Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite simple to me. If we haven’t brought in an experienced CB and CF by the time we head to Sunderland then this summers recruitment process has failed in its objectives.

If people think that makes me less of a supporter then them, negative or a squawker then I’ll hold my hands up and accept it.
Only an imbecile would think that makes you negative. There’s a huge difference between being positive and deluded, which some people fall incredibly wide of. Questioning is completely healthy and normal. In any other walk of life, sensible planning and caution is held up as the behaviour of responsible, perfectly normal people, and accepting something might go wrong and that if it does it could potentially be quite bad is not a sign of somebody being unreasonable. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with raising an eyebrow and going, “I’m not sure of this, I really hope it works out alright, otherwise I’ll be a bit hacked off that it went wrong again, especially after being assured that everything would be totally fine.” What would be REALLY weird is if you went through life blindly believing everything will work out no matter what. Middle ground is healthy. It might, but it might not. It amazes me that so many people struggle with this concept.

It hasn’t gone completely south, and nobody who spends time and money supporting Oxford United actively wants it to - only a total, total moron would think any fan wants to see their own team lose and struggle. I mean, you’d have to be A REAL IDIOT to think that of people. I’d imagine everybody is hoping for good news between now and the big kick off. But if that news doesn’t come, and I say IF, it is completely fine for people to ask why, and say they aren’t happy about it. Just as it’s fine for people to be happy if things come off, even if beforehand they’ve been openly worried or perhaps even critical. Bizarrely, you’re allowed to feel happy even if you felt sad before, and you’re also allowed to care about someone or something even if you don’t always agree with it. You can even get angry at them and say mean things, just like when you have a row with someone in your family!

So basically, don’t turn in your Official Supporter Card just yet.

Absolutely no need for it to be personal. Thankfully more and more people are being made aware of the false promises from those at the top. People who visited once last season and talked chod about the championship. And who have left us talking with Nile Ranger.

Most people just dont like being fibbed to.

come on guys!!

the point of this forum is to take part in healthy, respectful debate, based around interesting subject matter, about a club that we all care about, and we're all entitled to voice our opinion, and to respectfully disagree on these matters, but all this unpleasant digging at each other is creating a pretty toxic atmosphere.

we're all desperate for some positive news, and getting more frustrated with each week that goes by, but we can't control anything about it, but we can control our behaviour towards each other, as reading all the unpleasant digs is becoming as depressing and frustrating as the bloody transfer window itself!

lets just keep it friendly yeah?
Your 6th post and you come out with something sensible like this?!

Chris Cadden just told us sat round him that’s ‘it’s a loan and announced soon!’ Can’t get a better source than that!

That was my dad in the purple jumper talking to him ?
I knew he would as he’d talk to anyone

Add full internationals Whyte and Cadden to that team, obvs a centre forward(or two) and a left centre back and thats a pretty useful looking team....add a great crop of youngsters and the future is looking good .

Add full internationals Whyte and Cadden to that team, obvs a centre forward(or two) and a left centre back and thats a pretty useful looking team....add a great crop of youngsters and the future is looking good .
Agreed and thats the frustrating thing. With a little investment that could be a seriously good team.

Its now clear that investment is not going to happen. And thats a shame.

Agreed and thats the frustrating thing. With a little investment that could be a seriously good team.

Its now clear that investment is not going to happen. And thats a shame.

See this is the thing that I simply don't get.

Why is it clear that investment is not going to happen? Deals may not have been concluded, and we may not get the players we want, but we are still looking at significant investment however you look at it.

If Tiger really was skint, why not flog Whyte? He'd go for £2m every day of the week. Brannagan? He'd bring in another £750k. Eastwood? £250k. None of these deals would need a hard sell, they'd be snapped up bringing £3m into the accounts.

Or if we were looking at doing things on the cheap, why pay money for Fosu and offer a 3 year deal when they could have got someone in on a free with only 2 years pay?

But in all honesty, I don't even worry about your posts. You play up to the negative role for effect. But others who can be fairly sensible most of the year go into absolute meltdown during the transfer window and come out with comments that are even more ridiculous than yours.

I know people care, and because of that they panic when things don't happen immediately. But some of the hysteria is hard to understand. People might not like my constant positivity, but life really is too short to worry about what may or may not be in the next few weeks!!

Chill out, enjoy the ride, and be ready to cheer the team on (whoever they are) in a little under 2 weeks when it matters.

Last edited:
Seriously, have you heard something from someone, or just speculation.
Just we do have enough money to attract decent players , lots of deals still to be done and I'm confident we will get the right level of quality in to the club. Cadden ,Gorrin, Fosu are three quality players for our level who have signed so far.

All screams loan players to me , Robo said probably only one more player in before we go to Sunderland.

Looks like Cadden will be confirmed and then reading between the lines if he can’t get the players in before Sunderland it’s because they are coming in on Loan.

I think it’s clear Evans isn’t coming we know the centre back from Scotland is a no go , so we have gone from bidding for players to getting players in on loan!!
That’s us fucked then

If we only get Cadden in before Sunderland (which just having listened to KRs interview seems entirely possible) then how anyone can defend the summer recruitment up until that point I just don't know. It is of course more than partially due to the ridiculous timing of the transfer window, but to start the season without a single proper, fit senior striker and to be relying on a player who failed in that position last year as a first choice CB (and the manager discounted earlier in the summer) is patently not good enough.
If he starts the season without at least a be recognised striker, Then he KR has failed as have the board and well they can P**s off

Just we do have enough money to attract decent players , lots of deals still to be done and I'm confident we will get the right level of quality in to the club. Cadden ,Gorrin, Fosu are three quality players for our level who have signed so far.
But none of them are a striker or a CB which is a must and needs to be sorted before the 3rd August

That has been talked to f nearly all the close season window, nothing happening yet we n the dept.

See this is the thing that I simply don't get.

Why is it clear that investment is not going to happen? Deals may not have been concluded, and we may not get the players we want, but we are still looking at significant investment however you look at it.

If Tiger really was skint, why not flog Whyte? He'd go for £2m every day of the week. Brannagan? He'd bring in another £750k. Eastwood? £250k. None of these deals would need a hard sell, they'd be snapped up bringing £3m into the accounts.

Or if we were looking at doing things on the cheap, why pay money for Fosu and offer a 3 year deal when they could have got someone in on a free with only 2 years pay?

But in all honesty, I don't even worry about your posts. You play up to the negative role for effect. But others who can be fairly sensible most of the year go into absolute meltdown during the transfer window and come out with comments that are even more ridiculous than yours.

I know people care, and because of that they panic when things don't happen immediately. But some of the hysteria is hard to understand. People might not like my constant positivity, but life really is to short to worry about what may or may not be in the next few weeks!!

Chill out, enjoy the ride, and be ready to cheer the team on (whoever they are) in a little under 2 weeks when it matters.
Karl. Id hold fire on Whyte given his non appearance today. A huge amount of quality strikers have moved this window, Doidge went for 200k for goodness sake. The players are there.

Im not denying theres been some historical investment. And i am grateful for the funding of a loss making club. Just please (and that includes you Karl) stop patronising us by telling us were big hitters goibg for the championship with bids in all over the shop that, miraculously, never come off.

Someone like Ched Evans for example, not a hard deal to do if the cash is there. Fleetwood did it last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom