Transfer targets?

Does anyone know the identity of the star striker we were set to sign but did not proceed to do so because he refused to take the fabled 'Running Test'.
More importantly, are we to believe that the likes of Mackie and McMahon satisfactorily completed the test as no mention of it was made when we signed them.

• React
Reactions: Ian
The test was primarily speed relative to distance or so we were led to believe, what has running right got to do with that or have you omitted a comma after the word 'run' changing the meaning of your post.

Last edited:
The test was primarily speed relative to distance or so we were led to believe, what has running right got to do with that or have you omitted a comma after the word 'run' changing the meaning of your post.
Perhaps they set performance metrics for each position right? Or, it's just a meaningless way to have a moan?

Burton to offer Darren Bent a deal. I know he is getting on a bit but bet he will bag in league one. I’d take him on a years deal.

Free agent is what needed as I don’t see us getting anyone else in on loan due to 5/6 in a match day squad but again we won’t see the best of him until he gets 5 or more game to get match fit, but definitely need someone like him as Obika & Smith isn’t enough

Checked for free agents at left back and found these two. Anyone know if they'd be up to scratch?

Scott Golbourne - Released by Bristol City
https://www.transfermarkt.com/scott-golbourne/profil/spieler/37457

Cedric Evina - Released by Doncaster
https://www.transfermarkt.com/cedric-evina/profil/spieler/67458

Golbourne is a decent player and had bags of experience at around this level. Wouldn't be worried about getting stuck in like Garbutt. Not sure on wage demands.

Other bloke I have never heard of.

We don’t need other winger imo Whyte Browne Holmes Henry Tsun-dai Mackie is enough

Central Midfield to play alongside Hanson & a Striker are needed

I did wonder if we were allowed to sign another loan player and it appears there is no limit to how many you can have at a club, but only 5 can be in the match day squad. I would like to see a striker signed as we are struggling to score, it looks like Robinson is looking to strengthen the midfield though.

I did wonder if we were allowed to sign another loan player and it appears there is no limit to how many you can have at a club, but only 5 can be in the match day squad. I would like to see a striker signed as we are struggling to score, it looks like Robinson is looking to strengthen the midfield though.
KR has also mentioned Out of Contract players. Does anyone on here - who’s good at this sort of thing - have any names of good, combative and tidy on the ball midfielders who are currently unattached to a club? I would’ve thought any one who’s any good would have got themselves fixed up by now. But Karacan has only just signed for Millwall in the last week or so and their must be a fair few released from Premier/Championship academies.

In hindsight ( a wonderful thing), not offering Doughty something might have been a mistake

Thought the season limit was 8!

Back
Top Bottom