Away Match Day Thread 08/02/2022 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge dent in the season this!

I can see us saying "that loss against Accrington Stanley and draw at home to Cheltenham cost us"....?

The only good thing from tonight is other results aren't too bad for us!

In a completely unscientific way I've noticed that when Yellows Forum confidently predicts a win the team often comes unstuck.

I heard that Accrington were going to officially change their name to Accrington 'no mugs' Stanley.

Meh.

Awful awful performance. If we are honest, Accrington could have easily scored a couple more. We looked like a disorganised rabble for much of the game, and (I don't know if conditions were at least partly to blame) seem to have forgotten how to pass the ball. I think all those rather (over) optimistic posts about automatic promotion can just be put quietly to bed now.

Beaten by a big ugly team as we saw with Wigan and Wycombe and Blackpool last season.. We need to wise up.

Felt like when we went to 3 strikers it would either be 2-1 win or a 2-0 loss. Fair play to those who went

Well done Accrington. Feel sorry for those that made the effort to get up there. Let’s hope Sam and Matt can provide the firepower in the next games

Poor defensively and not the personnel to change it to any great degree. So many people were calling for decent defensive cover to brought in and a Defensive Midfielder. Such arrogance from kr, similar to the Mackie situation as an only striker in the past , could cost us more games like this. Too inconsistent, we should be beating teams like Accrington if we aspire to promotion. Poor, poor performance.

Last edited:
bollox .... bad day at the office .... poor performance bar first 15 mins or so , and then after Sykes n Baldock injected some pride n passion

fact is we cant win them all.... batter Bolton Saturday ( though I doubt it'll be 10k there now) and all will be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom