Transfer targets?

Why would they be concerned if the deals are all going to plan?
The closer you are to deadline day the more there is a risk.
Sheffield United allegedly screwed up on Friday last week so if they do the same in Thursday?
Things may well go as planned but I sure hope that there are back up options as we are desperately short of at least two players especially with Carruthers injury (and let's just hope Hall gets and stays match fit)

And are they? I'd hardly call the deal for Holmes to be going according to any sort of acceptable plan, no matter who is at fault. And what happens to the other deal alluded to by KR? If the club cannot agree personal terms, what then? No concern?
I'm all for optimism but not blind faith.
Is it personal terms ? That would be a concern

Is it personal terms ? That would be a concern
As per his post match comments and to quote KR from The Oxford Mail:

United have a target in mind to bolster the midfield and a bid has been accepted, but the contract is taking longer to agree than they hoped.

Robinson said: “We met the transfer fee, which was very substantial, on Thursday and we thought he would be in for the Barnsley game.

“That wasn’t to be the case, we still need to agree personal terms and we’re still a little away on that.”

Holmes’s move from Sheffield United looked a done deal on Thursday morning, when Blades boss Chris Wilder revealed the winger was on his way.

But getting final approval from Bramall Lane has proved the stumbling block.

On Saturday, Robinson was optimistic the move would go through.

He said: “Everything was agreed, but when you do contracts, owners have to sign things off.

“They’ve got two owners, one in Australia and one in the Middle East, so they needed two signatures, that’s what I’m led to believe.

As per his post match comments and to quote KR from The Oxford Mail:

United have a target in mind to bolster the midfield and a bid has been accepted, but the contract is taking longer to agree than they hoped.

Robinson said: “We met the transfer fee, which was very substantial, on Thursday and we thought he would be in for the Barnsley game.

“That wasn’t to be the case, we still need to agree personal terms and we’re still a little away on that.”

Holmes’s move from Sheffield United looked a done deal on Thursday morning, when Blades boss Chris Wilder revealed the winger was on his way.

But getting final approval from Bramall Lane has proved the stumbling block.

On Saturday, Robinson was optimistic the move would go through.

He said: “Everything was agreed, but when you do contracts, owners have to sign things off.

“They’ve got two owners, one in Australia and one in the Middle East, so they needed two signatures, that’s what I’m led to believe.
Well that is a little curious, it looks to me the first paragraphs are about bringing in a midfielder that we are paying money for and we haven’t agreed personal terms with him yet, not Holmes who’s coming in on loans so no I don’t think it’s a personal terms issue with Holmes as you said.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Well that is a little curious, it looks to me the first paragraphs are about bringing in a midfielder that we are paying money for and we haven’t agreed personal terms with him yet, not Holmes who’s coming in on loans so no I don’t think it’s a personal terms issue with Holmes as you said.
I didn't say anything about personal terms and Holmes. The stalling point with Holmes is a signature, nothing more. The personal terms referred to are those for the player whose club have agreed to sell and, for a substantial price, if the information revealed so far is true. (no figure mentioned as yet)

I've been told that at least 2 (Holmes +1) will go through before the end of play on Thursday. As with most transfer windows, few deals are done in the days that precede the deadline with the Sky Sports coverage ensuring maximum publicity on the final day. Still no panic as far as I can tell from the club.

Thats understandable from a publicity perspective to announce on Thursday, but all i hope is they are training with the squad this week. As we look lost at sea again if the new players haven't had time to bed in with the current lot.

And are they? I'd hardly call the deal for Holmes to be going according to any sort of acceptable plan, no matter who is at fault. And what happens to the other deal alluded to by KR? If the club cannot agree personal terms, what then? No concern?
Once it became evident that the deal/deals were not going to be concluded in time for players to feature at Barnsley, there was no need to rush. Holmes, for example, has been at Oxford since last week. He is not going anywhere else in a hurry and could likely feature on Saturday, so definitely no need to panic.

Other deals are still to be fine tuned, but not to the extent that there is any reason to think these can't also be done in the next 48hrs.

And this is not blind faith but fairly clear processes at this time of the season.

Why would they be concerned if the deals are all going to plan?

So many questions? Who are you hoping is going to answer them for you?

Thats understandable from a publicity perspective to announce on Thursday, but all i hope is they are training with the squad this week. As we look lost at sea again if the new players haven't had time to bed in with the current lot.
Holmes definitely won't be an issue, I don't know on our other targets but they have completed pre-seasons so won't be a million miles away if/when signed.

People need to understand how much goes into a player’s discussions. The contract they are getting, the implication of relocation, agents trying to squeeze that last penny they can get for their client.
Deals will speed up in the next 2 days due to players knowing it’s their last chance to get a any possible deal sorted until January.

I don't understand how some people are so entitled that they think they should be fed every single last piece of detail, and then get agitated to the extent that they start throwing conspiracy theories around.

I don't understand how some people are so entitled that they think they should be fed every single last piece of detail, and then get agitated to the extent that they start throwing conspiracy theories around.

Welcome to Oxford United fans. Don’t forget that when we do get fed names of targets that it’s bad and all business should be kept behind closed doors. Usually said by those demanding to know every little detail.

That is a problem for us, tough start, new influx of players, players coming back from injury not the best mix to get off to a good start and convince the fans we will have a good season.

Quite right, we should all stick our heads in the sand and leave well be. Just fancy, supporters who want to know about their clubs activities! We should know our place. Buy a season ticket and cheer whatever and whoever turns up on the pitch.

And, just for the record, I hope you haven't included my contributions under conspiracy theories.

On that note I shall return to other activity as clearly, anyone questioning or offering any opinion other than 100% positive and pro whatever is happening is a heretic and should be burned at the stake.

Back
Top Bottom