Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Ummm I think we’d have a possible reason to moan... as would anyone who had a good chance at the playoffs!

I don’t buy this ‘oh it’s unfair anyway due to the break, we could lose form’ - there’s a hell of a lot of difference between a few week break disrupting a team which was on form, and literally denying us a chance to go into the playoffs!
Football won’t be starting again before August at the earliest so they need to decide the fairest way of wrapping up this season.

You don’t solve a problem with ten moves when you can fix it in one. That’s how this will all be resolved - expect a swift and blunt conclusion to all this in the coming days. Whatever the outcome it will be very bish, bash, bosh in nature.

You don’t solve a problem with ten moves when you can fix it in one. That’s how this will all be resolved - expect a swift and blunt conclusion to all this in the coming days. Whatever the outcome it will be very bish, bash, bosh in nature.

That very much sounds like you and Matty Taylor. A bit of Bish and some bashing followed by some splosh.

That’s when next season would start, and they are now saying old people should self isolate for the next four months, which would take us nearly to August
Still don’t see why football wouldn’t start until August? My dads (80) not playing? And they’ve heard 3 months multiple times today on the radio so ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Ummm I think we’d have a possible reason to moan... as would anyone who had a good chance at the playoffs!

I don’t buy this ‘oh it’s unfair anyway due to the break, we could lose form’ - there’s a hell of a lot of difference between a few week break disrupting a team which was on form, and literally denying us a chance to go into the playoffs!

Of course people will moan, it's what we do! But if another match wasn't to be played then you either look to have a solution similar to what I mentioned or make the entire season null and void, which would have people moaning too.

This is an unprecedented situation and something will have to give. The solution put forward was one that rewarded the top teams but without penalising the bottom clubs which isn't entirely unreasonable.

Of course people will moan, it's what we do! But if another match wasn't to be played then you either look to have a solution similar to what I mentioned or make the entire season null and void, which would have people moaning too.

This is an unprecedented situation and something will have to give. The solution put forward was one that rewarded the top teams but without penalising the bottom clubs which isn't entirely unreasonable.

That’s fine but you said ‘the only possible reason to moan’ would be Wycombe. I was just pointing out that it would be a bit unfair on us too!

I don’t see why, if we can start a new season (therefore football can be played) we can’t finish the old one. 9 games left, that can be done in a month as has been shown. Finish the old season whenever the new one would be started (and play those games instead of loads of friendlies) then have like a week or two week break, then start the new one. Make up the time by overunning a bit at the end, and cancelling international friendlies so no international breaks, and playing a few more Sat-Tues games. Easy

Well TBH it is QUITE unreasonable. There are still (for us) nine games to go. That is more than 20% of the season remaining. 27 points to play for, and similar in the Championship. To promote teams who may have a harder run-in over those who might have an easier run-in should the matches be played makes no real sense, and punishes teams who may well be making a late charge for the promotion/playoff places.

IMO they either have to complete the season *somehow* if possible or scrap it and start afresh in August (hopefully).

That’s fine but you said ‘the only possible reason to moan’ would be Wycombe. I was just pointing out that it would be a bit unfair on us too!

I don’t see why, if we can start a new season (therefore football can be played) we can’t finish the old one. 9 games left, that can be done in a month as has been shown. Finish the old season whenever the new one would be started (and play those games instead of loads of friendlies) then have like a week or two week break, then start the new one. Make up the time by overunning a bit at the end, and cancelling international friendlies so no international breaks, and playing a few more Sat-Tues games. Easy

So as this thread is about the transfer window, when does that take place? In the two weeks between seasons? Sometime before this season finishes (if it goes beyond the end of June)? After the following season has started?

At some point, a decision will have to be made as to whether this season can run its course. If the 3 week break becomes 5, 6, 7 weeks or more, then there becomes a point where something has to give. Of course no one wants to see the season finish now, and we'd rightly be pissed to see the recent form count for nothing. But the idea that any of this will be easy is massively missing the point.

I suppose there could be a possibility, in these exceptional circumstances, there would be agreement for contracts to be extended for a further 4 weeks.
That would depend on the individual players. Some could simply refuse to sign up for an additional 4 weeks
Football won’t be starting again before August at the earliest so they need to decide the fairest way of wrapping up this season.
Why August?
In summer the UV Ray's will affect the virus ( somebody with more expertise may know more?)
I wouldn't be amazed if there could be games played in June.

That would depend on the individual players. Some could simply refuse to sign up for an additional 4 weeks
Why August?
In summer the UV Ray's will affect the virus ( somebody with more expertise may know more?)
I wouldn't be amazed if there could be games played in June.

self-isolating perhaps? ? ;)

Games could easily be played now behind closed doors with postponements for the teams who have to self isolate, but the authorities panicked and now have a big mess to clean up. The virus will probably be here most of the year, so next season is going to be a clusterfuck let alone this one.

Games could easily be played now behind closed doors with postponements for the teams who have to self isolate, but the authorities panicked and now have a big mess to clean up. The virus will probably be here most of the year, so next season is going to be a clusterfuck let alone this one.
Remember we were one of the last European countries to take a decision of this magnitude

The virus will probably be here most of the year, so next season is going to be a clusterfuck let alone this one.
What until December? Really? I thought that it is quite possible that the UV Rays in Summer could potentially significantly reduce the virus?
The worst case expected is that the worst will be in June time?

Well TBH it is QUITE unreasonable. There are still (for us) nine games to go. That is more than 20% of the season remaining. 27 points to play for, and similar in the Championship. To promote teams who may have a harder run-in over those who might have an easier run-in should the matches be played makes no real sense, and punishes teams who may well be making a late charge for the promotion/playoff places.

IMO they either have to complete the season *somehow* if possible or scrap it and start afresh in August (hopefully).

This for me, you can’t decide a season with so many games unplayed, as bad as it is if this drags out for to long I think you have to void it and start again in August (or whenever).

No one has actually earned anything yet, you have to play every team twice before a set date to get promoted/relegated, no one will manage that this season so calling it null and void is fair enough.

What until December? Really? I thought that it is quite possible that the UV Rays in Summer could potentially significantly reduce the virus?
The worst case expected is that the worst will be in June time?
The summer might help reduce the spread, but it's still spreading in the Southern Hemisphere. We'll likely be past the worst of it, but what state the country will be in and how long it takes to recover to some sort of normality is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom