Away Match Day Thread 02/04/2022 L1: Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not usually one for putting games in 'must win' territory, but this one does feel significant, for both sides. Both teams are one game into (post-Ipswich) their brutal end-of-season runs. Having both gone into those games in good form, both dropped points, and a second dropping of points would lead to doubts that that form could be sustained through to the finish. That said, I don't think we need to win - I think a draw away from home is still good for us, whereas for Plymouth, it's one fewer home game to pick up three points going into their tough final 5 games.

A bit of added spice today in that all eyes will be on our fixture, given the games of our promotion rivals. Ipswich, MK, Sheff Wed, Sunderland and Wycombe all at home to sides in the bottom half, with most of those in the relegation spaces. Any dropped points from any of them is a massive bonus.

Like Mighty Aldo above, I've got a bad feeling about today. Can see a frustrating one goal defeat. We're never quite as good after a week off, we thrive on routine and consistency. Would be very happy with a draw, and a win would make me convinced for the first time that we'll end up in playoffs. Gutted I can't be there. COYY
I think if we lose today we have to win Tuesday plus win the Fleetwood and Doncaster games which means we have to not lose against Sunderland MK and Rotherham
So all is not lost if we lose today but it does mean three wins and three draws from the remaining fixtures

Big one today. Come home with points of any colour and I’ll be thrilled.

If we’re serious about promotion we have to prove we’re capable of beating the top sides. Doing that in the regular season can only help our chances when we get them in the playoffs (which aren’t set in stone yet).

Last edited:
Someone on the buildup thread said we have a player out injured. Does anyone know who it is?

Huge ganewhich will be extremely difficult for us. We'll need to be at our very best and hopefully our performance will be nothing like it was against Ipswich. A win would be sensational but I'd take a point.

I have a lot of respect for Plymouth as a club and a set of fans. Out of all the clubs up around us, they’re the one I’d root for after us in getting promoted via play offs

Very busy at Home Park. Home fans arriving early. Weather is overcast but no rain.
Going to be a big day!!

I think if we lose today we have to win Tuesday plus win the Fleetwood and Doncaster games which means we have to not lose against Sunderland MK and Rotherham
So all is not lost if we lose today but it does mean three wins and three draws from the remaining fixtures
Let's just win them all, then we needn't worry!

Last edited:
Great night out with a few yellows in Exeter, return leg tonight. Car Park looks full.
Must win game/could win game depending on which Oxford turns up.

Know exactly how Plymouth will play. Do us on the counter, run the channels and wait for us to overcommit. Exciting afternoon ahead!

Will take a point today. Had a look at the remaining fixtures, us, Plymouth and Sunderland all have to play each other, almost like a mini play off tournament. I think whoever finishes top two in that tournament reaches the play offs, although if Wycombe do well in their remaining games maybe only the top placed side will make it. Huge game today.

Incorrect date on the Matchday Programme!

FPVXpp1WQAg7rH_

Got a good feeling about today 0.3, unfortunately I’m painting the kitchen ceiling so won’t be there to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom