Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t say that though. He said he wanted to.

Cadden, a player for whom we are nothing more than a gym with a surfeit of personal trainers.

‘No thanks.
He is on loan, so we should never sign any loan players then ? He is a professional in which we are extremely important for his career . I think you need to wait and see before passing any judgement.

Not one who turned us down for a permanent move. Call me old fashioned but I want my players to see us as more than a convenient waiting room.
Welcome to the modern game, Nelson saw us as such last season . How did he perform ? It would be great to only have signings but you cannot write off a player without seeing him. He is a professional and this is his profession.

The thing with the Cadden deal is...

I'm not naive enough to think we get loan players who want anything more than a stepping stone. That's fine and par for the course here. But to have a player that explicitly knows they are moving on, regardless if we are top of the table or scrapping relegation isn't right.
I always felt that, with some loanees, if we went up, those deals may go permanent, there was always a chance, and the player and club knows it.

But there is a different commitment here. With other young loanees, who are playing for their future, they commit because they are playing in the shop window, with a reward of game time with their parent club or an other contract with a bigger club (or, in rare cases, with the loaning club)

In Caddens case, come December, he's going to be planning his move, hoping to stay fit, looking forward to a season of soccerball. Wonder how thay might affect his commitment if we're in a scrap, knowing he already has a contract with another club to fulfil. Will he risk injury for the sake of OUFC?

For me, I'd have rather the club went for a lesser squad defender, for cover, who signed a more traditional deal. I don't see what the club stands to gain more than that from the Cadden one.

The thing with the Cadden deal is...

I'm not naive enough to think we get loan players who want anything more than a stepping stone. That's fine and par for the course here. But to have a player that explicitly knows they are moving on, regardless if we are top of the table or scrapping relegation isn't right.
I always felt that, with some loanees, if we went up, those deals may go permanent, there was always a chance, and the player and club knows it.

But there is a different commitment here. With other young loanees, who are playing for their future, they commit because they are playing in the shop window, with a reward of game time with their parent club or an other contract with a bigger club (or, in rare cases, with the loaning club)

In Caddens case, come December, he's going to be planning his move, hoping to stay fit, looking forward to a season of soccerball. Wonder how thay might affect his commitment if we're in a scrap, knowing he already has a contract with another club to fulfil. Will he risk injury for the sake of OUFC?

For me, I'd have rather the club went for a lesser squad defender, for cover, who signed a more traditional deal. I don't see what the club stands to gain more than that from the Cadden one.
The fact of the matter is that its all speculation to say how he will play and to even think he wouldn't put the effort in is a load of rot. We have a great player who we need to get behind and enjoy.

Welcome to the modern game, Nelson saw us as such last season . How did he perform ? It would be great to only have signings but you cannot write off a player without seeing him. He is a professional and this is his profession.
Nelson was our player and his future depended greatly on his performances for us. Cadden’s won’t, his future is already elsewhere.

Loans are fine and dandy in the right circumstances, but these aren’t.

"The club just never listens to fans like me. I'm telling you, all you have to do is pick up some youngsters from the Premier League dirt cheap, like that Rashford kid from United, and we'd win this league."

That's only the half of it, you then sell them back to a similar/the same club for millions of quid.

And if you're really canny you get them loaned back to you with the new parent club playing the wages.

To take the Cadden thing a step further, say he IS as awesome as KR expects and we're smashing the league come January.

Will he stay to see the season out or will our success be disrupted by losing a key player?

To take the Cadden thing a step further, say he IS as awesome as KR expects and we're smashing the league come January.

Will he stay to see the season out or will our success be disrupted by losing a key player?
Wait and see but if he is doing well , and we are we become a much more attractive club to join and get the players permanently that we want.

Not strictly true - Curtis signed a 2 year deal with us with the add on of a third - we quite rightly invoked this additional year as he is and was a quality player - he played professionally and extremely well all season as per his contract even when KR (arguably rather petulantly) stripped him of the captaincy for not agreeing a new deal which he did not have to as he was a free agent - he did not use us last season - he played out his contract (as he had at Plymouth before us) effectively and totally professionally

Cadden on the other hand (if what we have been told turns out to be true and thus being careful here) is effectively using us until his parent club needs him - that is totally different surely

Wait and see but if he is doing well , and we are we become a much more attractive club to join and get the players permanently that we want.

not sure I understand the logic of this - maybe I am being a bit thick - why would we become a more attractive team to join just because Cadden plays well and then leaves ?
yes we may become a more attractive team if we are playing well as a general point but in the modern era what seems to matter most to players is money

If he’s contracted to go to Sunderland in January, then that’s what will happen, regardless of how well we or him are doing.
I just hope KR was able to get him to come on a season long loan, otherwise we could risk having a player who’s more interested in staying fit than putting his body on the line each week for our club, which has happened before

not sure I understand the logic of this - maybe I am being a bit thick - why would we become a more attractive team to join just because Cadden plays well and then leaves ?
yes we may become a more attractive team if we are playing well as a general point but in the modern era what seems to matter most to players is money

Think the point being is would you rather join a club in the top 10 or a team fighting relegation

If he’s contracted to go to Sunderland in January, then that’s what will happen, regardless of how well we or him are doing.
I just hope KR was able to get him to come on a season long loan, otherwise we could risk having a player who’s more interested in staying fit than putting his body on the line each week for our club, which has happened before
Tbh I’m not sure Cadden knows all the details of his loan? He certainly didn’t sound 100% sure it was even a loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom