Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I did hear when we got Marcus that he’s fallen out of favour at Middlesbrough and he was offered to us for 450k, how true that is I don’t know but if true I would go to the bank and withdraw and put it into the Middlesbrough chairman’s hand
Never realised you were so minted, Bazzer!

Did we not say at the time, possibly from Robinson that we had offered Browne The same money as Middlesbrough did and he just chose to go to the higher club? I might be totally misremembering as I often do though

Clubs cant offer the same terms as before while Covid19 is impacting the game. I imagine Lawyers and clubs are writing clauses and reduced terms while there is an impact on football.

Just seen that Stephen O’Donnell has rejected a new contract at Kilmarnock...
If memory serves me right we were in for him in January until he wanted to stay in Scotland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52732393

Brave time to be a free agent. Surely there’s an argument at the moment to sign a long contract and get on those wages! Although I suppose if your club goes bust then your contract means nothing, so maybe better to go somewhere on a free where you can get a largish signing on bonus and a contract at a stable club...

Brave time to be a free agent. Surely there’s an argument at the moment to sign a long contract and get on those wages! Although I suppose if your club goes bust then your contract means nothing, so maybe better to go somewhere on a free where you can get a largish signing on bonus and a contract at a stable club...

Even normally, your signing on fee is paid over the term of the contract and if you leave quite often not entitled to the remainder. Clubs can also build more clauses into contracts, for example, when Sunderland got relegated from the Championship, its believed that some of their players wages dropped by 50% due to clauses in their contracts.

Total shake up of transfers incoming. Player values dropping, clubs trying to get big earners off the books - a good test for agents and players.

Does a player take an offer now on reduced terms, or wait it out to get the money they are after?

The only certainty is that those clubs already with a decent trading/recruitment model will be in pole position - failure to already have this in place will be a nightmare.

The interesting part will be the streamlining of academies in the premiership...I would imagine a load of academy players will become available that otherwise would have been unobtainable.

Total shake up of transfers incoming. Player values dropping, clubs trying to get big earners off the books - a good test for agents and players.

Does a player take an offer now on reduced terms, or wait it out to get the money they are after?

The only certainty is that those clubs already with a decent trading/recruitment model will be in pole position - failure to already have this in place will be a nightmare.

The interesting part will be the streamlining of academies in the premiership...I would imagine a load of academy players will become available that otherwise would have been unobtainable.

I wonder if our academy (and other areas) will suffer? We are effectively propped up by our board and if their core business drops they won't be putting more money than needed into the club...everyone is talking about whether we will be in the Championship next season but are losing sight of everyday life at the club

• React
Reactions: m
I wonder if our academy (and other areas) will suffer? We are effectively propped up by our board and if their core business drops they won't be putting more money than needed into the club...everyone is talking about whether we will be in the Championship next season but are losing sight of everyday life at the club

I suspect our Academy will become more important as they will become a greater part of our squad over the next few years, helping to keep the wage bill down.

I think that our board will have the finances to ride this out and potentially come out of it stronger. Whether they then use that to invest in Oxford is another matter.

Im obviously not privy to the clubs financial position, but running a cat 2 academy has been quoted as a few million a year. Not sure how far down the line we re with that but this could be the point that the academy comes into its own. Creating our own talent....all comes down to spotting it and coaching it!

From a premiership perspective, reserve players on 1000s per week (Garbutt reportedly on 28k a week and 5 year contract!) yet has been out on loan most his career and is now 26! Academies must be full of similar examples (I see Everton have released some of the older academy players this week).

Wonder if Cadds will be available, wouldn't be surprised if the boy is desperate to leave America with the shenanigans going on over there

9 new scholars for the next year. Not sure if that is consistent with other years though.

9 new scholars for the next year. Not sure if that is consistent with other years though.

I like his attitude based on the article and we must be doing something right attracting England age group Internationals.

The club asking the players to write something for the website is a very clever move too. It's been good reading them

Perhaps he already has a big money move to Belarus in the pipeline..?

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom