Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl. Id hold fire on Whyte given his non appearance today. A huge amount of quality strikers have moved this window, Doidge went for 200k for goodness sake. The players are there.

Im not denying theres been some historical investment. And i am grateful for the funding of a loss making club. Just please (and that includes you Karl) stop patronising us by telling us were big hitters goibg for the championship with bids in all over the shop that, miraculously, never come off.

Someone like Ched Evans for example, not a hard deal to do if the cash is there. Fleetwood did it last season.

That's right, I'm Karl Robinson, or Tiger, or the Positive Fairy!! You can try to undermine my view and call me what you like, it really doesn't bother me one bit. However I think time will tell with who has judged our transfer business the best.

Karl. Id hold fire on Whyte given his non appearance today. A huge amount of quality strikers have moved this window, Doidge went for 200k for goodness sake. The players are there.

Im not denying theres been some historical investment. And i am grateful for the funding of a loss making club. Just please (and that includes you Karl) stop patronising us by telling us were big hitters goibg for the championship with bids in all over the shop that, miraculously, never come off.

Someone like Ched Evans for example, not a hard deal to do if the cash is there. Fleetwood did it last season.
Would have liked to see Doidge but there are others out there , hopefully Ched

There will be, chill out and have some trust that Robbo etc do have an idea .
Less than 2 weeks to go and I’m chilled but pissed at the negative positive comments that KR comes out with, I doubt if anymore season tickets will be shifted with the non positive comments that KR and he board have come out with.

Of course its 'happening ' stop panicking
Yeah ok yet ( can’t remember who said it but somewhere on this very, very did I say a very long thread that Cadden will be the only player in by the time the season starts but the rest would be loans and if so that can only be 4 as Cadden if he comes here will also be a loan.

Less than 2 weeks to go and I’m chilled but pissed at the negative positive comments that KR comes out with, I doubt if anymore season tickets will be shifted with the non positive comments that KR and he board have come out with.
Don't seem very chilled to me tbh

That's right, I'm Karl Robinson, or Tiger, or the Positive Fairy!! You can try to undermine my view and call me what you like, it really doesn't bother me one bit. However I think time will tell with who has judged our transfer business the best.
Lets hope so Karl.

I'm annoyed yes. I'm worried that we are putting ourselves in a similar position to last season.

However, i don't believe we're brasic or scraping the barrel. I think we'll still sign three/four decent players, probably of a better standard than L1. I just wish we'd have done it by now.

I'm annoyed yes. I'm worried that we are putting ourselves in a similar position to last season.

However, i don't believe we're brasic or scraping the barrel. I think we'll still sign three/four decent players, probably of a better standard than L1. I just wish we'd have done it by now.
See, common sense can prevail!

I think those of us who are a little worried/miffed are so because it was explicitly stated that we’d get our business done early and we’d learnt from the mistakes from last season.

Yes there’s still two weeks of the transfer window remaining but it doesn’t appear we have learned nor have we done our business early.

Hopefully we’ll see some things shape up in the next week or two ready for the season. Personally I’d have liked it if the new players had more time to gel and settle in but we are where we are.

I think those of us who are a little worried/miffed are so because it was explicitly stated that we’d get our business done early and we’d learnt from the mistakes from last season.

Yes there’s still two weeks of the transfer window remaining but it doesn’t appear we have learned nor have we done our business early.

Hopefully we’ll see some things shape up in the next week or two ready for the season. Personally I’d have liked it if the new players had more time to gel and settle in but we are where we are.
There’s more than 2 weeks of the window left.

That's right, [some foos], or the Positive Fairy!! You can try to undermine my view and call me what you like, it really doesn't bother me one bit. However I think time will tell with who has judged our transfer business the best.

I am mildly pleased that you have accepted the Positive Fairy mantle. He, the Positive Fairy, for the avoidance of doubt, is derived from the good fairy in "At Swim-Two-Birds".

He loses. I abjure you to not bet money against a Pooka (such as my good limping self) or other made up characters in a game of cards. I hope it all turns out that we all win. I need to puke, now. or I'd go on for minutes.

Sums up my feelings towards the current situation. Hopefully we can find the mythical CB/2 x CF/RM and when we make it to the playoffs we can all look back and laugh.

No one is denying concerns about recruitment, but it's about putting it into perspective. IF we signed Cadden, Evans and an experienced centre back on Monday then we'd look to have a very decent squad. IF we added to that with 3 or 4 loanees from higher up the pyramid then we'd look very strong.

It is about getting the right players in on the best possible deals, and that takes time. There becomes a point when you have to look at other targets, but we have to ensure we do everything possible to get the players that will take us to the next level.

I will make my judgements on the team that lines up against Sunderland and the squad that we have in September. I don't think either will disappoint.

If you are going to make a judgement on the team that lines up against Sunderland then you must be a bit concerned about KRs comments post match. If we do get just 1 more player in (likely to be Cadden) then that will be a shocking close season window.

One thing no one is mentioning is injuries. It’s unlikely we’ll get through the rest of preseason with no injuries, and Mackie seems to be struggling already. We are desperately short in a couple of key areas and KRs comments today means it looks like we’ll start the season with possibly just 1 more player.

If you are going to make a judgement on the team that lines up against Sunderland then you must be a bit concerned about KRs comments post match. If we do get just 1 more player in (likely to be Cadden) then that will be a shocking close season window.

One thing no one is mentioning is injuries. It’s unlikely we’ll get through the rest of preseason with no injuries, and Mackie seems to be struggling already. We are desperately short in a couple of key areas and KRs comments today means it looks like we’ll start the season with possibly just 1 more player.

Robinson said one deal basically done (Cadden) and hopefully done before Tuesday, and 3 more in the pipeline (non-committal either way). That has been interrupted as either 4 deals definitely happening or only one before Sunderland. It is entirely reasonable to think that business will be done between Tuesday and Sunderland and that we'll start with a much stronger side than today.

Injuries can and will happen. However, it looks like the squad is being very carefully managed to make sure that no one is risked before the season starts. Whyte missed today due to his International games. Hall has been protected appropriately. And Mackie wasn't rushed today. He could have been named on the bench and given 5 minutes at the end, but better he continues to ease his way back and I have no doubt that he'll feature against Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom