Away Match Day Thread 08/02/2022 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Accrington Stanley 0 Oxford United 1.

Or maybe Accrington Stanley 0 Oxford United 4

Time will tell.

In any case I don't want any silly bar steward to run onto the pitch.

REF WATCH

Eha3GLaWoAE-7Aq

Durham based official Martin Coy will take charge of tonight’s match at the Wham Stadium.
Coy has refereed 20 EFL games during this campaign issuing 42 yellow cards and just one red.
He last took control of an Oxford U game on December 12th 2020 as the U’s drew 0-0 at Blackpool.

Coy refereed the October 2019 2-2 clash between Accrington and Oxford at the Wham where he issued
NINE yellow cards after U’s midfielder Ben Woodburn had his foot broken.

3-1 Ox.

550 yellows in attendance.

Looking forward to it. COYY's!

In a completely unscientific way I've noticed that when Yellows Forum confidently predicts a win the team often comes unstuck.

I heard that Accrington were going to officially change their name to Accrington 'no mugs' Stanley.

Quietly confident for an away win this evening....it wont be easy or pretty ....a narrow 1-2 with a late goal to clinch the 3 points

Last edited:
Will be a really tough game given the about of games recently and another long trip north.

We'll have to use the squad tonight and grind out a win even if it's ugly. Fingers crossed 🤞

Safe journey to all the travelling yellows tonight as I'm set to miss my first match of the season due to a unfortunate double whammy! My dad has fell seriously unwell and is now in the jr and to cap it all and this has probably grounded me for all the right reasons I have picked up a bloody virus (lft negative still) as well.

Atm all I can think about is my dad's rubbish handiwork in making me a box back in the mid to late 60's and painting it with the most awful blue paint for me to stand on in the Osler Road near to where the dug outs were. Mick Brown out!

What a geezer...my dad that is!

COYY'S

I think games against Accrington are the hardest to call, they can cause anyone problems on their day, let's hope tonight isn't one of those.

Stevens

Forde Mcnally Moore Brown
Kane
Mcguane Brannagan
Williams Taylor Sykes​

Accrington 1-2 Oxford (Taylor '63, Holland '89) in front of a nervy 480 Yellows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom