TV Games(Portsmouth A) (Scunthorpe H)

Deep joy, more plans fecked. Don`t "they" think people need to organise their lives?

Pompey at Fratton will be a great day. Selfish I know but makes no difference to us what day of the week or time of day.plenty of time for a few pre match drinks. Can't wait bring it on

T.V. and the football masters really could not give a toss about the fans, but football sold its soul to T.V years ago and due to the obscene levels of spending which is now so out of control in the PL the need for Sky cash is not just desired it is vital. This spending has always affected smaller clubs in so many ways and this is just another way it does so. Only an hour or so from Portsmouth so does not affect me asmuch as some of you.

Given the 'religious ' connotations of Good Friday etc what time do the pubs open , if at all, before the now stupid kick off time for the televised Scunthorpe game?

Most hate what Sky has done to football but want us to spend far beyond what our gates could ever generate. We wouldnt have got anything like the money we did for Roofe, O'Dowda and Johnston had it not been for Sky pumping silly money in to the Championship. The PL is worlds apart from that again.

We all know the club has minimal income on matchdays,other than gate monies.
Soooooooo day/date and time changes apart,what’s the problem-OUFC will no doubt get additional monies, or is that not approved of either !

Soooooooo day/date and time changes apart,what’s the problem-OUFC will no doubt get additional monies, or is that not approved of either !
Where does extra money come from if i may ask?

Pompey at Fratton will be a great day. Selfish I know but makes no difference to us what day of the week or time of day.plenty of time for a few pre match drinks. Can't wait bring it on

Pompeyyellows to (a) start the match thread and (b) provide detailed transportation and drinking information.

Thanks In advance.

It's not because of the rumoured Lampard appointment, so why are Sky suddenly taking an interest?

Last edited:
It's not because of the rumoured Lampard appointment, so are why Sky suddenly taking an interest?

they are meant to show each team at some point? in this case it's 2 teams (our opponents) who are pushing for promotion so perhaps understandable from that view point?

Start
Pompeyyellows to (a) start the match thread and (b) provide detailed transportation and drinking information.

Thanks In advance.
start a matchday thread don't know drinking best place would be good companion pub. Always full of oxford on match days

As I understand it we do not get any extra money as the fee is shared out between all the EFL clubs. Therefore we will probably lose money on the gate.

Portsmouth Oxford because the two clubs arguably have the biggest followings in the league.

Oxford Scunthorpe they can build it up as some sort of fight for the play offs.

It's not because of the rumoured Lampard appointment, so why are Sky suddenly taking an interest?

Maybe not Frank.. but we do have a sky employee on the board. He’ll know as well as anyone if things are about to get more interesting down Grenoble Road...

I don’t see the argument about sky money being relevant, We would never have got the money for Roofe before sky, let’s face it, back in the day he would have been worth 250k, everyone thought the Trevor Francis move was unbelieable, how much would he be worth today, prices go up but not like football prices, so like for like it’s on a different scale.
Southampton have just spent 19 million on a player, fuckin mental, never even heard of him, harry Kane is allegedly worth over 100 million, footballs gone mad.

Portsmouth Oxford because the two clubs arguably have the biggest followings in the league.

Oxford Scunthorpe they can build it up as some sort of fight for the play offs.

"Portsmouth Oxford because the two clubs arguably have the biggest followings in the league"

Certainly is arguable,as Oxford are the 11th best supported team in the league !

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances

Back
Top Bottom