Transfer targets?

Sorry guys l am about to rant,( bored out of my mind) where are all these players Karl had lined up , don’t wait to sign them he said get them in early. Then l read in the Oxford mail Shaun Derry talking about players in league two, please come on ,l hope we are setting our sights a bit higher than that .ls it too much to ask for a good season. Ok rant over still bored.!!!!!! COYYS.

Sorry guys l am about to rant,( bored out of my mind) where are all these players Karl had lined up , don’t wait to sign them he said get them in early. Then l read in the Oxford mail Shaun Derry talking about players in league two, please come on ,l hope we are setting our sights a bit higher than that .ls it too much to ask for a good season. Ok rant over still bored.!!!!!! COYYS.

I would be very happy with Luke O'Nien if we signed him after being linked to him. Also, I'd be very happy if we signed Mo Eisa from Cheltenham or Christian Dodge from Forest Green. They all played in L2 last season.

Did you think Kemar Roofe wasn't good enough to step up as he scored all those goals in L2? Leeds clearly screwed up signing him eh?

Any chance that the potential significant cash injection from Roofe going to Reading will impact our recruitment plans?

The aim should be to sign League 2 players who are too good for that league, like Roofe was

The aim should be to sign League 2 players who are too good for that league, like Roofe was

Are you Karl Robinson in disguise?

Sorry to be a pedant, but Roofe wasn’t a L2 player but a Premier League youth player who had a series of loans with varying success.

Plus, when it was apparent he was far too good for L2, he leapfrogged to the top half of the Championship (rather than a lower half L1 club).

God I miss Roofe!

There are some very good players in the division below and even in the National League. OUFC have a history of picking up some of them - indeed some of our best ever players came from teams lower in the pyramid. Remember John Aldridge? He proved to be quite handy after arriving from Newport and what about Matt Elliott? Possibly one of the best defenders to ever play for the club, it was a real struggle for him to adapt to life in what was is now the Championship from League 2. Another defender who did pretty well came to us from Nuneaton Borough - a non-League side. He went on to captain the side in what is now the Premier League - his name Malcolm Shotton. If you need a more recent example, Chey Dunkley was instrumental in us going up a couple of seasons ago and will be playing Championship football with Wigan next season.

Last edited:
There are some very good players in the division below and even in the National League. OUFC have a history of picking up some of them - indeed some of our best ever players came from teams lower in the pyramid. Remember John Aldridge? He proved to be quite handy after arriving from Newport and what about Matt Elliott? Possibly one of the best defenders to ever play for the club, it was a real struggle for him to adapt to life in what was is now the Championship from League 2. Another defender who did pretty well came to us from Nuneaton Borough - a non-League side. He went on to captain the side in what is now the Premier League - his name Malcolm Shotton.

Rob Dickie was on loan at Lincoln when we bought him from Reading. Curtis Nelson from Plymouth.

Marquis is a proper nasty, battling striker who gets a fair amount of goals and can play the lone role brilliantly. I'd personally be delighted if there was any truth to it.
I thought he and Lyle Taylor were the best/most awkward forwards we played against last season (apart from Wigan at home, but that doesn't count as they were too good/we were pathetic)

I thought he and Lyle Taylor were the best/most awkward forwards we played against last season (apart from Wigan at home, but that doesn't count as they were too good/we were pathetic)
Has there been any further news about Taylor and Sunderland or was that just a rumour?

Back
Top Bottom