Transfer targets?

Just went out of my way to listen to the RO 5:30 sports bulletin. As it’s ‘deadline eve’ I thought Jerome would have something to say. But no, the only mention about the U’s was a little bit right at the end about the club carrying on with football programs. Hardly earth shattering news.. Seems like there’s a bit of a media blackout at the club at the moment. Maybe they’re completing some big deals, could be an exciting few hours ahead fingers crossed.

Just went out of my way to listen to the RO 5:30 sports bulletin. As it’s ‘deadline eve’ I thought Jerome would have something to say. But no, the only mention about the U’s was a little bit right at the end about the club carrying on with football programs. Hardly earth shattering news.. Seems like there’s a bit of a media blackout at the club at the moment. Maybe they’re completing some big deals, could be an exciting few hours ahead fingers crossed.
Please stop it that last sentence sounded positive.

I can't wait until tomorrow is over.
We can all get back to slagging Obika off, changing our minds weekly whether Ruffles is a great home grown player or not good enough for league 1, moaning that the ultras are moaning, and everyone predicting a yellows win every Friday only to have a melt down on a Saturday night when we haven't won 4 nil.

Expect the club to announce at least three new signings tomorrow. They are currently being kept at the back of the East Stand in the space that was going to be the supporters club.
I wondered what that space was being used for. Could they make it usable as a supporters club whilst there please. ????

The sound of tumbleweed is deafening... .no news is good news they say all except when there is a deadline..time to pour another beer

Expect the club to announce at least three new signings tomorrow. They are currently being kept at the back of the East Stand in the space that was going to be the supporters club.
...with Faz chucking in a cabbage, on a daily basis, to keep em sustained until they're announced as officially signed:unsure:

This is like people moaning that they haven't got a card the day before their birthday!!! Relax and enjoy tomorrow's presents.

Surely any player who would be coming in tomorrow would be done now and it'll just be a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. With the deadline now being 5pm there won't be much time once the training finishes to do any negotiating.

Also Burton have enquired about Hanson on loan from Derby, is that a sign that personal terms couldn't be agreed?

This is like people moaning that they haven't got a card the day before their birthday!!! Relax and enjoy tomorrow's presents.
Agreed. As I keep saying it’s it’s getting it right that matters and if done with 30 seconds to go then so be it.

I notice you only highlighted the unimportant bit as it’s the 2nd bit which is far more important although I suspect you won’t mention that bit by say midnight tomorrow.

Really dodn’t have a clue what you mean, nor really care. Jerome simply said they weren’t ready to go into action, to report on a new signing.
We need the right players in the next 24 hours could well define our season.

Really dodn’t have a clue what you mean, nor really care. Jerome simply said they weren’t ready to go into action, to report on a new signing.
We need the right players in the next 24 hours could well define our season.
Thought you probably wouldn’t but glad you can recognise the 2nd bit is what really matters. Is 5pm the deadline time, I have been busy with other matters and completely missed what time it was .

Thought you probably wouldn’t but glad you can recognise the 2nd bit is what really matters. Is 5pm the deadline time, I have been busy with other matters and completely missed what time it was .

In 35 years of following club, I cannot think of a deadline day that has got so much attention. I can’t bare the lack of news.

Holmes, the Derby lad and a striker, and last Saturday will be forgotten.
This squad has the quality to really move up, when they gel.

It's 5pm let's hope the Fax machine has been serviced and tested this summer.

In 35 years of following club, I cannot think of a deadline day that has got so much attention. I can’t bare the lack of news.

Holmes, the Derby lad and a striker, and last Saturday will be forgotten.
This squad has the quality to really move up, when they gel.
Couldn’t agree more. Last Saturday turned out as it did for many reasons. I also think we could possibly do with another striker. I am concerned about Obika from a taking of enough chances and injuries perspective although I will not slate him like some during a game as it’s counterproductive . I also think we may well see Owen James and Fabio Lopes have a reasonable amount of game time. 35 years ago is also about the time I started supporting Oxford and deadline day for us although only recent gets more attention each year due to so many more places/ways to find out things.

Back
Top Bottom