Transfer targets?

Which of our signings are not “good”?

What will it take to make you go “Wow”?
Well looking at Saturday's performance, and by KR's own admittance, all of them.
Signing someone who is not 30 something, just recovering from injury, never played in league 1 or a cast off from another club,.

Well looking at Saturday's performance, and by KR's own admittance, all of them.
Signing someone who is not 30 something, just recovering from injury, never played in league 1 or a cast off from another club,.

Ah, nothing like a knee jerk reaction.

I assume that Saturday will be a league 2 fixture? Oh wait, no it'll be a league 1 fixture because no team ever has been relegated because they lost the first game of the season.

I also don't think he said anything about every signing not being good enough, I think he actually said that performance was unacceptable which it was.
That result would of hurt a lot of those players and some of them will realise they will have to step their game up if they want to play every week because right now it is easy for Robinson to pick his team.

I think the result Saturday made KR realise he needed much more depth of quality players, more than he initially thought. In my opinion I think he thought that he could rely on some reserve players and they perform to a decent level and they didn't. I think we need at least 4 to have any chance of thinking about promotion or cempetiting for play offs.

Talking of a hard midfielder we should be in for john holmes.....apparently that bloke got his foot in everywhere

I think the result Saturday made KR realise he needed much more depth of quality players, more than he initially thought. In my opinion I think he thought that he could rely on some reserve players and they perform to a decent level and they didn't. I think we need at least 4 to have any chance of thinking about promotion or cempetiting for play offs.

Hmmmm... Isn't this what KR has been saying all summer? Knowing what you need and being able to bring these players into the club isn't as easy as the fantasy manager believes.

Bazzer, honestly, we don’t know. Why do you keep asking us? We’re just a bunch of fans on an obscure Internet forum.
It just seems that me with all these so called ITK’s someone might know, I don’t but one has to wonder.

I assume that Saturday will be a league 2 fixture? Oh wait, no it'll be a league 1 fixture because no team ever has been relegated because they lost the first game of the season.

I also don't think he said anything about every signing not being good enough, I think he actually said that performance was unacceptable which it was.
That result would of hurt a lot of those players and some of them will realise they will have to step their game up if they want to play every week because right now it is easy for Robinson to pick his team.

Bazzer, honestly, we don’t know. Why do you keep asking us? We’re just a bunch of fans on an obscure Internet forum.

He also implied he would be strengthening he s squad after Saturday’s performance.

Every season I think about moving my season ticket. I don’t for two reasons:

1. the people I sit near, bar one, are nice and actually support OUFC, for better or for worse and they actually care.

2. I might end up sitting next to one of the insufferable, know-it-all, unreasonable, deluded, negative, non-OUFC supporting correspondents on this board.

Given the ratios of normal vs those that meet the definition in point 2, I’m never going to take the risk.

as i mentioned a couple of weeks back i'd heard a deal involving decent figures for this level had hit problems as would/could involve 2 of ours or 1 + 1 other having to be sold. Reading we rejected 3 bids for ours sort of backs this up.
The other snippet i heard was there could be someone from the red side that some on here dislike so much heading our way.

• React
Reactions: Ian
And he will Bazzer. I honestly think you are more impatient than my 3 and 4 year old put together!
And I was just saying what else KR said which seemed to be missed in the various quotes of what he said after Saturday’s debacle. Also not a lot happening in the transfer stakes, must be one hell of an argument in the board room at the Blades.

And he will Bazzer. I honestly think you are more impatient than my 3 and 4 year old put together!

And maybe I am impatient, but it is starting to look like a joke with this seasons transfer policy, this sort of thing I’m sure KR could do without urn won’t look good on his CV or has Tiger no money or no t enough time sustain this club which could cost this club of ours very dearly.

These announcements of our targets is working tha well yes we got Carruthers whom we won’t see until January a player who is known for injuries and a young striker whom I hope does well, but this Holmes business is now starting to take the P**s as a be said previously if no deal by Friday then kick it into touch and look elsewhere, there won’t be much quality left as they’ve already been secured, and after Saturday’s debacle I would start to worry that if KR’s announcement about more acquisitions do not materialise.

If that’s your definition of impatience then yes I am, as lots of OUFC fans.

as i mentioned a couple of weeks back i'd heard a deal involving decent figures for this level had hit problems as would/could involve 2 of ours or 1 + 1 other having to be sold. Reading we rejected 3 bids for ours sort of backs this up.
The other snippet i heard was there could be someone from the red side that some on here dislike so much heading our way.
Dislike the club or dislike the person in question?

Just over 48 hours left - could do with the Club at least letting us know that Tiger is in the country?

Back
Top Bottom