Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

There are a couple of promising potential vaccinations which are going to be tested, but will not be tested on humans for 18mths, so I doubt there will be any football played unless it is behind closed doors like Aussie rules which is starting tomorrow (Thursday).

Thats one of many ships thats sailed now I would imagine.

I think players are suddenly going to be ‘open’ to all sorts of things now that they realise they're not in a position of strength anymore. Worrying times ahead for them all.

A lot of players will probably have to look for new professions. McCleary is probably one of the lucky ones who’s financially in a good place.

Thats one of many ships thats sailed now I would imagine.

I think players are suddenly going to be ‘open’ to all sorts of things now that they realise they're not in a position of strength anymore. Worrying times ahead for them all.

A lot of players will probably have to look for new professions. McCleary is probably one of the lucky ones who’s financially in a good place.
He could come to play for us on a greatly reduced wage. i doubt anyone would pay what he currently wants or expects. I think out of contract players over 25 who aren't big stars could find themselves struggling to find new clubs

Salary caps will be the flavour of football I think when we players come out of contracts. I feel this will be the norm from now on because this won't be the last pandemic.

Salary caps will be the flavour of football I think when we players come out of contracts. I feel this will be the norm from now on because this won't be the last pandemic.
What makes you think this?
I don’t think we’ll ever see salary caps in football, no chance imo

......couldnt Tiger's sportswear factory in Thailand make some ? ;)
Careful @Sarge, last time the club tried a new range in headwear was before a game v Birmingham in the 90s, and it wound the brummies up so much they smashed seven past us, despite our keeper that day being able to leap like a salmon...

Careful @Sarge, last time the club tried a new range in headwear was before a game v Birmingham in the 90s, and it wound the brummies up so much they smashed seven past us, despite our keeper that day being able to leap like a salmon...
i though Holy roman Empire ( who played live in the supporters club pre match) were to blame for that (record at the time) home defeat- their diy disco punk apparently put a hex on the U's ? ;)

According to the BBC Sport gossip section, Nathan Holland will be allowed to leave West Ham with Sheffield Wednesday interested, they value him at £1mill

I reckon we lowball it and see what they say (If we're in the Championship) really rated him from what I saw

We won’t be paying transfer fees in the future or competing with big clubs like Sheff Wed
We simply don't know what the future holds. Our board members are not short of a few quid and may well be in a position to offer greater financial support than other clubs.

Some of the bigger clubs could be hit hardest by all of this, and there maybe a more equal playing field once things return to "normal".

We simply don't know what the future holds. Our board members are not short of a few quid and may well be in a position to offer greater financial support than other clubs.

Some of the bigger clubs could be hit hardest by all of this, and there maybe a more equal playing field once things return to "normal".
Financial support would be used to allow the club to survive, not spent on flighty young wingers

Financial support would be used to allow the club to survive, not spent on flighty young wingers
But we don't know that. Our operating costs have always exceeded normal revenue, so financial support has been used to survive AND bring in flighty young players of all positions. With many players out of contract, or being released as clubs cut their costs, we may be in a position to pick sone of these players up cheaper than we otherwise would have.

Survival of the clubs is the most important thing, I hope this means a much more balanced approach to transfers, with a degree of value for money being included, rather than a bit of a punt hoping that the player is worth it , United have been doing this with their previous signings, would you now spend a lot of money on Babtiste, had a lot of injuries , not played many games, great potential, but can clubs take risks on potential, I don’t know the answer, just feel that the transfer
market has to become more realistic

Back
Top Bottom