What will this week bring

How much are we talking about?? Maybe the buckets need to be dusted off ready for tomorrow’s game :)

I can't believe that OxVox let it get this far.

What are we paying them for again?

How much are we talking about?? Maybe the buckets need to be dusted off ready for tomorrow’s game :)

There will already be buckets there tomorrow supporting a very worthy cause.

As for the rest.. wow. This season and the regression of our club has been terrible beyond words. Embarrassing to say the least.

Interested to hear the clubs response. Hopefully it’s sorted ASAP.

orient and Swindon have been threatened to be wound up more times than a trevor bayliss radio . Can u avoid the hearing if u just pay what u owe with a fine ?

Wow. I am truly in awe at this spin. It is all ok because orient did it.

Just wow.

orient and Swindon have been threatened to be wound up more times than a trevor bayliss radio . Can u avoid the hearing if u just pay what u owe with a fine ?

Wow. I am truly in awe at this spin. It is all ok because orient did it.

Just wow.

Grow up . Where’s the spin ? Where have I said it’s ok ? Or did I make a little joke and then follow it up with a serious question?

Here is some spin, seeing ur so keen on truth.

Why won’t u answer the question on ur £11m figures ?

Why did u leave the community trust ?

I’ll be truly in awe of some honest answers

If you pay the bill plus costs it's sorted.
In other words, it costs the club more than if they'd just paid the bill in the first place.

And this sort of thing doesn't happen over night. HMRC aren't going to rush to issue a winding-up order without a fair amount of chasing beforehand. I wonder if there are any other unpaid or late bills waiting to emerge?

As a serious question, does anyone know how the mortgage/charge on the player sales bank account would affect this?

So say OUFC owe HMRC £500K, and £1M comes into this separate bank account? Would HMRC be able to claim it on a winding up (last resort) or would it still belong to Ensco (up to the agreed amounts)?

An excellent question which I would also be interested to hear peoples thoughts on.

So, can we assume that (given the likely cost of doing so) firing Pep was entirely down to appeasing the fans?

I can't believe that OxVox let it get this far.

What are we paying them for again?

I didn't realise they were looking after the clubs finances, possibly even acting as the clubs accountant(s). Now you have raised this I too demand to know what we are paying for?!

In other words, it costs the club more than if they'd just paid the bill in the first place.

And this sort of thing doesn't happen over night. HMRC aren't going to rush to issue a winding-up order without a fair amount of chasing beforehand. I wonder if there are any other unpaid or late bills waiting to emerge?

Iirc, HMRC don't muck around with football clubs who are late paying after being burnt in the past and with clubs like Southend using it as an overdraft facility. Again iirc, they pretty much go straight to the nuclear option of the Courts.

There's a typo in it which means it's probably a fake from the same African Prince who emails me weekly asking me to lend him some cash so he can buy the Kingdom of Zamunda. I've never seen HMRC call themselves revenue (small 'r') and Customs.

This just does not happen at a well run business which is properly funded! Despite the fines and negative PR this generates, somebody actively decided that delaying HMRC payments was the best option available.

I speak as a Finance professional who actively chose delaying payments to HMRC to ensure staff were paid on time at a previous employer (which eventually went under). Now, it could simply a question of timing, perhaps we are waiting for an injection of cash from Tigger. I am not suggesting the club will be filing for bankruptcy anytime soon.

But make no mistake, this is another big red flag.

This just does not happen at a well run business which is properly funded! Despite the fines and negative PR this generates, somebody actively decided that delaying HMRC payments was the best option available.

I speak as a Finance professional who actively chose delaying payments to HMRC to ensure staff were paid on time at a previous employer (which eventually went under). Now, it could simply a question of timing, perhaps we are waiting for an injection of cash from Tigger. I am not suggesting the club will be filing for bankruptcy anytime soon.

But make no mistake, this is another big red flag.

Thank heavens. A sane, intelligent poster who has some grip on reality. We are not clear what the red flag is for yet (as you summarise above), but to claim that it is anything other than deeply wrong is to claim that black is white and vice versa.

Probably hear nothing, Faz will be in charge on Saturday and yet another defeat will happen......... :(

This was my post on Monday... hope we can win tomorrow to prove myself wrong about that bit...........

Back
Top Bottom