Transfer targets?

Not sure if anyone else listens to it, but the most recent 'NotTheTop20' podcast features a really good interview with some sort of football finance expert that gives some really interesting insights into the nature of the money behind football in the top 4 divisions at the moment and I would highly recommend. (As a disclaimer, I have absolutely no affiliation to the podcast whatsoever, and though it is generally very good, i just thought this episode in particular was especially insightful and many on here would enjoy!)

It’s a great podcast. Essential listening IMHO.

Heisenberg's transfer principle: the more certainly you know the name of the player, the less certain it is whether he is actually coming or not. Conversely, you can be pretty certain that someone will be signing, but not who it is.

Not sure if anyone else listens to it, but the most recent 'NotTheTop20' podcast features a really good interview with some sort of football finance expert that gives some really interesting insights into the nature of the money behind football in the top 4 divisions at the moment and I would highly recommend. (As a disclaimer, I have absolutely no affiliation to the podcast whatsoever, and though it is generally very good, i just thought this episode in particular was especially insightful and many on here would enjoy!)

Some incredible stuff around Bury...before they went big last season. Doesn't look good for them

Heisenberg's transfer principle: the more certainly you know the name of the player, the less certain it is whether he is actually coming or not. Conversely, you can be pretty certain that someone will be signing, but not who it is.

Harris’ transfer principle: the less certainly you are able to correctly pronounce the very-simple name of the player, the more certain it is that he plays for Oxford United.

Harris’ transfer principle: the less certainly you are able to correctly pronounce the very-simple name of the player, the more certain it is that he plays for Oxford United.

Given who we signed last season, it truly was an annus horribilis for Nick Harris. A phrase I would love to hear him attempt, coincidentally.

(All in jest mind, I do like NH and his local twang!)

Reverse psychology baz. Post how much we need a decent central defender see if it works [emoji6]

...better off posting how much we need a s**t central defender...surely...?

e.g. come back Ian McGuckin, all is forgiven...

Reverse psychology baz. Post how much we need a decent central defender see if it works [emoji6]

We need to keep signing strikers, until we find a striker who can score 20 - 30 goals a season in league 1, and the Championship,, but they have to be within our budget. Or we could sign a whole team of strikers who can score on average 8 goals ( not expecting the goalie to put in)they will have to be able to defend and run the mid field at the same time as well, I don't think I'm asking too much. ??

We need to keep signing strikers, until we find a striker who can score 20 - 30 goals a season in league 1, and the Championship,, but they have to be within our budget. Or we could sign a whole team of strikers who can score on average 8 goals ( not expecting the goalie to put in)they will have to be able to defend and run the mid field at the same time as well, I don't think I'm asking too much. ??
At the most meant we have Obika until we sign a striker I will be convened having good times later but no one to put them away but people like you were happy with our wonderful strike force last season.

Back
Top Bottom