Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming everyone is fit then this is what I have down for the squad, with cover in brackets.

GK: Stevens (Eastwood)

LB: Sedden (Elechi, Thorniley)
CB: Moore, Thorniley (McNally, Mousinho, Nosakhare)
RB: Long (Forde, Hanson)

DM: Gorrin, Brannagan (Hanson, Johnson)
CM: McGuane, Brannagan, Henry, Sykes (Forde, Hanson, Chambers-Parillon, Goodrham)

LW: Holland, Bodin, Cooper (Osei-Yaw)
RW: Whyte, Williams, Agyei
CF: Taylor, Winnall (Agyei, Whyte, Osei-Yaw, O'Donkor)

I've probably got a few positions incorrect and the above isn't conclusive as you know certain positions can cover each other if needed, like Sykes or Henry out wide, or most of LW to adequately cover RW and vice versa, but it does seem the obvious place for reinforcements is at the back. Certainly no more wingers are needed.

I've similarly been keeping this relatively up to date since last season, and it really does show how top heavy we are.

Reminds me of when they signed Jack Payne last summer and their fans treated it like the second coming.
I remember us doing the same with Obika. A case of 'look how poorly managed this guy was, wait til our superior coaching staff get a chance to develop him'

I remember us doing the same with Obika. A case of 'look how poorly managed this guy was, wait til our superior coaching staff get a chance to develop him'
Obika had this one turn he used to do that was magic, pretty much his only redeeming feature as a footballer but what a turn!

He could definitely be a stand out player for them next season in the conference

He’d certainly be competitive in a youth team playing against players his own size.

Good luck there, Liam. No luck in terms of playing - just being rubbish and taking a load of money from Swindon in the process.

This guy's become a bit of a Twitter celebrity this evening by being, as far as I can make out, the only account to call the Ings transfer before it happened. An Aston Villa UTO, if you will.

For all those who say we regularly 'have our pants down' with signings, it sounds like we're playing hardball with a Premiership club. Good to see.

“We might even look at another defender, maybe a left back."

Might?!
Surely we need another right back to cover for Sam Long whose hamstrings are suspect. Solid though Forde is in that role, he's no replacement.

This guy's become a bit of a Twitter celebrity this evening by being, as far as I can make out, the only account to call the Ings transfer before it happened. An Aston Villa UTO, if you will.

For all those who say we regularly 'have our pants down' with signings, it sounds like we're playing hardball with a Premiership club. Good to see.
I think UTO is Karl Robinson.

Squad is looking decent but my only worry is we need the midfielders to score some goals. Brannagan forward please but will Mcguane and Sykes score enough. And we know Henry can but can he keep fit enough this is a worry. Time will tell .And not the tallest on the left side of defence but we will know soon .Fingers crossed for a good start

Squad is looking decent but my only worry is we need the midfielders to score some goals. Brannagan forward please but will Mcguane and Sykes score enough. And we know Henry can but can he keep fit enough this is a worry. Time will tell .And not the tallest on the left side of defence but we will know soon .Fingers crossed for a good start
Definitely our midfielders need to produce the end product this year, last season minimum Henry who got 7 who played right wing in the 1st half of the season (Brannagan, Forde, Gorrin only got 1 each) (Sykes McGuane Kelly, Hanson didn’t even score) 3 goals from midfield is pretty shocking players like Brannagan McGuane & Sykes need to step up this season these 3 players should be capable & targeting getting 20 goals between them 6-7 each as a minimum then add Henry getting close to 10

Our Defence scored over 20 last season hopefully we can get close again this year Moore & Long are always a threat when they go up for corners & free kicks plus I think Seddon will chip in with a fair few over the season

Definitely our midfielders need to produce the end product this year, last season minimum Henry who got 7 who played right wing in the 1st half of the season (Brannagan, Forde, Gorrin only got 1 each) (Sykes McGuane Kelly, Hanson didn’t even score) 3 goals from midfield is pretty shocking players like Brannagan McGuane & Sykes need to step up this season these 3 players should be capable & targeting getting 20 goals between them 6-7 each as a minimum then add Henry getting close to 10

Our Defence scored over 20 last season hopefully we can get close again this year Moore & Long are always a threat when they go up for corners & free kicks plus I think Seddon will chip in with a fair few over the season
Agree with that. The midfield need to score more. Brannaghan, Sykes and Mcguane should score 15 between them.
Some were querying where Shodipo's goals would be replaced from a few weeks ago. I would hope that Whyte, Holland and Williams will score a fair few between them.

If Gorrin is played in the holding role and Brannagan is played further up the pitch I can see him getting double figures, the season he got his knee injury he'd scored 8 goals before November McGuane wasn't far off scoring last season before his injury I'd expect him to bang a few in if he can stay fit.

If Gorrin is played in the holding role and Brannagan is played further up the pitch I can see him getting double figures, the season he got his knee injury he'd scored 8 goals before November McGuane wasn't far off scoring last season before his injury I'd expect him to bang a few in if he can stay fit.
McGuane's injury was a freak accident which is unlikely to be repeated. In no way did it indicate that he he is injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom