Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I reckon we lowball it and see what they say (If we're in the Championship) really rated him from what I saw
He’s on a lot more than our reported £3k per week salary cap. So it’s not just about the transfer fee.

our reported £3k per week salary cap.
We offered Rothwell 50% more than that to sign a new deal, if he himself is to be believed, so unless he’s absolutely full of it this is a very recent cap.

We offered Rothwell 50% more than that to sign a new deal, if he himself is to be believed, so unless he’s absolutely full of it this is a very recent cap.
I’d take that with a healthy dose of salt and anyway NH is still in a different wage bracket.

What makes you think this?
I don’t think we’ll ever see salary caps in football, no chance imo
Its a very strong possibility and already one of the topics being discussed by the PFA, etc. At least until there is a vaccine or cure and/if football can return to normal.

Surely no more than Browne would have been on and he accepted a deal with us before choosing Boro?
Very similar to Browne who chose Boro over us, not sure he ever chose us for a permanent move? We’ve only ever played a % of his wages as a loan player.

I see, I missed JH. No one knows what the players earn but I’d certainly rather pay Henry than Holland
Young Nathan Holland would be a good acquisition but he would have to earn his right, he did ok scored a couple of good goals but is a work in progress a bit like Baptiste.

Young Nathan Holland would be a good acquisition but he would have to earn his right, he did ok scored a couple of good goals but is a work in progress a bit like Baptiste.

If we had the cash (we won't), I'd rather push the boat out to sign Browne who has been very good for us. Holland had some really good moments but for the investment Browne would give better value imo.

Neither will happen though.

If we had the cash (we won't), I'd rather push the boat out to sign Browne who has been very good for us. Holland had some really good moments but for the investment Browne would give better value imo.

Neither will happen though.
I did hear when we got Marcus that he’s fallen out of favour at Middlesbrough and he was offered to us for 450k, how true that is I don’t know but if true I would go to the bank and withdraw and put it into the Middlesbrough chairman’s hand

I did hear when we got Marcus that he’s fallen out of favour at Middlesbrough and he was offered to us for 450k, how true that is I don’t know but if true I would go to the bank and withdraw and put it into the Middlesbrough chairman’s hand
Again - the transfer fee is just one element of this.

If memory serves, MB is on a long contract at Boro. He has associated Championship level wages which are significantly higher than League 1 levels.

These would have to be funded and would be a lot more than the initial transfer fee if we were to take MB on permanently. In addition, it’s dangerous to have one permanent player on a lot more money than the rest of the permanents in the dressing room.

Again - the transfer fee is just one element of this.

If memory serves, MB is on a long contract at Boro. He has associated Championship level wages which are significantly higher than League 1 levels.

These would have to be funded and would be a lot more than the initial transfer fee if we were to take MB on permanently. In addition, it’s dangerous to have one permanent player on a lot more money than the rest of the permanents in the dressing room.
Just going on what I heard but how much more? Didn’t we offer a substantial contract to Browne

Just going on what I heard but how much more? Didn’t we offer a substantial contract to Browne
Yes and it was a good offer from a club of our size but it was roughly 40% of what he’s paid at Boro.

There is a gulf between Championship and L1 wages. I’ve seen press articles regularly stating that Championship wages average £8-£10k per week and L1 average £2-3k per week, that I think is pretty close to reality.

Yes and it was a good offer from a club of our size but it was roughly 40% of what he’s paid at Boro.

There is a gulf between Championship and L1 wages. I’ve seen press articles regularly stating that Championship wages average £8-£10k per week and L1 average £2-3k per week, that I think is pretty close to reality.

As of 2018 the average Championship Salary was 16,000 per week and I believe thats basic wage excluding bonuses, signing on fees, etc. League 1 is 3,800 and League 2 1,850.

As of 2018 the average Championship Salary was 16,000 per week and I believe thats basic wage excluding bonuses, signing on fees, etc. League 1 is 3,800 and League 2 1,850.
Wow - much bigger gulf than I previously thought.

Back
Top Bottom