our strongest defence and you have to do something about all the goals we have been conceding.

Midfield 3 of Kane, Brannigan and McGuane, don’t really like Kane in the holding role but we don’t have a lot of options so go with all 3 to try and get a hold of the game, should at least be competitive.

RW Whyte, CF Taylor, LW Sykes up top, again not ideal but that 11in a 4-3-3 is probably our most physical, competitive team for me at the moment.

When you are on a bad run (which we are even if it’s a short one) you need to go back to basics and earn the right to play, have a good shape and not give away silly goals. It will be a tight game but we need a win to keep the season alive, they don’t give a lot of goals away so I reckon we are going to need one of those rare clean sheets ourselves then look to nick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom