Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s as much chance of us signing him next season as there is Dwight Tiendalli breaking the 100 metre sprint record at this years olympics.
I’d like to hear why you think we have a chance though…would be fascinating!

Agree.

Anyone who thinks there’s a cat in hells chance of us resigning Lundstram, whether we are in L1 or the Championship, does not understand football. Lundstram has moved on and is now a footballer on at least £20,000 a week and is sought after by PL clubs. I’d say there is a very slim chance he might ply his trade in the championship next season if, for whatever reason, a PL move doesn’t materialise in time but even if he did his destination would be top end championship. Even if we had made it this year then there is still no way Lundstram would have joined a club with a likely £5,000 a week salary ceiling.

We are nothing more than a distant memory for Lundstram.

Agree.

Anyone who thinks there’s a cat in hells chance of us resigning Lundstram, whether we are in L1 or the Championship, does not understand football. Lundstram has moved on and is now a footballer on at least £20,000 a week and is sought after by PL clubs. I’d say there is a very slim chance he might ply his trade in the championship next season if, for whatever reason, a PL move doesn’t materialise in time but even if he did his destination would be top end championship. Even if we had made it this year then there is still no way Lundstram would have joined a club with a likely £5,000 a week salary ceiling.

I dunno, and Darren Purse went on from us to play in the Premier League, and we managed to re-sign him!

Agree.

No, we must re-sign ALL the players we've sold!

But is that to say you wouldn't want Lundstram IF we could get him (I accept we absolutely couldn't) just because he's an ex player?
What would you say IF I said that I didn't? It's more of a comment on this forum's continuing and increasing obsession with signing former players, no matter whether they're realistic signings or not, rather than a judgement on a player who's not going to return any time soon.

What would you say IF I said that I didn't? It's more of a comment on this forum's continuing and increasing obsession with signing former players, no matter whether they're realistic signings or not, rather than a judgement on a player who's not going to return any time soon.
I’d say that you’re insane!

Not everything!! But in a position where he’s given a lot of inside knowledge of what’s going on. Whether it’s transfer news players coming and going. And has solid contacts within the club about progress off the pitch.

I think @Scotchegg would acknowledge that.
Anyone care to mention a totally random, previously unmentioned name, that he has said the club will sign and we have then gone on to sign that said player. That’s what’s called inside info’, not regurgitating the same old names from other sources that on the law of averages will come to fruition once in a while.

Anyone care to mention a totally random, previously unmentioned name, that he has said the club will sign and we have then gone on to sign that said player. That’s what’s called inside info’, not regurgitating the same old names from other sources that on the law of averages will come to fruition once in a while.
As above, settle down!

I will hold my hands up. I had Sam Winnall last summer, I’ve had Will Hoskins, and John Meades, and also had Liam Sercombe from Exeter. My strike rate isn’t great, but it’s better than average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom