Transfer targets?

I can't wait until tomorrow is over.
We can all get back to slagging Obika off, changing our minds weekly whether Ruffles is a great home grown player or not good enough for league 1, moaning that the ultras are moaning, and everyone predicting a yellows win every Friday only to have a melt down on a Saturday night when we haven't won 4 nil.

Hmmm... unlikely. Loan window doesn’t close until the end of the month.

Couldn’t agree more. Last Saturday turned out as it did for many reasons. I also think we could possibly do with another striker. I am concerned about Obika from a taking of enough chances and injuries perspective although I will not slate him like some during a game as it’s counterproductive . I also think we may well see Owen James and Fabio Lopes have a reasonable amount of game time. 35 years ago is also about the time I started supporting Oxford and deadline day for us although only recent gets more attention each year due to so many more places/ways to find out things.

Old Osler Road, got the bus in those days. Life seemed so much simpler. If this lot could gel, and those players in the U23, and youth squad really push on, up to the first team. Look at the U23’s winning these games atm. It’s all about the right mix of players. Is Lopes the lad that KR picked out as catching his eye? He sounded as if he really stood out.

I remember when it all came together for Appleton that promotion season. Carlisle away. It may take a window or two but KR is the man I really believe.

KR said in his post match interview he had already spoken to agents and players about joining next season and they were top players.

Also hearing him speak about Eoin Doyle yesterday, where he said he was the best striker in the league, is this a player we would like to sign? Would Preston allow him to leave permanently?

What other players do you think could be on his radar?

From Eoin Doyle to Mrs Doyle, in a few weeks?

This window has been really strange. We still believe....well until 5pm Thursday.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see that list that KR showed to Eastwood that persuaded him to sign a new contract?

This alleged list !!! surely Eastwood would have held on to see who came through the door first as it's not as though he would have been short of offers. i wonder what his thoughts were at 4:45 saturday knowing he could have had a deckchair at the other end for the afternoon :)

Whatever the outcome i don't suppose anybody expected things to go to the final hours.

What are rules on cancelling a loan and would it help sheff utd find that pen
I think that has to be agreed between all 3 parties, it would be good if the Blades took him back for theee months and release his part of his wage from us, but with the turmoil in the boardroom we may not get him back, and tbh it would be a cheek from the U’s that’s expect that.

Michal Zyro was signed in a loan deal by Robbo for Charlton this year. Came on as a sub against us in Feb.

Polish winger age 25 and 6 ft 2”

Michal Zyro was signed in a loan deal by Robbo for Charlton this year. Came on as a sub against us in Feb.

Polish winger age 25 and 6 ft 2”

Wonder if we are going for Zyro after problems with the Holmes deal? Or maybe to cover Carruthers

Tiger in London...Holmes Hanson and a striker would be lovely stuff

According to the Beeb the loan window is still open until the 31st August. So, even if Holmes does actually sign, it probably won't be today anyway.

Could be a quiet, and disappointing, day ahead....

If he doesn't fit Robinson's plans and we get a sell-on, why not? Better than having him moping around the bench like a wilting chrysanthemum.
I get what your saying but he is so versatile he could be needed at any point. he can play RB,CB,CM and would even play uptop. It's difficult to find someone who would be happy to play in any position they are asked.

Back
Top Bottom