Transfer targets?

KR said in his post match interview today that we have talked to 36 year old, out-of-contract ex Norwich City midfielder Wes Woolihan. Wes had 10 seasons at Carrow Road and played 47 games for the Republic of Ireland. He has also been in talks with Fleetwood. Robinson implied that we could have signed him last week but for some reason have delayed. He joked that we might be a more attractive proposition now that we are off the bottom of the table.

KR said in his post match interview today that we have talked to 36 year old, out-of-contract ex Norwich City midfielder Wes Woolihan. Wes had 10 seasons at Carrow Road and played 47 games for the Republic of Ireland. He has also been in talks with Fleetwood. Robinson implied that we could have signed him last week but for some reason have delayed. He joked that we might be a more attractive proposition now that we are off the bottom of the table.
Isn’t he another attacking midfielder/10 though? Jeez KR is becoming the new Arsene Wenger with his collecting of attacking midfielders! ? I suppose at 36 he’ll have tailored his style to save his legs though, maybe sits more deeper now.

Thought he had signed for Fleetwood?

What are the chances of sending back Garbutt?

It’s not realistic to have Ruffells as our first choice. Would be keen to see that cash freed up to go and find a Znotman-style left-back in jan

Think carruthers injury was the biggest blow we could have had and the main reason for our shite start to the season pre today. KR I think built the team around carruthers a ball winning playmaker. I would guess KR is looking to sign someone like WH to replace him while he is injured.

Hoolahan himself knows nothing of our interest apparently. Which when you read Robinson's actual words makes sense. Essentially KR has seen he is still without a club and would like to talk to him. We've probably made very early contact with his representative that hasn't gone beyond that yet.

"I need a midfielder still. I do have two in mind who are out of contract and hopefully we can speak to them.
"I don’t mind telling you there’s the likes of Wes Hoolahan out there."
"There are two players we’re looking to have a conversation with"

Who knows. KR has apparently said post-game that someone may well leave the club permanently by Thursday.

What I'm hearing from those Twitter/Instagram rumour merchants is that it's likely to be Raglan having his contract mutually terminated so he can join another club.

• React
Reactions: MJB
What I'm hearing from those Twitter/Instagram rumour merchants is that it's likely to be Raglan having his contract mutually terminated so he can join another club.
Noticed a number of clubs have taken players on loan 'now' with a view to making loans permanent move in Jan..... couldn't that apply to one of our players going elsewhere?

I don’t want Wes Hoolahan, he would be here for a season only and although might add something to the team it will take first team team opportunities from our younger midfield players like Baptiste for example.

If we can bring someone in who will be here longer (or is sellable later on) then brilliant otherwise work with what we have in midfield.

I’d rather sign another striker (or left back) as that’s where it seems we are lightest. An old guy for a season (Darren Bent) up top would be ok as Obika isn’t up to it (goals wise adds other things granted) and Smith is young (Lopes really young).

Im of a different mindset, I wouldn't mind Wes Hoolahan at all, i think he would be a great squad player both on and off the pitch and with all the young lads in our current set up he could be more beneficial to their development rather than a hindrance to their chance of first team football.

Im of a different mindset, I wouldn't mind Wes Hoolahan at all, i think he would be a great squad player both on and off the pitch and with all the young lads in our current set up he could be more beneficial to their development rather than a hindrance to their chance of first team football.
The fitness has to be taken on trust but KR is confident he has an engine - hopefully doesnt take 4-6 weeks before he is match fit or dont bother. Agree re the younger players but for a couple of months at least we need to use our experience and get points. If we have more bad luck with injuries, say Holmes, Browne and Henry, I think we would all be glad of some experience to guide the youngsters who would inevitably be playing around him. After joining though, KR said the squad size was ridiculously large. It seems even larger now? Some of the U23s cannot be far away from being able to step up and if one of them starts banging in goals every week we potentially have strength in depth. We still have players who we havent seen too, who I thought were for the firsts rather than the development side.. At some stage the young talent will play, but it may be toward the end of the season when we are safe and only then if theres nothing to play for

Back
Top Bottom