Transfer targets?

Actually we first signed Roofe on loan and that was when the comments were made so no difference in the transfers at all. Nobody made negative comments when we signed Roofe permanently.
Fair point. But i suppose the difference is that then we had the financial means to sign him. Which doesn't appear to be the case now

I think you will find the point of a forum is to have y'know a debate. I am questioning a transfer policy that appears to have shifted from buying prem reserves (with sell on value) to importing loanees (with zero sell on value). That doesn't mean that I want us to do badly. It simply means that I can't get very excited about signing a West Ham player who will be here for nine months at best. If you can't cope with someone having a different pov, then why not create another thread- call it 'summer transfers. Positive comments only' and then all you will get is good vibes. So we will all be happy!
Exceptional idea. I may do exactly that next May. Remind one of us nearer the time and it’ll avoid months of annoyance from the usual spunk trumpets.

Fair point. But i suppose the difference is that then we had the financial means to sign him. Which doesn't appear to be the case now

Might be worth remembering how inflated transfer fees in the Premiership and Championship have become since we signed Roofe. Half the teams in League One now have highly skilled recruitment departments, we're no longer spotting future wonderkids that no-one else knows about.

Even with that, we've bought Brannagan and Dickie in January, that fit 'the model'. You can't expect us to bring in 5/6 of those in every transfer window.

Hmm. I thought the model was to buy good players from Prem reserves who are then actually our players? Or have I missed something?

We already have enough of those in the squad.

Nelson, Dickie, Whyte and Brannagan fall into that category.

Even in our promotion season we only had Roofe, Lundstram and O'Dowda who had large sell-on values. One of those wasnt even signed but came through the academy.

We already have enough of those in the squad.

Nelson, Dickie, Whyte and Brannagan fall into that category.

Even in our promotion season we only had Roofe, Lundstram and O'Dowda who had large sell-on values. One of those wasnt even signed but came through the academy.
Plus we had plenty of loanees that season.

So who is next? The bloke we've given to the end of the day to say yay or nay. The reading striker? Or that sheff utd winger...

Any news on the announcement mentioned after the game, and any indication who the third is in the morning?

So much good interesting stuff on this forum. Love reading it.

And then you get this sort of thing

MY / GUK
blah blah blah blah blah... and anyway I think the earth is flat.... blah blah blah blah
One Of Many Sensible Posters
That is a blatantly stupid comment - no it isn't its round!
MY / GUK
What's your problem - aren't you allowed to have an opinion. I thought that was what a forum was for?!?
OOMSP
Opinions are fine but you can expect blatantly stupid ones to be strongly challenged. Please produce some evidence for this strange opinion or I'll assume you are a complete idiot
MY /GUK
Oh so it's personal abuse now - why should I have to produce evidence?
OOMSP
I think that sort of proves my point
MY / GUK (in feeble retreat)
I only said "I think" ... and can't you see I was being ironic
OOMSP and many others
Sigh....

But all strangely entertaining I suppose!

WTF are you on about. Still thinks were on TIU, idiot, who may have had some valuable contributions to give, BUT....
A new member ignored so early....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Where’s Bazzer’s “where’s the striker?”??!
Getting ready for a 10.5 hr journey up to Kyle of locharsh and during the match on the M f*****g 6 stuck in f*****g roadworks an absolute nightmare, but back to your point Cheltenham old son we need another 1 would be fine but 2 strikers would be ideal along with another midfielder, strikers for competition and covering injuries.?

All that was said on RO at 6:30 was Robinson was asked when leaving the stadium last night for a transfer update and he just said that he wasn’t aware of Karacans decision to join or not. Reading between the lines I think we can forget about Mr Karacan. Either that or Robinson’s getting a bit fed up with constant requests for updates ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom