EPL VAR

VAR

• Keep It

• Remove It

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
The VAR also falls down in cup games. A championship side playing a premier side doesn’t have it, but in the replay the premier side has it.
Why is the premier league so special?

I'd assume because the PL side has the infrastructure needed already in place but could be wrong.

The VAR also falls down in cup games. A championship side playing a premier side doesn’t have it, but in the replay the premier side has it.
Why is the premier league so special?
I hear this a lot, as if it is unfair on one team or the other. It isn't. VAR decisions can go for or against you in one game, in the other Referee decisions can go for or against you in the other. It is the same for both sides in both games.

The problem is with all the new rules and what can and can’t be done tbh is a load of bollox. Until there referees all start to be consistent with the rules then please let’s not keep adding a changing the rules.
What happened to the 10 yard rule at free kicks when the opposition stop you taking a quick free kick
What happened to the only player aloud to speak to the ref was the captain and offending player.
Why do some book for kicking the ball away albeit 5 yards or 20 yards and others don’t.
What about the blatant time wasting not being dealt with.
So many rules not adhered to, so don’t keep adding rules until you sort out the current rules.
If you gob off at the ref or lino yellow card no ifs or buts and if you are already on a yellow it’s a red!

5 minutes to give the coventry goal just now.

It's lucky we have Des because I couldn't pay to watch football in the PL. VAR killed it stone dead.

It is a level playing field - it’s the same for the two teams in every match played in the cup.
Not sure what you mean.

It's not a level playing field in a few ways.

1) Wolves are used to playing with VAR, Coventry are not.
2) There are some games in certain rounds with VAR and some without, crazy if you ask me.

Not sure what you mean.

It's not a level playing field in a few ways.

1) Wolves are used to playing with VAR, Coventry are not.
2) There are some games in certain rounds with VAR and some without, crazy if you ask me.
It's a level playing field because both teams have VAR, or don't. It isn't like VAR was only used for Wolves and not for Coventry.

And 'used to playing with VAR?' it makes no difference.

It's a level playing field because both teams have VAR, or don't. It isn't like VAR was only used for Wolves and not for Coventry.

And 'used to playing with VAR?' it makes no difference.
I disagree with you on the second point. Both managers and players have said they play differently as they've got used to VAR.

You mean they try to cheat differently? Tough.
It’s a bit like when we played Newcastle the VAR at their place helped us a couple of times, whereas the replay at ours no VAR and I would hate to think it’ll a decision which wasn’t ours went our way and we won, I can imagine what Steve Bruce might have said Cindy he was moaning that his players hadn’t had a winter brake.

It’s a bit like when we played Newcastle the VAR at their place helped us a couple of times, whereas the replay at ours no VAR and I would hate to think it’ll a decision which wasn’t ours went our way and we won, I can imagine what Steve Bruce might have said Cindy he was moaning that his players hadn’t had a winter brake.
Yeah but it was the same for both teams, in both games.

Two initial refereeing errors/oversights corrected by VAR tonight meant a 2:0 Newcastle victory correctly ended up a 1:1 draw. That's got to be good for football. But as per, it's down to the experience, understanding and knowledge of the humans assessing the video evidence, so train them better and simplify the rules, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Two initial refereeing errors/oversights corrected by VAR tonight meant a 2:0 Newcastle victory correctly ended up a 1:1 draw. That's got to be good for football. But as per, it's down to the experience, understanding and knowledge of the humans assessing the video evidence, so train them better and simplify the rules, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
And it has to be done quickly and transparently, which is where the system (in the UK at least) falls down for me. Even if the decision is correct, if it isn't clear or sold properly then you've already lost, and if people are falling asleep waiting then you kill the atmosphere.

And it has to be done quickly and transparently, which is where the system (in the UK at least) falls down for me. Even if the decision is correct, if it isn't clear or sold properly then you've already lost, and if people are falling asleep waiting then you kill the atmosphere.
Odd. I thought the slight delay actually upped the tension. Definitely the most exciting parts of the game.

Back
Top Bottom