Away Match Day Thread 02/04/2022 L1: Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited. It starts an hour earlier for me now 10 pm) which improves the vibe in my living room.

Anyone driving down be aware the M4 is closed westbound junction 15-16. Swindon East and west

A win would be fantastic, Plymouth deserve respect but we shouldn't fear them. Hoping that the week off means we're at it from minute one and not completely out of rhythm.

COYY

REF WATCH

EVuvRpNXYAEQni_

Staffordshire official Ollie Yates is the man in the middle for today’s huge clash at Home Park, Plymouth.
Yates was promoted to the official list in the summer of 2016. This season in 24 matches he has shown 80 yellow cards
and dismissed four players. He last took charge of the U’s last November in a 3-1 home win over Fleetwood Town.

Yates was branded ‘ horrendus ‘ in March 2019 by Karl Robinson after a 0-1 defeat at Gilingham.

Cmonnnn Oxford, sneaky 0-1, Taylor late on would do me nicely

A nice away win would be superb. Need something after a covid ravaged week feeling sorry for myself!

Lovely sunny day in Exeter.....feeling optomistic for an away win ....though I will have to behave when sat with green army acquaintances

Really tough game
Would be delighted with sneaky win or even a draw
However I feel we are not strong enough defensively against teams like Plymouth so going for 2-1 defeat

Itll be a tight game ....fancy a 1-2 win nicking the winner late on

I'm not usually one for putting games in 'must win' territory, but this one does feel significant, for both sides. Both teams are one game into (post-Ipswich) their brutal end-of-season runs. Having both gone into those games in good form, both dropped points, and a second dropping of points would lead to doubts that that form could be sustained through to the finish. That said, I don't think we need to win - I think a draw away from home is still good for us, whereas for Plymouth, it's one fewer home game to pick up three points going into their tough final 5 games.

A bit of added spice today in that all eyes will be on our fixture, given the games of our promotion rivals. Ipswich, MK, Sheff Wed, Sunderland and Wycombe all at home to sides in the bottom half, with most of those in the relegation spaces. Any dropped points from any of them is a massive bonus.

Like Mighty Aldo above, I've got a bad feeling about today. Can see a frustrating one goal defeat. We're never quite as good after a week off, we thrive on routine and consistency. Would be very happy with a draw, and a win would make me convinced for the first time that we'll end up in playoffs. Gutted I can't be there. COYY

This next month is going to be scary it's going to be fun come April the 30th whatever happens it's been a very enjoyable season I'm quite nervous about today it feels like a massive game but the reality is it's only 3 points and the season won't be decided on today result
COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom