Transfer targets?

Haha what a croc of s**t article. Will be a major blow to our plans ?? Don’t think so. Be quite funny if pep starting signing up players. Also isn’t he a free agent now and not our player anyway

Agreed. Did that angry Agent write it?!

I liked Riccy and he did pretty well but he would have been the back up left back with Garbutt coming in imo.

I very much doubt he is Championship level though but then Pep doesn't really care if the player is capable of playing at the level required as we found out.

Shame, did a good job, gave 100%. The contract we offered him not enough to keep him here, clearly Player’s Player of the Season.
I'm sure though KR has a loan or youth player ready to fill the void.

Josh Ruffels can play there as can Cameron Norman so plenty of cover for Luke Garbutt who has played in the Championship.

Shame, did a good job, gave 100%. The contract we offered him not enough to keep him here, clearly Player’s Player of the Season.
I'm assuming you're whittering on about Ricardinho? So you are right, KR has replaced him with a younger, and better player who could easily play in the Championship at a fraction of the cost. What a fool!!!

What a bitter miserable person you sound.
I agreed with your first comment. He was a very good player here with a great personality.
But do you really like oufc or despise them as it sounds like the latter from your bitchy comments

Haha what a croc of s**t article. Will be a major blow to our plans ?? Don’t think so. Be quite funny if pep starting signing up players. Also isn’t he a free agent now and not our player anyway

Agreed. Did that angry Agent write it?!

I liked Riccy and he did pretty well but he would have been the back up left back with Garbutt coming in imo.

I very much doubt he is Championship level though but then Pep doesn't really care if the player is capable of playing at the level required as we found out.
He has the knack of swinging over the odds wages too..I think this is an action that speaks louder than words

What a bitter miserable person you sound.
I agreed with your first comment. He was a very good player here with a great personality.
But do you really like oufc or despise them as it sounds like the latter from your bitchy comments

Joke/irony?

You really do sum up yourself and your kind so well on here. You like my first comment you say, then I'm suddenly bitchy, just because in your opinion you don't like what I say.
I really thought the days of personal comments on here were over. If you don't like what people say then simply be constructive, don't get personal.
Oh and the 220 miles round trip it took to get to each home game last season, should answer your question, like or despise.

Last edited:

You asked for a constructive reply to this, so I'll try to give one.

We all agree that Ricardinho was one of the few positive additions made by Pep last summer. But KR made sure not to trigger his appearances related extension clause towards the end of last season, though still offered him a new contract.

It appears from these indicators that Pep offered quite a high wage, more than could be justified for a 33 year old left back from the Azerbaijani league. Likely the same situation for Pekalski, Mehmeti, and Tiendalli, too.

Yes, he was Player's Player, we all would love to have kept him around, he was impossible not to enjoy in yellow (and as a Brazilian, I assume he enjoyed being in that kit too). But we can't just keep people on at unjustifiable wages, no matter how popular they may be with the fans and squad (even though part of me thinks there is some of that behind Scott Shearer's extension).

And yes, we have already filled that void with a loan. An ex-England U21 player from Everton who turned down Championship clubs to come here. Did you have anyone specific in mind who you'd have preferred?

Last edited:
Surely it was pretty obvious towards the back end of last season when Ricardinho wasn't given the games that would have triggered an automatic transfer extension that he was only ever going to be offered a reduced deal? I liked him - a dodgy defender, but very exciting going forward. I am hoping that the new lad will offer as much going forward and more at the back. At the very least, he should have the energy of youth on his side!
Of course nobody here knows what the terms of the extended deal would have been - but with Clotet's record, I think we are safe to assume that it would have been costly.
I think the best course of action is to see how Garbutt does before making a judgement?

Joke/irony?

You really do sum up yourself and your kind so well on here. You like my first comment you say, then I'm suddenly bitchy, just because in your opinion you don't like what I say.
I really thought the days of personal comments on here were over. If you don't like what people say then simply be constructive, don't get personal.
Oh and the 220 miles round trip it took to get to each home game last season, should answer your question, like or despise.

It seems a little bizarre to go on a 220 mile round trip for something that brings you no joy? Literally not one positive post in the last 6 months or so. Nothing positive about the owner, the manager or the players? Maybe it's time to find something you do enjoy closer to home?

Ever the optimist I have just booked B&Bs in Barnsley and Sunderland. But having been away for a month I have just trawled through the forum threads and have concluded that we have a team that picks itself:

Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Brannagan Ruffels
Carruthers Obika Henry Hall

bench: Shearer, Norman, Long, Raglan, Carroll, Napa, James

I know we have some well thought of youngsters like Berry-Hargreaves, Hopkins and Noel-Williams but we do seem to be awfully thin on the ground. Have I missed anybody out?

Mous

You asked for a constructive reply to this, so I'll try to give one.

We all agree that Ricardinho was one of the few positive additions made by Pep last summer. But KR made sure not to trigger his appearances related extension clause towards the end of last season, though still offered him a new contract.

It appears from these indicators that Pep offered quite a high wage, more than could be justified for a 33 year old left back from the Azerbaijani league. Likely the same situation for Pekalski, Mehmeti, and Tiendalli, too.

Yes, he was Player's Player, we all would love to have kept him around, he was impossible not to enjoy in yellow (and as a Brazilian, I assume he enjoyed being in that kit too). But we can't just keep people on at unjustifiable wages, no matter how popular they may be with the fans and squad (even though part of me thinks there is some of that behind Scott Shearer's extension).

And yes, we have already filled that void with a loan. An ex-England U21 player from Everton who turned down Championship clubs to come here. Did you have anyone specific in mind who you'd have preferred?

Thank you. But after he said he was settled in the area, was the new contract so uncompetitive. We'll never know the truth.
Maybe I want the best so much I worry we are not going to get as fans what has been mention, in terms of budget, as we have been let down so much in the 35 years I've been following OUFC.
The Everton guy is a great buy, but why so early in business are we bringing in loans and not permanent, if the budget was going to be so competitive? That's my primary concern, not criticism.
Also with a couple of weeks before the serious friendlies start, why do have so many players to bring in? Especially when KR said he wanted business done early.

Are we still talking about metaphorical records? It’s getting confusing now.

Lets hope we can break some records this season. Attendance is possibility, with Sunderland amongst others in town. KR seemed to want some form of stand behind the goal, also.
The golden boot for Division1?

Thank you. But after he said he was settled in the area, was the new contract so uncompetitive. We'll never know the truth.
Maybe I want the best so much I worry we are not going to get as fans what has been mention, in terms of budget, as we have been let down so much in the 35 years I've been following OUFC.
The Everton guy is a great buy, but why so early in business are we bringing in loans and not permanent, if the budget was going to be so competitive? That's my primary concern, not criticism.
Also with a couple of weeks before the serious friendlies start, why do have so many players to bring in? Especially when KR said he wanted business done early.
Loan

Signings

Cost

Money

Back
Top Bottom