Away Match Day Thread 08/02/2022 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the first twenty minutes of the second half because of meetings.....but from what I saw, we were pretty useless tonight.
Decent up until they scored - an absolute shambles afterwards.

Also, can't help but feel a bit of admiration for Accrington. They're the least cynical side I've seen in bloody ages. They're not completely out of relegation danger but there was zero timewasting from them, very little playacting, and their second goal came from their center half deciding to make a marauding run forward in the 91st minute.

They're like the anti-Wycombe.....and good luck to them for it.

Robbo out tacticced and the lack of physicality cost us yet again. That defence was an utter joke my goodness.

Horrendous performance. We go again .

I think the loss of Gorrin has been underestimated. Kane has lots of good qualities but doesn't protect the defence anywhere near as well.

Cairan Brown. I think Cardiff fans may of been right about him.

Not a fan of him to be honest.

I dont want to keep knocking sam but he should have buried that I know Matty missed as well but.

Can't blame Taylor for a bad game, we'd be nowhere without him this season. It's KR's fault for not having a balanced squad.
It was more people trying to blame Winnall when Taylor has been worse all night (and in a number of recent games too) - your point about oor ridiculously unbalanced squad is bang on though

Wonder what excuse Robbo will come out with
Usual blustering rubbish? Respect blah blah blah, style of play blah blah blah, using the squad blah blah blah.....

I wish he'd just admit he's gambled/wasted too much on the wide and forward areas and as a result we're desperately short in defence and the defensive midfield area!!

Poor performance, they happen. Conditions definitely a leveller, they couldn’t live with us when we got the ball on the ground. Conditions made that impossible to do too often. Also meant Kane was essentially a passenger, not much he could do to control the game when it’s like that.

Sykes changed the game in our favour when he came on and Baldock looked promising. Broad positives to take. Rapidly losing patience with Seddon, though.

You are right, Taylor wasn't very good - but then I am trying to think of anyone who actually was anything better than well below par.
Sykes & Baldock did more in their short shifts than most but yes - Taylor, Brannagan, Kane all went missing - McGuane no influence at all, Holland clearly only works as a super sub and thats before you even mention the defence

We deserved it we need to find a way to win these games we throw away all hard fought victories and points earned on nights like this. We had a chance to cement place in top 6 and messed it up.

On to next game

Luckily Sunderland lost.. lol and Mk got a draw.. Shef wed and Plymouth breathing down our neck now.

I think I will have to go to Sunderland fan youtube and their forum to cheer myself up.

See you Saturday boys

The only good thing from tonight is other results aren't too bad for us!

Sheffield wednesday, Plymouth, Wycombe all gained on us though. They all get a result in their games in hand on us and we're down to 8th. Very poor performance and result tonight and only 3 points against Bolton will do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom