What will this week bring

That surely is the £10m they set aside when they first brought the club. So it’s basically a debt to him self no longer held by Oufc surely
Correct, Dave.

And from my understanding ur classing that as what Darryl has taken “SS” since sartori. So players he cashed in on this summer. In which case are u not including some of it twice, as the not all the £4m was paid up front in the summer, and a large chunk of it is what’s also included in the £4.2 hard debt

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Correct, something like that.

Of course, he had spent about 8 or 9 million in total (including purchase price) so it is not as if he made off big time. Once he realised that the Championship was a non-starter he wanted all his money back (which Sartori/Donald would have given him) but then he heard of a way in which he could make a couple of million. Hallelujah! It is not often you get an uplift out of a business plan that has had to be abandoned.
The problem was - and is - that the only person who would stump up 7 million when other League 1 clubs with their own stadium are going for 5 is someone maybe less engaged with reality than is ideal. So here we are. The club is in hard debt to another former owner. And has someone without the wherewithal to sort out our stadium mess. And is in another mess at Oxford City (albeit a smaller one).
Sadly, we are in a place where we desperately need one of Myles' money launderers to take an interest!
You paint a bleak picture Charlie and so far, unfortunately, Tiger is neither saying nor showing any evidence to the contrary. He had the perfect opportunity to show a dynamic and exciting new era was dawning, by hitting the ground running, grabbing his opening press conference by the balls and getting the fan base excited with firm evidence that there was a coherent process behind his plans and strategies going forward. Also appoint a good experienced manager that would have provided further proof that he is able to persuade good people to trust his project. So far he’s failed miserably..

Tiger is behaving like a man who doesn’t believe he has to be held to account by anyone

Not surprising is it really?

Perhaps he’d had a warning shot across his bows early doors then he’d have realised this is a fan base that deserves respect

That’s the point of a supported trust

We believe we will be able to announce an appointment next week and therefore think it right to let Derek Fazackerley and the players know this, so they can prepare for a big game against Peterborough on Saturday with no distractions.

So at least another week and Faz in charge for Saturdays game. The new manager will have that « WOW » factor and subject to the right contract « he wants to manage Oxford United » we all wait with bated breath to see who the successful candidate is.

As we now know nothing will happen this week, can we close this thread? One less place to read the same old points made over and over again.

As we now know nothing will happen this week, can we close this thread? One less place to read the same old points made over and over again.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

This thread will be closed down in 48 hours

Really.

Well it brought more of the plan, and some of the exact things people on here have been saying the club should be doing, re marketing and interacting with fans.

Very nice move forward, guess the M.D. was working on the things raised at the meeting after all @Sarge [emoji6]

Look forward to seeing what the deals are, particularly the ox4life package

Really, what’s been said?

And from my understanding ur classing that as what Darryl has taken “SS” since sartori. So players he cashed in on this summer. In which case are u not including some of it twice, as the not all the £4m was paid up front in the summer, and a large chunk of it is what’s also included in the £4.2 hard debt
Yes? No ? Maybe ?

Yes, I think that you are mostly right there. A couple of things:

1. The criticism of OxVox could be halted by two things. Either a measured explanation of why they have acted as they have which bears up to scrutiny. There could be a reason why they decided to work alongside DE in helping the takeover happen away from public scrutiny. Or, they get on with actually providing that independent public scrutiny now. Because if they do the latter then former failings can be put to one side as not relevant for now. But the body language suggests that they do not actually think that the way they went about things was mis-judged and that therefore that is the way that things will continue to be going forward.
2. Of course I am more critical of DE than OxVox!! If ever someone who set themselves up as a hero was hiding the clay feet.... it was him. It was the simultaneous need to both make money and receive unqualified adulation that caused the problem. He clearly decided, once he couldn't get easy assurances on the stadium last Christmas, that he wanted out. Fair enough. From that moment on, though, his best interests diverged from OUFC's best interests. That is not a point against him; that is just reality. So, given that reality, to give him cover while he went about getting his £11 million out was unwise, in my view, let alone colluding in the requirement for public adulation.
In a nutshell, firstly IL then DE pissed on your chips, you are still smarting and you are trying to get some credibility back, constant attacks on DE but you have to be careful of IL!!

Exactly how and when did either predict the current crisis?

Linked evidence please.

It must really grind with you that Charlie and Myles posts are slowly beginning to come true. You may not like what they say, however the current crisis at the club was predicted by both of them and they should be given some credit in what they post.

T'ai Chi, you may have missed my request for evidence on your claim. I present it again.

I wouldn't want you to come across as one who makes up facts to suit their agenda.

Everything will be revealed within 48 hours. I have no doubts about that.

Bring it on!

?

One day you're going to reveal which 48 hours you're talking about?

Maybe...but remember

48 ชั่วโมงเป็นเพียงสถานะของจิตใจ

?

Back
Top Bottom