Transfer targets?

Anyone worried about what’s going on at Oufc, what tigers implementing and how we move forward. I BEG YOU watch dan Harris’s interview on ifollow. The man is so impressive and makes so much sense in what is being done behind the scenes. It’s infectious and hard not to get just a little excited about the changes being made to our club, that could seriously effect future transfer policy #proudhistorybrightfuture

He comes across extremely well, I agree. Seems balanced, acknowledges past errors, but rightly points out that the focus has to be on the future because that’s all the people at the club can influence.

I personally have no issue with people being negative, it’s when they don’t display any kind of balance that I find it a bit disappointing - things aren’t always good and they aren’t always bad either, so a measured balance would be nice. Likewise twisting words to fit their narrative. For example Robinson saying he hoped to get business done early, but rather than accepting he said hoped - not expected, not definitely would, but hoped - certain people have twisted that against him, like he has broken some kind of promise to the fans. In fact, on 22nd May he even predicted it would be quiet during this period: “Everyone is scrambling around before they go on holiday and the World Cup, then it will die down a bit before a manic rush.”

I’m fine with where we are at the moment. We, as fans, can mostly agree on which areas we’re still lacking and if that’s the case, I am sure the club is also very aware. It’s a bit frustrating having to wait and refreshing the club website a hundred times a day, but we still have plenty of time to assemble a competitive squad for next season.

Totally agree. Nothing wrong with being negative (I won’t agree with u [emoji6] ) , I just prefer to wait until it’s happened before judging, no point panicking were not signing anyone especially on day one of a transfer window, when in all likelihood we will. No point in the mad panic some went into over relegation around xmas, when as it turns out we were fine. Glass half full v half empty. I can understand that, I’m happy not having the stress and worry personally. It’s those that almost seems to get a kick out of the negative that niggles me, like a constant willing of failure, so that u can turn round and say ha told u so. Just doesn’t compute with me. And to a lesser extent those that just don’t under stand how football works. Eg Why have we signed a rb first when we’re desperate for a striker.

The small signs behind the scenes are encouraging.
Some of the bigger things behind the scenes. U23, training ground, sponsorship, are very encouraging.

And we’ve made a decent start with contracts , Eastwood, Norman, caruthers , McMahon - the rest we will just have to wait and see .

Garbutt would be an incredibly good signing. He has been told he is free to leave Everton but Preston were supposed to be interested with them having lost Greg Cunningham. If we have managed to get him to drop down to League 1 then Karl has played a blinder.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Garbutt would be an incredibly good signing. He has been told he is free to leave Everton but Preston were supposed to be interested with them having lost Greg Cunningham. If we have managed to get him to drop down to League 1 then Karl has played a blinder.

Lets hope KR can sell it to him, RL, JL and JJK might have some input

I’m certainly not suggesting we signed or were interested in Jack Rodwell but where do people think he will end up? Abroad maybe? Would a championship team take a punt on him? Such a waste of takent!!!

I’m certainly not suggesting we signed or were interested in Jack Rodwell but where do people think he will end up? Abroad maybe? Would a championship team take a punt on him? Such a waste of takent!!!

MLS, sky sports already saying he’s in talks with clubs out there. He can then sponge another £70k a week from some unfortunate victim

Lyle Taylor has signed for Charlton - scratch him off the list.

Josh Magennis is rumoured to want out of his contract with Charlton - perhaps he's keen to link back up with KR? Or perhaps there will be a balls-out risk in a guy like Jay Emmanuel-Thomas who was let go by QPR?

OxBible reporting some interesting names, Bogle, Sam Smith (Reading), Jordan Graham and Mavadidi (spelling) from Arsenal!

And Luke Garbutt from Everton, Left back.

Last edited:
OxBible reporting some interesting names, Bogle, Sam Smith (Reading), Jordan Graham and Mavadidi (spelling) from Arsenal!

And Luke Garbutt from Everton, Left back.

Mavadidi was with him at Charlton. We were told a while ago that an Arsenal loan had been agreed but put on hold until the new manager had taken a look at all players. I think it could be him. Seriously quick, big lad, the run from his own box is the dogs B*****s. Just needs to work on his finishing

Back
Top Bottom