What will this week bring

And some more shite responses like this from fans who’ve had their heads deeply buried in the sand or worse for 12-18months.

Ooooh. Sarcy one, aren’t ya?

Go back and read my response on page 1. I was predicting how this thread would play out. If I may allow myself a Charlie style moment of smugness, it’s done it almost to the letter.

If Charlie, Myles et al have all these questions that OxVox won’t ask, why don’t they ask them of Tiger? Contact the club directly, contact the OM and RadOx and force the questions to be asked.

Or is posting on a forum so months later they can say ‘I told you so’ their style?

Proactive or reactive, guys? What’s it to be?

Ooooh. Sarcy one, aren’t ya?

Go back and read my response on page 1. I was predicting how this thread would play out. If I may allow myself a Charlie style moment of smugness, it’s done it almost to the letter.

If Charlie, Myles et al have all these questions that OxVox won’t ask, why don’t they ask them of Tiger? Contact the club directly, contact the OM and RadOx and force the questions to be asked.

Or is posting on a forum so months later they can say ‘I told you so’ their style?

Proactive or reactive, guys? What’s it to be?
Wasn’t having a go at you, was just agreeing with you.

I haven’t said u charlie, in the first post I said people, u assumed I included u! U have openly said that u are willing to give tiger time to prove himself, and I have said I never expect u to say anything good about Darryl.
I fully understand the questions need asking several are question I have asked myself, even before Myles ie the oxcity link and the training ground. I’m a very questioning person u know. As I’ve said before I think now is a time we need to all pull together, to question politely but ultimately support the current owner until he gives us reason not to. I don’t think the constant criticism of Oxvox helps in that at all. (Not by u). Although u may have mentioned several times their willingness to upset Darryl on the matter and be shut out. I accept that even that is probably move of a criticism of how u see Darryl than Oxvox

Yes, I think that you are mostly right there. A couple of things:

1. The criticism of OxVox could be halted by two things. Either a measured explanation of why they have acted as they have which bears up to scrutiny. There could be a reason why they decided to work alongside DE in helping the takeover happen away from public scrutiny. Or, they get on with actually providing that independent public scrutiny now. Because if they do the latter then former failings can be put to one side as not relevant for now. But the body language suggests that they do not actually think that the way they went about things was mis-judged and that therefore that is the way that things will continue to be going forward.
2. Of course I am more critical of DE than OxVox!! If ever someone who set themselves up as a hero was hiding the clay feet.... it was him. It was the simultaneous need to both make money and receive unqualified adulation that caused the problem. He clearly decided, once he couldn't get easy assurances on the stadium last Christmas, that he wanted out. Fair enough. From that moment on, though, his best interests diverged from OUFC's best interests. That is not a point against him; that is just reality. So, given that reality, to give him cover while he went about getting his £11 million out was unwise, in my view, let alone colluding in the requirement for public adulation.

I haven’t said u charlie, in the first post I said people, u assumed I included u! U have openly said that u are willing to give tiger time to prove himself, and I have said I never expect u to say anything good about Darryl.
I fully understand the questions need asking several are question I have asked myself, even before Myles ie the oxcity link and the training ground. I’m a very questioning person u know. As I’ve said before I think now is a time we need to all pull together, to question politely but ultimately support the current owner until he gives us reason not to. I don’t think the constant criticism of Oxvox helps in that at all. (Not by u). Although u may have mentioned several times their willingness to upset Darryl on the matter and be shut out. I accept that even that is probably move of a criticism of how u see Darryl than Oxvox

Yes, I think that you are mostly right there. A couple of things:

1. The criticism of OxVox could be halted by two things. Either a measured explanation of why they have acted as they have which bears up to scrutiny. There could be a reason why they decided to work alongside DE in helping the takeover happen away from public scrutiny. Or, they get on with actually providing that independent public scrutiny now. Because if they do the latter then former failings can be put to one side as not relevant for now. But the body language suggests that they do not actually think that the way they went about things was mis-judged and that therefore that is the way that things will continue to be going forward.
2. Of course I am more critical of DE than OxVox!! If ever someone who set themselves up as a hero was hiding the clay feet.... it was him. It was the simultaneous need to both make money and receive unqualified adulation that caused the problem. He clearly decided, once he couldn't get easy assurances on the stadium last Christmas, that he wanted out. Fair enough. From that moment on, though, his best interests diverged from OUFC's best interests. That is not a point against him; that is just reality. So, given that reality, to give him cover while he went about getting his £11 million out was unwise, in my view, let alone colluding in the requirement for public adulation.

How are we at £11m again ?
Sold club to tiger - £2.5? Was it
£4.2 future hard debt to come.
£4 m from player sales ? Is that right ?

Just three names in the hat now. The process will move ahead a full speed once the blindfold is found.

3 names in the hat but the hat will probably get lost and we will spend a month looking for it. I am starting to wonder if we will ever get a manager again, there are a few things in life that take seven plus weeks to do but appointing a league one football club manager isn’t one of them, absolute joke.

Maybe Tiger is conducting the process in a ‘The Voice’ style format to go out weekly on some obscure TV channel after TOWIE. We’re now down to last three, when I gets to the last two they have to live for a week in a house where nothing is private, and ice-skate while forcing down kangaroo nads in the grand final. Can’t wait until it’s aired..

3 names in the hat but the hat will probably get lost and we will spend a month looking for it. I am starting to wonder if we will ever get a manager again, there are a few things in life that take seven plus weeks to do but appointing a league one football club manager isn’t one of them, absolute joke.
Who are the three candidates? I thought everyone had ruled themselves out.

As the 'OP' I was just wondering if anyone thought we'd get any news this week, didn’t expect this shitstorm

I am getting very nervous. I have a friend of a friend on the board (I'm not saying who) and let's just say he hasn't been all that impressed with Tiger's rigour to date. Nor has he been given any kind of plan. But even with this in mind I remain hopeful. Possibly out of habit more than anything else. But we have to stick together. And back the team.

I am getting very nervous. I have a friend of a friend on the board (I'm not saying who) and let's just say he hasn't been all that impressed with Tiger's rigour to date. Nor has he been given any kind of plan. But even with this in mind I remain hopeful. Possibly out of habit more than anything else. But we have to stick together. And back the team.
As the board now consists of Tiger, Darryl, and David Jones, it’s a small pool to choose from....

Any answer charlie ?
One thing that is still around is an unsatisfied charge held by Alycidon over Ensco 1070 for £10 million. Effectively means that DE owes himself that money but as it is held by two separate companies, one of which being the company which "owned" OUFC, that remains a debt.

Any answer charlie ?
One thing that is still around is an unsatisfied charge held by Alycidon over Ensco 1070 for £10 million. Effectively means that DE owes himself that money but as it is held by two separate companies, one of which being the company which "owned" OUFC, that remains a debt.

That surely is the £10m they set aside when they first brought the club. So it’s basically a debt to him self no longer held by Oufc surely

Any answer charlie ?

Yes. Correct, something like that.

Of course, he had spent about 8 or 9 million in total (including purchase price) so it is not as if he made off big time. Once he realised that the Championship was a non-starter he wanted all his money back (which Sartori/Donald would have given him) but then he heard of a way in which he could make a couple of million. Hallelujah! It is not often you get an uplift out of a business plan that has had to be abandoned.
The problem was - and is - that the only person who would stump up 7 million when other League 1 clubs with their own stadium are going for 5 is someone maybe less engaged with reality than is ideal. So here we are. The club is in hard debt to another former owner. And has someone without the wherewithal to sort out our stadium mess. And is in another mess at Oxford City (albeit a smaller one).
Sadly, we are in a place where we desperately need one of Myles' money launderers to take an interest!

Back
Top Bottom